Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Jaguar and Leopard

Go down 
+2
barracudacat
SeanieP
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Schleich Jaguar and Leopard Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 3:46 pm

After seeing the Schleich Jaguar up close yesterday I think it can resemble a muscular leopard. I think the Schleich Leopard head/face is too small for its body. Any comments?

photo of African Leopard
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PHoto of Schleich Jaguar

Photo of Schleich Leopard

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Great photographs! Yes, I can see where you're coming from and think this could look like a muscular leopard. The jaguars I've seen at the zoo really do have large, stocky body builds and heads. That being said, I think they did get the spots correct. Jaguars have an extra black dot in the middle of their spots whereas leopards just have spotted circles. I don't think it's a bad jaguar at all, but I'm sure there are better ones.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Laughing Laughing That is indeed a well fed Leopard you found there at the top photo cat

Could the Schleich one be a young jaguar ?
But you are right : If it is supposed to be a jaguar, it should clearly look like a jaguar Rolling Eyes

Btw, - mine does not have the dots in the spots on the left side Suspect

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 am

Shawn, my opinion is that you want to get the Schleich jaguar for your African dioramas! Laughing
The leopard you're showing is surely not what we call the standard leopard. His massive body is almost disturbing. Laughing
Schleich jaguar has a very interesting and intricated painting but in terms of morphology I think it is a step backwards when compared withthe previous version. I am not sure it will work nicely as a muscular leopard. Maybe Papo jaguar could work better like that. Very Happy

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am

Roger wrote:
Shawn, my opinion is that you want to get the Schleich jaguar for your African dioramas! Laughing
The leopard you're showing is surely not what we call the standard leopard. His massive body is almost disturbing. Laughing
Schleich jaguar has a very interesting and intricated painting but in terms of morphology I think it is a step backwards when compared withthe previous version. I am not sure it will work nicely as a muscular leopard. Maybe Papo jaguar could work better like that. Very Happy

You are probably right! But seeing it in person it looked different to me. I feel the head is more of a leopard. I also think the reason why I want it to be a leopard is because I am not too thrilled with the leopard Schleich came out with. Again, the head is too small and looking like a cheetah head. The detail of the spots are incredible on the jaquar.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 2:29 am

On the photo with the real African Leopard, we see a cat, a bit fat for a leopard, but I think, that it is also because of the pose..
it look`s more massive, but when he stretch with the next step, the body will be longer and the belly, not so fat.
Shawn, I think, that the new Schleich Jaguar is not a perfect Jaguar replica, but it is more Jaguar then Leopard.
The head is more for a Jaguar (even not perfect) , the long face, the chin ...
Also the body... the short tale ... more massive legs.. All this shows more Jaguar then Leopard.
On the other hand, Roger is very right about the Papo Jaguar.
Everything on this model screams  - LEOPARD... Everything except the paintwork.
The head of the Papo Jaguar is a Leopard head. The body, legs....even a long tale.

SUSANNE wrote:

Btw, - mine does not have the dots in the spots on the left side Suspect

Susanne, I have the black Jaguar and you know what ...mine doesn`t have even a single spot on the left side Laughing
Haha, it is black ...and it has spots only on the right side. Very Happy (I got mine from MPV)

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 pm

To myself, Schleich's  previous Jaguar figure is more accurate than this new one.  There are some features that the newer Schleich Jaguar got right though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Jaguar and Leopard   Schleich Jaguar and Leopard Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Jaguar and Leopard
Page 1 of 1