Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger

Go down 

Choose the 2016 Wildlife Figure of the year
CollectA Grevy's Zebra
17%
 17% [ 15 ]
CollectA Himalayan Tahr
8%
 8% [ 7 ]
CollectA Hirola
13%
 13% [ 12 ]
Papo Marabou Stork
4%
 4% [ 4 ]
CollectA Nilgai
8%
 8% [ 7 ]
Schleich pangolin
7%
 7% [ 6 ]
CollectA Shoebill
8%
 8% [ 7 ]
Papo Standing tiger
29%
 29% [ 26 ]
Mojo sitting White Rhino calf
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 am

Dear friends, here are the 9 finalists for 2016 STS Wildlife figure of the year!
This poll will run for 6 days with one vote per member allowed.
At the end of Tuesday, February 28th, we will know the results.
The winning figure will participate in the overall 2016 Toy Animal Figure of the Year poll, along with the other category winners.
Have fun! cheers

CollectA Grevy's Zebra
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA Himalayan Tahr

CollectA Hirola

Papo Marabou Stork

CollectA Nilgai

Schleich Pangolin

CollectA Shoebill

Papo Tiger

Mojo White Rhino calf (sitting)

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Christophe

I must have lost something...why only 9 finalists instead of 10? question Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Because I couldn't choose 10, there was 4 ex æquo at the tenth rank. It was nine or thirteen.

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 am

We can't tell it was not a great year! I can see that popular figures like the Schleich oryx, Papo impala, CollectA eland calf or Schleich cheetah, among others, haven't entered the top9.
Two things are already defined, Schleich pangolin was the best 2016 wildlife figure of the company while Mojö's favorite was the white rhino calf sitting made by our dear Ana! Very Happy This last is also the wildlife baby of the year and it is a produgious officious prise once the eland calf was a very good competitor. Wink I see also, that CollectA is leading with several figures on top but there is always a very strong Papo competitor. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 am

My friends Choice is very difficult, All these pieces are in my collection I like all even if you would add the others! bounce drunken
Cruel, difficult! affraid affraid study scratch
I see a future for all brands, dare the incredible poses, diversity and sub-species!
Finally my vote will go to CollectA Shoebill do not ask me why? Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
Because I couldn't choose 10, there was 4 ex æquo at the tenth rank.  It was nine or thirteen.

Oh I understand, gosh...thank you for the explanation I m very sad thate the wonderful Schleich Cheetah and oryx did not make it No
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:54 pm

The oryx was among the four on the rank 10, The cheetah was at rank 20.

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Schleich had a good year in terms of wildlife, the trio pangolin, oryx and cheetah is very good. Schleich of the year for me is the pangolin and it is here among the best. The good problem is that there are several good figures in 2016 and we could not ellect all. Very Happy From my part, I am also surprised that the figure of my choice is not having a performance as I expected but it is because there are other very good candidats. Any of them could easily be the figure of the year if it was 7 or 8 years ago. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:52 pm

It was easy for me to pick a favourite from all the other catagories.
But it was nearly impossible to choose just one of the Wildlife candidates.
There are so many beauties, I had to "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" my winner for 2016. Embarassed

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Uhh, this is the hardest poll ever !
Till now, I was waiting for an inspiration for me, to come from somewhere .. Laughing
We almost can see the winner ...although, there is still more then 24 hours.
And to give a little surprise, for the friends, who knows me ... Yes, I love Tigers, and I love this Papo model, but I`m trying to be more open ..and I voted for another model Very Happy
As I can see , it will be not the winner, but it is one of a kind ...so it deserves my respect :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 am

Ladies and gentlemen,

The STS 2016 Wildlife Figure is the Papo standing Tiger  cheers

Below the Final ranking:

1 Papo Standing tiger
2 CollectA Grevy's Zebra
3 CollectA Hirola
4 CollectA Himalayan Tahr
4 CollectA Nilgai
4 CollectA Shoebill
7 Schleich pangolin
8 Mojo sitting White Rhino calf
9 Papo Marabou Stork

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 am

This is such a wonderful model! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 pm

This tiger is a beautiful model. I love you
I love tigers and big cats from Papo, but my favorite in the wild life categori 2016 is the Nilgai from CollectA. Applause
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:42 pm

While I voted for the CollectA Zebra, this tiger is another beautiful model and no doubt worthy of the title Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:05 pm

@Tove wrote:
I love tigers and big cats from Papo, but my favorite in the wild life categori 2016 is the Nilgai from CollectA. Applause
I also voted the nilgai despite its simple pose. Animals like these don't need unusual poses. My vote could be easily to CollectA's grevy's zebra if it was not the little but important flaw Susanne pointed in her great walk around! Very Happy This zebra is a real collector targeted figure. An unusual species, very hard in terms of manufacturing and it was even positioned in a higher price range as it happened with the Mojö gaur. Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:58 pm

@Roger wrote:
@Tove wrote:
I also voted the nilgai despite its simple pose. Animals like these don't need unusual poses. My vote could be easily to CollectA's grevy's zebra if it was not the little but important flaw Susanne pointed in her great walk around! Very Happy  This zebra is a real collector targeted figure. An unusual species, very hard in terms of manufacturing and it was even positioned in a higher price range as it happened with the Mojö gaur. Wink

So...Who voted for the tiger since it's not you and... Not me Wink  Laughing

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:03 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@Tove wrote:
I also voted the nilgai despite its simple pose. Animals like these don't need unusual poses. My vote could be easily to CollectA's grevy's zebra if it was not the little but important flaw Susanne pointed in her great walk around! Very Happy  This zebra is a real collector targeted figure. An unusual species, very hard in terms of manufacturing and it was even positioned in a higher price range as it happened with the Mojö gaur. Wink

Laughing Laughing My wife voted CollectA hirola so it was not ehr fault either. Wink Yes, I want to know who voted in that tiger. Suspect study Wink

Back to top Go down
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 pm

@Roger wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@Tove wrote:

Laughing Laughing My wife voted CollectA hirola so it was not ehr fault either.  Wink Yes, I want to know who voted in that tiger. Suspect study Wink

Me either ... Very Happy ... And my choice was also the same as the one of your wife Wink

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:26 am

@costicuba wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@Tove wrote:

Laughing Laughing My wife voted CollectA hirola so it was not ehr fault either.  Wink Yes, I want to know who voted in that tiger. Suspect study Wink

Me either ... Very Happy ... And my choice was also the same as the one of your wife Wink

Laughing The same for me Wink

Rogério, tell your lady she has very good taste...At least for antelopes Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Congrats

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 STS Wildlife Figure of the Year: Papo standing Tiger
Page 1 of 1