Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys

Go down 
+5
Ana
Anne from Norway
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever heard of Wenno before ??   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm

I found that

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Never heard of them before !!! Thankyou for the link Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks Andreas, I didn't know them. They are not top quality but they have some interest. They look somewhat like Wild Republic polybags. Giant anteater is quite funny and it is also funny that they reuse the same molds with different painting to represent different species. For instance, the ostrich is used in Australia, probably as a emu and I am not sure the mold is the same for rhea on South America. For my collection there is a fox with some color variations, I wonder which species the fox is representing on South American set? They have cards included so species info will be possible to know if someone gets one of these sets. Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 5:26 am

I bought some elephants from Wenno some weeks back, they sold them in a big department store for carparts! ( they also have a section for cheap toys)

They are not great, but they were cheap, so I thought why not?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 7:25 am

Very nice! And it's interesting to learn about the new brand Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:34 am

What a coincidence !!! cheers

And funny...isn't the calf the same as is sold as "Brunnen" Shocked

Almost the same pose, at least Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 am

It sure looks like the same mold, yours just have nicer painting, at least nicer eyes.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 am

Anne from Norway wrote:
I bought some elephants from Wenno some weeks back, they sold them in a big department store for carparts! ( they also have a section for cheap toys)

Can you find some sets?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Yes, Anne presented it recently [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in her additions topic and I remember watching it and suddenly I forgot! geek Laughing
Susanne is also right, they look a lot like Brunnen, elephant, sea lion, panda, look very similar, I guess. Very Happy

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 pm

widukind wrote:
Anne from Norway wrote:

Can you find some sets?

I'll check what else they have
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 7:42 am

Anne from Norway wrote:
widukind wrote:
Anne from Norway wrote:

Can you find some sets?

I'll check what else they have

Thank you, i am interested in a few sets :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Not bad! And it's especially interesting to learn about a new brand.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 2:55 pm

I have seen the African sets on sale here in the UK in a shop called The Entertainer.They seemed to be copies of other companies models and aren't too badly made.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Taos wrote:
I have seen the African sets on sale here in the UK in a shop called The Entertainer.They seemed to be copies of other companies models and aren't too badly made.

Interesting, you seen only that set?

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Yes they are the only ones I have seen so far.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Taos wrote:
Yes they are the only ones I have seen so far.

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Came across this boxed set on Amazon recently and decided to buy it since I've never seen the animals before (and I also just had to have the wolf Laughing ) I apologize if this brand was already discovered and a topic made but it looks to be fairly new. It is called "Wenno". The copyright on the fox is 2016 and all other copyrights are 2017.

I don't have great photos but here are a few.
Here's the manufacturer and also a website (didn't look into it yet.)
These animals are solid plastic and pretty weighty too.

If additional photos are wanted I will post a few more. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:49 pm

What a wonderful set cheers

Andreas showed a lin, a while ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and now we have a set to convince us of the nice quality Very Happy

The moose and reindeer remind me of the old Schleich ones, and pershaps there is a bit Safari on the wolf and the fox, but they are NOT copies Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:32 pm

I hope we hear soon more very good news. They have great plans :) no i hope they do it :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Andreas have asked it before and Anne from Norway was the first showing one of their figures on foru. However, we are now much better informed than before. I thought they were hollow and they are solide and heavy. They're marked with year, that's nice to know too.
Maybe these first sets, are just a non expensive way to they start adventuring in this matter. Sculpts are acceptable but nothing special. One of the things I really dislike with this company is that they are using the same mold in several sets with different painting and, often, representing different species. I am still curious to know what is the fox representing in South American set. It is just a red fox and an Arctic fox on remaining sets where we can find it. Their cards may help us.
There's a moose dressed like a fallow deer, an ostrich like a rhea, etc. What I like in this company is that they are just starting and I enjoy their initial concept. I hope they surprise us as Andreas suggests. bounce
By the way, when possible, I will create a page on TAI and we will need some pictures. Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 am

There is also a Wenno App available for the cards :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am

Wenno is a premium line from Shing Hing Toys, thus, that's the reason why we see both names in these boxes. Shing Hing is already widely known on forum as we can see through the links below.

Dogs on Emilia's website

Considering Percefone Horses are marked "SH" and their card reads Shing Hung, it may probably be the manufacturer we know as SH.... the only doubt is because these are marked with dots "S.H.":

It may mean that most of our China unknown models are just Shing Hing. Maybe even [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scratch

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:59 am

Interesting! I did not know they had been around for a little while. When I have a few days off from work, I'll have to take photos of them for TAI. Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Pardon me for bringing this up again, but this set is pretty neat! As Susanne pointed out, some bear resemblance with some major brand figurines, but overal, they're pretty nice. Of course I love the wolf and fox! cheers Haven't seen any of these sets before. I do own some S.H. marked figurines. Thanks for sharing, Fallon! Very Happy

Roger wrote:
There's a moose dressed like a fallow deer, an ostrich like a rhea, etc. What I like in this company is that they are just starting and I enjoy their initial concept. I hope they surprise us as Andreas suggests. bounce

I'd surely be surprised if they would come up with a crocodile dressed up like a ballerina! Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Roger wrote:

I'd surely be surprised if they would come up with a crocodile dressed up like a ballerina! Laughing

lol! ... in my wish list... now! :)

PostSubject: Re: New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys   New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys Empty

Back to top Go down

New Brand? "Wenno" by Shing Hing Toys
Page 1 of 1