Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Time to turn in your idea for the SUY of October Very Happy

Share | 

World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:09 am

We were gifted with a new brand, called Southlands Replicas,  from our friend Jason & Family! A new world of animal figures of Australia was born and we should all feel quite happy! Very Happy 
I am even happier, so I now am also an owner of these wonderful figures thanks once more to Susanne's non measurable generousity that gave me them all!!!
All? No, can you spot something unusual in this group? scratch
Yes, there is a new tiny partner, a lovely platypus. Jason just gave me a prototype of it and allowed me to be the first owning and presenting it to the collecting community! cheers
That's a very appreciated gesture and I feel very honoured. Very Happy 

Once there is a huge effort to put all figures at a very reasonable scale, the platypus needed to be done in very small size. It is actually a 1:12 scale but it works perfectly with the standard 1:15 scale used in this line. To keep it in 1:15 scale, it needed to be even smaller.
At the moment I don't have any figure from other major companies to compare but you can see it in my hand and also compared with a AAA battery. 
I am not a completist and I use to collect only a few figures from each brand but this time I am almost sure I will want to collect all Southlands Replicas.
Notice all the detail and effort in terms of finishing quality that is put in these figures and see how wonderfully they work as a collection. flower 
I really recomend to everyone to collect them, you can find through Minizoo shop and, as the company is expanding, you can find these figures in other known online shops too.
My huge thanks to Susanne and Jason! I am glad I could present it in the first Saturday of March that is the National Platypus Day! cheers 

Unmarked prototype

Last edited by Roger on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:29 am

A very nice new figurine :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:35 am

@widukind wrote:
A very nice new figurine :)

Thanks Andreas! I know that a platypus is not exactly the most exciting species for your zoo but I truly recomend it to you. I know you are not also a completist but you won't regret if you decide to get the whole series. Very Happy

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:01 am

Great looking platypus, big congrats Roger!

trovalsa

Country/State : Lisbon, Portugal

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 am

These are really beautifully made models! Both the sculptures and the painting is amazing. I love the Thylacine Very Happy

.: Tom :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 am

Wonderful newcomers and the platypus is just fantastic! Congratulations Roger! And thank you for showing it o us!! cheers

http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:52 am

Congrats Roger for these great additions !
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 pm

What a lovely figurine drunken Definitely going to get this one when it's available! Thanks for sharing, Roger, and thanks for all your lovely figurines, Jason! cheers

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:12 pm

@Tarunyada wrote:
Definitely going to get this one when it's available!

Have a look here, you can buy them now:  cheers
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Southlands-Australische-Wildnis.html

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Is it true ? Was it international Platypus Day yesterday affraid

So THAT is why they did not want to arrive sooner cheers Laughing

Roger, I am so happy you got them at last, and that you share my enthusiasm bounce

Hurray for Jason, the great artist, the generous friend of STS, and on top of it, he even has the energy to run such a wonderful new brand cheers sunny

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks Paige, Tom, Anna, Florian, Julie and everyone! cheers

@SUSANNE wrote:
Is it true ? Was it international Platypus Day yesterday affraid

On forum it was true once a new released platypus was presented for the first time to the public. Laughing
There isn't an official day of the platypus actually but it was a promotion made by Disney Channel some years ago. As it was held at the first Saturday of March, so yesterday could be one of them. It is a discontinued initiative, you can find more here! :)
Though, we can still celebrate the animal here! Laughing

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:51 am

Congrats Roger and thanks for the photos.
Hurray to Jason.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 am

What a tiny Jewel, lucky you cheers It is small but very fine, it seems I need one more platypus on my shelves!

Hurray for Jason Applause

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 am

Congratulations for your beautiful and for now - small, but complete Southlands Replicas collection Roger :) So I wish you , this collection to become bigger and bigger ..
Actually I wish that to all of us Very Happy
And we are all very happy when new member of our new, favorite company is presented to us.
And hurray for Jason and Susanne cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks Christophe and Kosta! cheers
In fact, I am already missing some more new announcements. Southlands... tell us what's next! bounce bounce

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 am

It's BEAUTIFUL! So, the next replicas will be the amazing grey kangaroo female, the Tazzie devil, the brush-tailed possum, and now this beautiful wee platypus! I've collected them all thus far, I will collect t them all! Can't wait for this little monotreme!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 am

@Gulogulo76 wrote:
It's BEAUTIFUL! So, the next replicas will be the amazing grey kangaroo female, the Tazzie devil, the brush-tailed possum, and now this beautiful wee platypus! I've collected them all thus far, I will collect t them all! Can't wait for this little monotreme!

Thanks, I do really want them all too if possible. The kangaroo looks extraordinary, the Tasmanian devil is powerful and the mountain possum adorable. Let's see what is eing released together with this platypus. bounce

PostSubject: Re: World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.    

Back to top Go down

World premiere! A new Southlands Replicas release!!! Platypus prototype.
Page 1 of 1