Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Just got in the new 2017 Schleich red fox and decided to do a quick walkaround of her. The proportions are a bit odd but the fur details and paint work are really nice. From what I can see, this appears to be a fox in its summer coat, given how NOT fluffy she is. :)

I can't exactly say this fox was an improvement over the last red fox...it just looks wonky anatomy wise? Or perhaps its because I'm not used to seeing a red fox in its short summer coat? *shrug*

Here are some photos. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks for the walkaround, Fallon! cheers And congratulations on getting her, of course Smile The anatomy seems a bit odd indeed scratch Besides, I just do not understand why Schleich replaced their last fox with one with the same pose Laughing But I'm going to get her nevertheless. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Congratulations with this new model cheers

You are right, the legs are sort of bending forward, and there is something about the neck and the way it is connected to the head...and the way her eyes look in different directions scratch

But as always, when a model is show with such brilliant, sharp close-ups as you make, every little weekness becomes blown up Very Happy

Me too...I can't wait till I get one also Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 10:43 pm

As a collector of foxes, I am obviously very happy that Schleich released a fox. Though, I share your comments and for me this is a useless release. The previous version is basically the same product, a red fox standing with the head turned. It also doesn't seem to be an improvement over the previous version. I'd love to see another species of fox, they could preserve the previous version and add another species to compensate the retirement of the Arctic fox.
If it was a fennec instead, it was surely nothing unusual but, at least, a new species to Schleich collectors. Also, the cute ness of a fennec could work perfectly with what is Schleich design these days. but, why not a Corsac fox? can't brands see how glamourous it is? scratch

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Roger wrote:
As a collector of foxes, I am obviously very happy that Schleich released a fox. Though, I share your comments and for me this is a useless release. The previous version is basically the same product, a red fox standing with the head turned. It also doesn't seem to be an improvement over the previous version. I'd love to see another species of fox, they could preserve the previous version and add another species to compensate the retirement of the Arctic fox.
If it was a fennec instead, it was surely nothing unusual but, at least, a new species to Schleich collectors. Also, the cute ness of a fennec could work perfectly with what is Schleich design these days. but, why not a Corsac fox? can't brands see how glamourous it is? scratch

I even think I prefer the last Schleich fox over this one, actually scratch But it's still needed in ones fox collection, of course! cheers But I agree, a slightly different fox species would fit Schleich perfectly. Maybe next year.. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Roger wrote:

I even think I prefer the last Schleich fox over this one, actually scratch But it's still needed in ones fox collection, of course! cheers But I agree, a slightly different fox species would fit Schleich perfectly. Maybe next year.. Wink

All foxes are mandatory in my collection. Laughing ... and thanks to Susanne, now I have already this new Schleich fox. One thing it is very noticiable is that Schleich used a rougher texture that is common in their last releases. It is quite visible on tail, while the 2005 version opted for a silky looking, this one seems how they look when infested with cat fleas. affraid However, the rough texture, ennobles sometimes the figure once it gives a touch perception similar to polystone. Yes, if Papo is releasing a fennec, much likely Schleich will react. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017   Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Red Fox ~ New for 2017
Page 1 of 1