Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D Empty
PostSubject: The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D   The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 pm

The last couple of years Safaris dinos have been ok, but a bit dull and passive looking.
They sort of remind me of my childhood Natural Museum in Århus, - rather clumsily  stuffed animals in passive poses,  with faded colours, a bit moth eaten and dusty .....but ok for small children, in lack of better  Laughing  

So it is a true joy to see the many gorgeous models that Safari has for us this year !!!
I have made a small walkaround of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have taken a few pictures of the equally charming deinocheirus  Very Happy

This enormous critter was as long as my house is, but in spite of the terrible claws, it was probably a peaceful plant-eater.
Well. Unlike Christophe, I am not good at telling about the animals behind a model, but I found a very goodt site about the deinocheirus HERE. It is quite interesting and easier to read than Wikipedia. study

Here we go , - meet miss Deinocheiranna :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just adore her face  cheers

Isn't she a charmer ?  Very Happy

She has good, sturdy feet. Beautifully sculptured, - but unfortunately she doesn't stand completely well... Rolling Eyes

Her nails are not as long as seen on many drawings and other models,...but there seems to have been different kinds of deinocheirus.

Her fluffy coat is extremely well made ! See how it follows the lines of her big corpus  cheers

And : Ohhh, happy day !!! She has a mate here  cheers
Now you know why I know that she is female : Mr. Deinocheirus from CollectA is courting, and they are planning to build a nest  Laughing  Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D   The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Nice figurine:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D   The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Great pictures and review! I've been interested in seeing this figure for a while and she is in fact a real beauty. I never knew she went so well with the CollectA version, but they clearly make a nice male/female pair.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D   The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 am

Collecting dinosaurs was some years ago an exercise of collecting monsters more or less inspired in movies. Now, they talk about palaenthology and they are actually very good to compare how this science has developed.
Deinocheirus is a good example, due to what was found in 2013 that allowed these two representatives be a very good approach to what it was in real. Curiously, I find them very different, not only a question of gender, of course. Laughing Suddenly, the 2012 figure from CollectA turned in something very interesting once it was the sculptor perception from what was known what was not much at the time. Honestly, the 2012 figure, although quite inaccurate for what is known today, revealed to be a very competent effort from the company and it is fairly identifiable. The 2016 from CollectA is something very beautiful, they assumed the bird like in a very serious and openminded way and it is good to know that Safari is taking the same way. It is a very curious figure, very bird like, I would say a shoebill looks more like an "extinct" dinosaur than this creature. There's a new era in this hobby and I am sure the dino toy collecting will turn in a more interesting subject than it was already. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D   The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The cutest deinocheirus from Safari 2017 :-D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: