Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Identify Your CollectA website

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
idyourcollecta

Country/State : California

Identify Your CollectA website Empty
PostSubject: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:19

Some of you may know me from my website “Identify Your Breyer.” Breyer’s recent purchase of North American distribution rights to some of CollectA’s models for their Corral Pals line led me to CollectA and now I’m a certified CollectA Gal, too.  Laughing

What started out as a simple webpage listing which of CollectA’s models Breyer would be selling quickly morphed into a full-on CollectA website featuring all of CollectA’s current and discontinued models as well as their catalogs and (I hope) information on variations, advertisement sheets, older catalogs, and whatever else comes along. I think that collectors will find the site useful and interesting.

But to get there I need your help. Stock photos are great, but what’s really useful to collectors is in-hand photos. That’s where you come in. <g> If you have good color photos of your CollectA models would you consider submitting them to the site? Photos don’t have to be anything fancy, just be in focus and have only one model in the shot. Pictures of one side are fine, but if you have photos of both sides of a model I welcome them both. You’re welcome to watermark photos with your copyright notice, but if you don’t I’ll add “©️ Identify Your CollectA” to prevent theft—something that was a big problem on Identify Your Breyer until I added the watermark.

I’d also love to receive copies of price guides, older catalogs, pretty much anything pertaining to CollectA and its many lines. If you have a scanner you can scan and send them as .jpg files or I can scan and return them to you, postage paid. I welcome your questions and comments here or you can send them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Thank you for your time and attention. cat

Janice Cox
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.identifyyourcollecta.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 1:20

sunny sunny sunny

I'm sure many of our wonderful members will be happy to help Very Happy I think I sent you all of mine already Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 9:40

Great to learn what you are doing cheers

Do you know we already have a site : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?

I have added a link to your site Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyFri 17 Mar 2017 - 10:48

Hi Janice! It's great to have the Identify Your Breyer greatness in our midst! cheers I'm not a huge Breyer collector, but I do have some, and it's always nice to check their identity on your site Smile It's great you've made a CollectA site as well! I'd love to help where I can, but I'm sure you'll find loads of helpful information on our Toy Animal Wikipedia, which Susanne linked in her post above mine.

But good luck, and I'm looking forward to see your progress Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
idyourcollecta

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptySat 18 Mar 2017 - 2:16

Thanks for all of your good wishes! I'm looking forward to getting more into non-Breyer collecting--I think I'm in the right place for that. Very Happy

Yes Susanne, I saw your site not long after I got started. It's full of great info and photos. I think it will be nice to have two different ways of cataloging these cute little guys. study
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 23:16

This is a great idea for a website and I really like the look of it so far.  You're welcome to use my pictures here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well as any others I might review for your site.  Are there any species you're looking for specifically?
Back to top Go down
idyourcollecta

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 5:51

barracudacat wrote:
This is a great idea for a website and I really like the look of it so far.  You're welcome to use my pictures here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well as any others I might review for your site.  Are there any species you're looking for specifically?

Thank you! The only thing I'm fairly well set with is horses and some of the domestic cats. Anything else is very welcome!

Janice
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 8:32

Janice, I see that you did not enter the picturs I sent you in a PM a while ago .
Parhaps it is better if you give us a mail address where you want them sent to ? Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 14:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink Hope you don't mind me answering for you Janice!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 16:42

GREAT !! Thankyou, dear LeeAnn flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify Your CollectA website   Identify Your CollectA website Empty

Back to top Go down

Identify Your CollectA website
Page 1 of 1