Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue

Go down 
+2
Roger
Tarunyada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue Empty
PostSubject: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Online:
Online PDF Catalogue EN
Online PDF Collectors Catalogue DE/EN/FR
Other Languages

It was no surprise when I found out the 2017 catalogue would be the same as last year's; A5 formatted. I still miss our beloved A6 catalogues, but I think we should get used to the new format. Where the 2016 catalogues still matched the old Schleich style, the cover of the 2017 one looks completey different. I took some photographs of my issue, which you can find below, but don't hesitate to take a look at the online PDF catalogue in the links above.

Page count
2016.01 > 67
2016.02 > 79
2017.01 > 63
2017.02 > ??

2016 vs 2017
When opening the catalogue, it strikes me that Schleich pays little attention to their brand. In both 2016 catalogues you start with 4 pages about the brand, but these are just gone in the 2017 one. In the second catalogue of 2016 you can find some colour pages in the middle of the booklet (which can be taken out quite easily), but the 2017 catalogue is full of colour pages and little games, everywhere in the folder. A major change (not necessarily negative) is that all product numbers, names and price tags can be found beneath every page. The figurines on the page are simply numbered, and you can find addition information about the figurines beneath the page. It looks rather clean, actually. But the figurines are still pictured on busy backgrounds; I miss the simple white ones. Lastly, and what bothers me most, is that they completely left the pages on which you can see the new products. The first catalogue of 2016 had this, and I found this an improvement. Unfortunately Schleich didn't think the same, and they left it.

NOTE
Please note that the pictures below are from the Dutch/Belgian/French edition. Pictures and releases can be different in other countries. Also note that, as far as I know, exclusives are never pictured in the catalogue. Not sure what Schleich will do about the July sloth exclusive, though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2017 January - June

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2017 July - December

see you in a few months

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Great presentation of the new catalogue and very interesting observations. As a poor sighted man, I confess these catalogues are much less friendly, mainly when checking it in a collector's point of view. Now, it is not a big problem for me, Toy Animal Wiki will keep telling the Schleich history in the same way of ever and I feel more confortable with the wiki. However, a website is not a catalogue and I really wished Schleich could turn back to the classic style. Yes, classic once we see a very similar style in other companies like Papo, Bullyland, CollectA, Safari, etc. I also hope this new design doesn't turn fashionable and that other companies do not feel influenced.
I actually like the A5 size, I love the A5 Mojö catalogues for instance. On Schleich new catalogue, The busy background is in fact what I dislike.
By the way, I have a Portuguese version of this catalogue, if anyone is interested, I can send it and you only have to pay shipping. Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Roger wrote:
Great presentation of the new catalogue and very interesting observations. As a poor sighted man, I confess these catalogues are much less friendly, mainly when checking it in a collector's point of view. Now, it is not a big problem for me, Toy Animal Wiki will keep telling the Schleich history in the same way of ever and I feel more confortable with the wiki. However, a website is not a catalogue and I really wished Schleich could turn back to the classic style. Yes, classic once we see a very similar style in other companies like Papo, Bullyland, CollectA, Safari, etc. I also hope this new design doesn't turn fashionable and that other companies do not feel influenced.
I actually like the A5 size, I love the A5 Mojö catalogues for instance. On Schleich new catalogue, The busy background is in fact what I dislike.
By the way, I have a Portuguese version of this catalogue, if anyone is interested, I can send it and you only have to pay shipping. Very Happy

Thank you very much for your insight, Roger! I can tell you, even for someone with good sight like me, these new style Schleich catalogues are a disaster. I can understand why children love them, but I do miss the old Schleich catalogues. And indeed, I do hope so that the other brands don't get 'inspired' by what Schleich's doing these days!
Unfortunately, I've never seen a Mojö Fun catalogue in real life, so I had no idea Schleich's not the only one doing these A5 formatted catalogues. I prefer the A6 ones (I think it makes these collector's catalogues distinctive), but I think these A5 catalogues would look better when they have a clean, calm layout.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 2:51 am

Waaaaaaaay to busy for me. Hard to see the models well with the scenic backgrounds. Not a fan of the new design. No Thank you for your great presentation Julie, much appreciated! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am

Ohh, great that it is not only me !!! I find them very confusing...and in a strange way it makes the range look smaller scratch

I fear that it is the fashion, - adults complain about it also in children's movies : Swish! Bang! hurry, hurry ! No time to sit together and talk about what happens. Rolling Eyes

Thankyou, Julie, for sharing pictures and your thoughts flower

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks for your comments, LeeAnn and Susanne! I'm glad that it isn't just me. I fear we have to get used to this new fashion of Schleich's Neutral

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I fear that it is the fashion, - adults complain about it also in children's movies : Swish! Bang! hurry, hurry ! No time to sit together and talk about what happens. Rolling Eyes

"Hurry up and wait" is a common phrase here Rolling Eyes Quick, do what we want to do but we're going to make you wait until we're ready!

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

Good Morning.

Does anyone have the "Online PDF Collectors Catalogue DE/EN/FR" or "Schleich_OnlineCatalogue_DE-ES-IT.pdf " of 2017?

2018 is already on the link.

Greetings and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Vampiro0 wrote:
Good Morning.

Does anyone have the "Online PDF Collectors Catalogue DE/EN/FR" or "Schleich_OnlineCatalogue_DE-ES-IT.pdf " of 2017?

Greetings and thank you.

Good morning and welcome on forum!
Try here! if you can't find exactly what you are searching, just let us know. Very Happy

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 pm

No. On this website there is only the brand catalog from January to June 2017.

I do have the brand catalogs but I lack the collector that is the one I need.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Vampiro0 wrote:
No. On this website there is only the brand catalog from January to June 2017.

I do have the brand catalogs but I lack the collector that is the one I need.

Thank you.

Welcome

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Vampiro0 wrote:
Good Morning.

Greetings and thank you.

I have the catalogue of the first part of 2017 on my computer. If you send me your e-mail adress through private message (PM), I can send the file your way!

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Vampiro0 wrote:
Good Morning.

Greetings and thank you.

I have the catalogue of the first part of 2017 on my computer. If you send me your e-mail adress through private message (PM), I can send the file your way!

No need! You can find lots of catalogues (by other brands as well) on the Spielzeug Guenstig site, here. The Schleich-S 2017 one is available in German. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue   SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue Empty

Back to top Go down

SCHLEICH 2017 Catalogue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: SCHLEICH catalogues-
Jump to: