Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!

Go down 
+13
Anne from Norway
Tove
Suebeedo
LukaLeon085
Sergey
landrover
Dutch Bear
arafan
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Roger
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose the 2016 Animal figure of year
Papo Australian shepherd
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap5%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
CollectA Camargue
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap7%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Papo Kaprosuchus
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap10%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 9 ]
Safari Ltd WW Moose
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap9%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
Papo standing Tiger
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap42%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 42% [ 36 ]
CollectA Turkey
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap12%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 12% [ 10 ]
CollectA wandering albatross
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_lcap15%The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 86

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Empty
PostSubject: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 11:07 am

Ladies and Gentlemen Here are the 7 finalists for the STS 2016 figure of the year

Only one vote per members  Sad   Laughing 

The suspense will stop in 7 days, Tuesday 7 march

Have fun  cheers 

Papo Australian shepherd
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Dogs2017_Papo

CollectA Camargue
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Camarg13

Papo Kaprosuchus
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Papo55056MouthOpen

Safari Ltd WW Moose
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Safari113289.jpg_original

Papo standing Tiger
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Papo50208.jpg_original

CollectA Turkey
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! 600px_CollectA88762

CollectA wandering albatross
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! 2_Collect_A88765

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 11:50 am

Marvelous figurines! May the best one win! cheers

The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Manatee_icon1The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Tiny_heart_emoticon_by_gasara-d79d7v1Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Manatee_icon2
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks Christophe! 3 Papo, 3 CollectA and 1 Safari! No doubts Papo and CollectA rule these last years. They are the companies with more winners in categories with 7 and 10 respectively.
I am surprised that none of my favorites is in this final poll but these candidats are surely good too. Nilgai and Grevy's zebra were the two figures I enjoyed best this year despite the little problem of the zebra. Papo standing tiger won the Wildlife category and it is evident that this is a popular figure. Curiously, the only in my collection of the entire list.
I don't have it clear yet which is my favorite among these but I'll surely vote! Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Can't wait to see who the lucky winner is! bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

All are wonderful models cheers
Even if I would not have vothed on that particular horse, it is a lovely model Very Happy

But of course my bid for Model-of-the-Year is the albatross I love you

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

None of them was my favourite in the catogory pool, so I still don't really have a model that I would call my favourite here. Can't wait to see which one will win.

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 11:11 am

Is it just me, or are we liking dynamic animals more then before?
A running moose, a dino-croc on high legs, a jumping tiger, a flapping albatros...

And I find it so hard to choose a number 1.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Is it just me, or are we liking dynamic animals more then before?
A running moose, a dino-croc on high legs, a jumping tiger, a flapping albatros...

And I find it so hard to choose a number 1.

And a huffing-and-puffing turkey Laughing

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:30 am

My favourite is the nilgai of CollectA.

But The most important thing is that there are many

beautiful animals every day of different brands. Smile

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 1:48 am

... I think 52 votes out of more than 2000 participants is not enough... What do you think, Kiki? Or this game is all happy? scratch scratch scratch scratch

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

I love them all :-)

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi everyone. For me it's a toss up between the strutting turkey and the tiger. The colors are wonderful! It will be fun to see who the group has chosen for First Place.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

The albatross need more votes! king
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 6:05 pm

... I offer my condolences to Kiki! Again, the tiger, again banality! Grevy's Zebra, antelope Hirola, excellent wandering albatross and many others was left behind... But what to do, my friend? Model tiger Papo really unusual, interesting and dynamic! But we do choose NOT SPECIES, but MODEL! Laughing Laughing Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 am

Sergey wrote:
... I offer my condolences to Kiki! Again, the tiger, again banality! Grevy's Zebra, antelope Hirola, excellent wandering albatross and many others was left behind... But what to do, my friend? Model tiger Papo really unusual, interesting and dynamic! But we do choose NOT SPECIES, but MODELl! Laughing Laughing Wink

Laughing Yes maybe in 2018 we will choose an elephant riding a Flamingo Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Sergey wrote:
... I offer my condolences to Kiki! Again, the tiger, again banality! Grevy's Zebra, antelope Hirola, excellent wandering albatross and many others was left behind... But what to do, my friend? Model tiger Papo really unusual, interesting and dynamic! But we do choose NOT SPECIES, but MODELl! Laughing Laughing Wink

Laughing  Yes maybe in 2018 we will choose an elephant riding a Flamingo Wink

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 am

Suebeedo wrote:
Hi everyone. For me it's a toss up between the strutting turkey and the tiger. The colors are wonderful! It will be fun to see who the group has chosen for First Place.

Hi, SUE !!!!! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 am

I love all of them! But the Albatross is the only one I have, the others I can only judge from photos, so the birdie gets my vote. ( but thanks for the tips, now I have ordered several of the others, too!)
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 am

Sergey wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Sergey wrote:

Laughing  Yes maybe in 2018 we will choose an elephant riding a Flamingo Wink

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Shocked Every year some of the best figures never even get voted into the final .. and tiny gems like the Rhino calf from Mojo have lil chance , neither any feathered friends can win ...

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
I love all of them! But the Albatross is the only one I have, the others I can only judge from photos, so the birdie gets my vote. ( but thanks for the tips, now I have ordered several of the others, too!)

You will not regret. I have some of them - the turkey, the kaprosuchus, the dog, the tiger and the albatros. Beautiful models all of them. Applause drunken

The photos shown on the forum have often made me order new models - "must have's". Embarassed Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:39 pm

I think that tiger is a really superb model! Incredible quality, fantastic original and dynamic pose, amazing realism and face expression. Painting is also very good for a factory paintwork. I'm happy to see it won! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers Congrats to Papo! Another lovely big cat model cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! 50208.jpg_original

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Congratulations to the winner! Really great choice. It seemed like there were almost too many good ones this year, particularly in the prehistoric category.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Papo is the first brand winning the contest two times! It was before with another wild cat, the snow leopard. cat
I agree with Sergey, we choose models not species or a tiger would never enter the contest. Laughing
I have it and it is an exciting figure, my favorite was the nilgai but this figure has a tremendous pose, something that we don't see in most of other figures. Seeing Sue posting here, is also for me a much bigger joy than if it was a poll of 1000 votes instead. flower
Who will win next year, CollectA's bongo? Papo ocelot, Safari feathered T-rex? CollectA saiga? Schleich sloth bear? CollectA Lion? Mojö Shire? ... one of the Southlands replicas? I am missing a lot, there are again a lot of excellent candidats. bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!   The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger! Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2016 Animal figure of the year: Papo standing Tiger!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: STS Figure of the year-
Jump to: