Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 10:17

Thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about Toy Major, I am trying to sort these figures at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is not easy at all, we don't have a catalogue and Toy Major released already a vaste lot of sets with figures of all sizes and kinds.
However, I believe it is possible to group them in a comprehensive way as long as we use some information.
Most Toy Major figures are marked with brand logo (TM inside of an oval), with year and animal name as you can see in picture below from Susanne's collection.
I know there are several of these figures among our friends' collections, they are often regarded just as random China figures but you can check easily if they're Toy Major or not.
So, pictures would be very important to we start grouping these series and see which surprises the brand still have for us.
Adding to what is marked in each figure, it could be good to know if it is hollow or solide and how it compares in size with major companies.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks!

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:06

There are some in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page, but I have not taken them out of the sealed bags.
Perhaps I should. They aren't worth gold, after all scratch

I have these  also :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Baboon, 2005, solid

Cheetah ( Yes it does say chettah !!!), hollow, 1998.

Mountain goat, solid, 1997

Reindeer, solid, 1997

I can mail the pictures to you if that is easier for you ?

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 17:46

Susanne, very efficient as usual! cheers
No, you don't need to remove these Fina figures from their original bags. You got the complete series and in sealed bags and I like that it is presented like that at Toy Animal Wiki.
These molds, as far as I know, are not exclusive to that series so we can later introduce them also on Toy Major Wildlife page using pictures from other members that have them unsealed. Idea
You also don't need to send these great pictures to me, I can save them easily from this topic and I will upload them on TAI as soon as possible. Very Happy Strange cheetah indeed but also a good example why it is good to know what is marked in each figure. Very Happy
Only a little request, what about the greater kudu of the picture I posted on first post? Don't you have it anymore? It may help me with a kudu confusion I have at the moment. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 18:32

Thankyou for your kind and wise words, Croger drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Only a little request, what about the greater kudu of the picture I posted on first post? Don't you have it anymore? It may help me with a kudu confusion I have at the moment. Laughing

Ohhh! Roger, how could I forget this little beauty !!! affraid
He was hiding on a shelf together with a flock friends from other brands Very Happy

It seems that you know my collection better than I do cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 18:17

The reindeer looks interesting

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 18:27

Thanks Susanne, it seems your kudu belongs to an interesting African set. Very Happy

The reindeer looks interesting

... and it has what may be one of the rare reindeer calves in toy shape. My apologies to the owner of the picture but I've lost the source. pale

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 18:29

It looks that Toy Major have some more interesting figurines :)

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 15:30

I have two pictures of my Toy Major figurines to share, but I'm sure I have some more figurines from this brand! At least one lioness, but I have to check when I'm home again. For now, I have these two:

Humpback Whale
Solid
About 20-25cm long

Wildebeest
1994 (?)
Solid
Smaller than Schleich
Taller than tube-size

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 20:11

Thanks Julie, actually you already entered the humpback whale on TAI. You even identified the scale as 1:75. I've once found a picture of a 1994 Toy Major manta ray marked with 1:30 scale, so, if the humpback is also marked with scale, it may be from the same series.
The wildebeest is also from 1994? the other figures I know from that year are really big so it may represent a kind of series of African animals in small size. study

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 20:13

Thanks Julie, actually you already entered the humpback whale on TAI. You even identified the scale as 1:75. I've once found a picture of a 1994 Toy Major manta ray marked with 1:30 scale, so, if the humpback is also marked with scale, it may be from the same series.
The wildebeest is also from 1994? the other figures I know from that year are really big so it may represent a kind of series of African animals in small size.  study

Ha, now I see it! I completely missed it Laughing

I'm not sure about the release year of the wildebeest, I can be completely wrong with 1994. I'll check as soon as I'm home again! Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 23:59

Today, almost accidentally, I've found a Toy Major figure in a flea market. It is a solide figure, Schleich sized, marked Toy Major Trading Co, 2006, Made in China, 1052-P8.
It feels and weighs like a Schleich figure of its time. Shocked elephant

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 5:32

A nice elephant. It is crazy how many rare or unknown figures exists.

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:30

Oh! Then, I will add this comment about my own TM collection: ALL MY TOY MAJOR FIGURES ARE HOLLOW. The only "solid" part a TM piece has in my collection, is the manubrium of my Black Sea Nettle. Its bell is hollow. Like all my TM figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 0:29

Actually I am quite curious about this elephant. It rivals in quality with the Schleich counterpart retired two years before and it is manufactured with a similar material. It weighs 238 g what is a respectable weight for a standard sized elephant figure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   

Back to top Go down

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki
Page 1 of 1