Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

CollectA are going to be listening to us.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Dear fellow collectors,

I have been in close communication with Collecta who have really been helpful in listening to me and considering some animal suggestions that I have put to them. It is quite an exciting time and great to have a relatively new company (in comparison to Schleich) listening to us and watching this forum more closely. We all need to work together to provide Collecta with helpful information that can help influence their new model creations from 2012 onwards.

I have mentioned before in the tree thread that there may be a new tree coming out in 2012 - this is likely to be two trees now which is fantastic news as Collecta are making more exotic trees in comparison to the usual European type trees that Schleich make.

You will be aware the they have produced a fantastic Manatee and Snow leopard families this year and we have been wanting these for a while so I hope this will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship between us and Collecta and the creation of more unusual and highly sought after animal species that no one else is currently making.

So I will put up some new questions soon asking you to list one or two of the most desired animals you want per animal group such as primates, birds etc and lets hope we eventually get what we want in years to come!

I will put forward some suggestion threads later which Collecta will be following. We need to keep our lists concise and direct and not turn the suggestions threads into lots of discussion as we want to keep the interest of our contacts at Collecta!

Feel free to comment here rather than in the suggestion questions that I will put forward shortly. some of us already have contacts at some of the other brands and now we can bring Collecta on board and help them help us!

thanks

Last edited by Schleichzoo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:15 pm

My suggestion is not an animal... I would like to be able to buy Collecta in shops here in Spain, it´s really hard to find!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My suggestion is not an animal... I would like to be able to buy Collecta in shops here in Spain, it´s really hard to find!

Good point, keep'em coming! Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Wow this is wonderful Numaan!
It seems Roger, we found our CollectA Moderator, Numaan Very Happy Very Happy

Well, I think we need more birds, there aren't many bird figurines out there and CollectA seems to be good at making birds so here's two birds I'd like to see as a figurine:

Japanese crane
Great Hornbill

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Dear fellow collectors,

So I will put up some new questions soon asking you to list one or two of the most desired animals you want per animal group such as primates, birds etc and lets hope we eventually get what we want in years to come!

I will put forward some suggestion threads later which Collecta will be following. We need to keep our lists concise and direct and not turn the suggestions threads into lots of discussion as we want to keep the interest of our contacts at Collecta!

Feel free to comment here rather than in the suggestion questions that I will put forward shortly. some of us already have contacts at some of the other brands and now we can bring Collecta on board and help them help us!

thanks

...Oh, what a good sounds Numaan! cheers

Last edited by Sergey on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 pm

This sounds very good!! Thank you!! Please not the same vote like Mojö. cheers

My favourites:

Lesser bird-of-paradise
Douc

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Bird series will be a good start as what I would like to see:

Canada gooses (So far till now I have not seen any maker yet except for newRay)
Great hornbill
Shoebill

For dog: English mastiff - I have not seen any yet except for Yujin.
(Since the dog & cat line is already a successful line).

For horse (this year I am quite happy with their new horses).

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Congratulations Numaan!
I hope we are starting one more partnership!
You are very brave Numaan, someone with the user Schleichzoo, from a forum called Schleichtiersammler, having contact with CollectA!
First of all send my congratulations for the great job they are doing mainly these 2 last years, exactly those I can't find in local shops! Sad
Is fantastic when a brand can put in the market figures like the black-faced horn bill or the barn owl for example!
Now that the range is huge, why not descontinue some older models of lower quality to improove the average quality of what is in catalogue?
Great collection of horses, fantastic sculptings!
Tell to being more careful with paintwork, steams and and reviewings of the painting of some glossy horses, llama, etc.
From new species??? Loved more birds, CollectA has a lot of birds that enjoy me a lot!
Why not a STS bird???Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Congratulations Numaan!
You are very brave Numaan, someone with the user Schleichzoo, from a forum called Schleichtiersammler, having contact with CollectA!
First of all send my congratulations for the great job they are doing mainly these 2 last years, exactly those I can't find in local shops! Sad
Is fantastic when a brand can put in the market figures like the black-faced horn bill or the barn owl for example!
Now that the range is huge, why not descontinue some older models of lower quality to improove the average quality of what is in catalogue?
Tell to being more careful with paintwork, steams and and reviewings of the painting of some glossy horses, llama, etc.
From new species??? Loved more birds, CollectA has a lot of birds that enjoy me a lot!

...I don,t understand friends. We began to vote for Collecta 2012? And what conditions here Numaan?
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:27 pm

A very good initiative, Numaan!
I think, Collecta could make really good birds and monkeys, and these are the very critters that the animal figurine market really lacks today.
Here are my Top-3's:
- Monkeys:
1. Guereza (aka Eastern Black-and-white Colobus)
2. Howler monkey (any species)
3. Lion-tailed Macaque

- Birds:
1. Great Hornbill
2. Capercaillie
3. African Grey Parrot

Schleichzoo wrote:
... Collecta are making more exotic trees in comparison to the usual European type trees that Schleich make.
Speaking of trees: I'd be prefer more wide-spread, background tree species rather that exotic or rare ones - I evaluate trees as crucial diorama elements. And dioramas really need background tree species like, say, oaks, pines or umbrella acacias.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

A
1. Guereza (aka Eastern Black-and-white Colobus)
I'll second that, the same goes for trees, maybe Sausage tree, Acacia or Wild date palm

Numaan

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Congratulations Numaan!

...I don,t understand friends. We began to vote for Collecta 2012? And what conditions here Numaan?

It isnt really a vote for Collecta 2012 specifically and there are no conditions. Collecta would generally like to know what animals we desire as they are looking at producing slightly different animals that what is currently availabile so we are helping the with their research for future reference.

However rather than just listing all the animals we ever wanted and confusing Collecta I have put out separate threads asking people to list 3 animals they most want in within a general group. This will only take a minute of everyone's time but will serve as first hand research for Collecta so lets do our bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Great Numaan Very Happy I'm very proud of people of our forum. What a good place I love you

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 am

Are they going to make any fishies?

Cus it´s hard to find good fish, exept for sharks.

I would like to see both more exotic, like coral fish, and maybe even more, freshwater fish!

Can you ask them about this?
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Have we decided who will count our suggestions and make some final top-5s or Top-3s?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 am

are they taking suggestions for insects? They have a VERY nice insect line. The species are common/routine, but the quality is some of the best of the name-brand companies. Nice, hard plastic, good testure, beautiful paint jobs. They are releasing two new insects this year so I assume they are keeing the line going.

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 am

are they taking suggestions for insects? They have a VERY nice insect line. The species are common/routine, but the quality is some of the best of the name-brand companies. Nice, hard plastic, good testure, beautiful paint jobs. They are releasing two new insects this year so I assume they are keeing the line going.

I agree with you, simce CollectA are listening collectors, they should make it for all series even insects! Maybe Numaan will open a new topic about it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA are going to be listening to us.......   Today at 10:41 am

Back to top Go down

CollectA are going to be listening to us.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1