Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

National Geographics Playvision

Go down 
+3
Roger
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

National Geographics Playvision Empty
PostSubject: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi! Last year, I talked about how National Geographics Society worked with Playvisions to sell figures Under their names. I posted my whales National Geographics blister card to prove it. I told you about other sets that were once sold (1999?) in Toys'R'Us. There were sets with only small figures, but there were sets that included a large figure along with two small ones.

Lately, I found, on EBay, I was able to buy one of those "one big fig-two small figs" set: "Predators", with the picture of a tiger. The set included the large Playvisions Tiger, the small Playvisions Serval and the small Playvisions Cougar. Other sets like this are visible on the back of the blister card.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 pm

What a fabulous find affraid cheers bounce

This is just a dream for any collector of PV...and for others also Very Happy

Congratulation, and thankyou very much for sharing flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 am

Archaheology in pure state. cheers
Vallérie, it is very interesting and obviously I will complete the information on Toy Animal Wiki according with what you are presenting. A primitive page is already created, later I'll add more information and the blister pictures here presented. Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 2:48 am

Fabulous find! Here are two other National Geographic sets I found on eBay. (But didn't buy cause they are waaaay too much money! Laughing )

There are two separate listings for this one.

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Wow, these are amazing finds! It makes me wish they were still producing figures like this. I've never even seen the big Play Visions before.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:56 pm

I am planning to buy the Bears set next month. I bought my Félines set on EBay as well, and the others are in my Watch List. Man! If only I could find the large Playvisions Bowhead Whale...

Oh! By the way, in the Imperial thread, I also added my bean bag Manta Ray blister card. On it, we can see all the other figures of the bean bag series.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 am

Information of 3-pieces blister cards with a large figure was added on Toy Animal Wiki according with the information provided in this topic. Any mistakes or information missing, just let me know.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 pm

I bought the Bears package. I will post here my blister card as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Here they are! My National Geographics-Playvisions Bears and their blister card!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

These are fascinating! Shocked Congratulations on getting them! It's so nice to still have the original blister card with the figurines. Very nice find!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm

It is amazing what you are being able of finding these days! cheers
These blisters are surely not easy to find in their original condition.
I added your blister pictures on TAI ... here! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Here they are! My National Geographics-Playvisions Bears and their blister card!

WOW !!!! You got them already bounce cheers
What a gem Applause Very Happy

But..but...did you take them out of the card ???? affraid

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Of course! But I cut the bubble off instead of tearing it from the card. This way, the card remains intact and the figures are loose. I get best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 am

Interesting catch!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Now, I'm thinking of buying the Wolves set.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Here it is! The National Geographics Wolves-Fox set!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

You've found again another little treasure. I just added your pictures of the cards here!
I know you're doing a big effort to get these sets but I am sure they worth it. Very Happy
Could you please only confirm if the fox is marked number 2 and year 1996? As far as I know, these National Geographic sets are later releases. scratch

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Very nice, congratulations again! I'd love to get my hands on the Canidae set as well, once drunken

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Roger wrote:
You've found again another little treasure. I just added your pictures of the cards here!
I know you're doing a big effort to get these sets but I am sure they worth it. Very Happy
Could you please only confirm if the fox is marked number 2 and year 1996? As far as I know, these National Geographic sets are later releases. scratch

I confirm the fox is numbered 2 and 1996.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I confirm the fox is numbered 2 and 1996.

Thank you! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 pm

There still is Something that bothers me: on EBay, there is a Bears set still on sale, Mint On Card. And you know what? THE BACK OF THE CARD IS DIFFERENT FROM MINE. As a matter of fact, the card still on sale on EBay shows more sets than mine shows. For example, I see a set including a sea turtle plus two other animals I cannot identify for sure (picture is two small). What should I do? I'm not interested in having figures in double. But this blister card really is Something. What if someone else on this forum buys it and puts the card on TAI? But I cannot force anyone to buy it just to satisfy my curiosity...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Geographics Playvision   National Geographics Playvision Empty

Back to top Go down

National Geographics Playvision
Page 1 of 1