Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Kudu Bull repaint

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint Empty
PostSubject: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 1:14 am

I have always loved the Papo Kudu Bull stance but always thought he was a little too dark in color. I find Papo makes their animal models darker than their natural colors (i.e. impala). I repainted one of mine to a lighter brown with grey neck area (using charcoal as well).

Here is the photo I went by:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the original Papo model and my repainted version:

Here is my repainted version with Schleich kudus (males made into females) with a calf:

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:13 am

You are right !! I never thought of it before, but the model is really a bit too dark. Yours is SO much better cheers

And what a wonderful, big family he has Very Happy

The photos are just great . The new spring grass is perfect to illustrate high grass son humid plains Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Nice repaint :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:44 am

Two notes only about Papo and Kudus. I started liking better Papo figures when they started to use darker colors. That is just a question of taste, colors vary a lot under different light. Another point is that most of these antelopes, greater kudus included, use to darken with age, especially males. Some females also darken when pregnants. Though, I do think your work is wonderful and your decision was correct. You always find good ideas to make your figures look more correct and the main point is when you give several females to the dominant bull. My collection is full of bulls actually! Laughing

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 3:17 am

Thanks for the kind words all. I do wish I could make them more realistic. Always good feedback, Roger, which is much appreciated.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Kudu Bull repaint   papo - Papo Kudu Bull repaint Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Kudu Bull repaint
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: