Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?

Go down 
+6
Suebeedo
Arrakai
SUSANNE
Wildheart
Roger
Numa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? Empty
PostSubject: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

I read somewhere a while ago on here that Noah's Pals cease to exist and stopped making their animals as they were bought by Schleich.

Does anyone have any more information about this buyout?

What I want to know is why did it take place and what did Schleich gain or benefit from this merge? What was the point exactly? what was achieved if the Noah's animals were discontinued and Schleich haven't reproduced any of the models?

someone clarify if they can....?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
I read somewhere a while ago on here that Noah's Pals cease to exist and stopped making their animals as they were bought by Schleich.

What I want to know is why did it take place and what did Schleich gain or benefit from this merge? What was the point exactly? what was achieved if the Noah's animals were discontinued and Schleich haven't reproduced any of the models?

Thanks Numaan, Some mounths ago I've contacted Noahsto purchase some figures, mainly Nicole, and they told me that were not producing anymore... in Portugal when a huge brand buys a smaller that goes well we call Monopoly!
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Maybe because Schleich wants to stop the competition and remain number 1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Here is Nicole from Torben's collection to prevent any confusion with my niece! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Wildheart wrote:

Yes,maybe. And maybe get some of their know-how Shocked
Or they got an offer they could not refuse, - take over a debt to write down on their profit, get a patent, there can be many reasons, of course

Stupid, though. There are popping new competition up all the time, - just take Collecta, and now Mojo...and all the Far Eastern super-sculpturers . To hope for monopoly, - no, there are too many large players out there Suspect

Maybe Schleich just has too much money drunken

All in all : A good question What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 am

Oh no, so you wont be able to buy them anymore pale

Does anybody know a european site who still sells them? (and ships to sweden)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:

I knew that Noah's Pals weren't available through a store, but have found some on ebay.com. But, I don't know that for a fact they were bought by Schleich. They might have just gone out of business.... No

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Wildheart wrote:

That is a possibility but to be honest the sculpting of Noahs pals were not great and they only produced a small range of animals - they seemed to be a one off to me making cute little animals but nothing that one can regard as a huge competitor. So to me that idea doesnt fit...otherwise Schleich could buy out Safari, Papo etc.....

Also what could Noahs pals teach Schleich? To me Schleich are the better experts.....i hope we find out one day!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Wildheart wrote:

That is a possibility but to be honest the sculpting of Noahs pals were not great and they only produced a small range of animals - they seemed to be a one off to me making cute little animals but nothing that one can regard as a huge competitor. So to me that idea doesnt fit...otherwise Schleich could buy out Safari, Papo etc.....

Also what could Noahs pals teach Schleich? To me Schleich are the better experts.....i hope we find out one day!

That's the point Numaan, what Schleich makes are cute figures with a mask of realism! Noahs used the same strategy with even more cute figures! With nice names and in pairs! They were sharing the same kind of customers! That would be dangerous, so let's buy it before to turn in a huge brand!
Back to top Go down
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:05 am

Suebeedo wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:

I knew that Noah's Pals weren't available through a store, but have found some on ebay.com. But, I don't know that for a fact they were bought by Schleich. They might have just gone out of business.... No

flower ~ Sue

You can still get Noah's Pals at TGF. I recently bought the storks, muntjacs, roan antelope, and aardvarks from them. Maybe I should get the few left that I want before they are no longer being made.
Back to top Go down
sg.de

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:16 am

I can confirm that schleich bought Noahs Pals in 2010.

steve king (not the legal name), the director of Noahs Pals, has worked for schleich in optimizing their web strategy but left the company as well years ago.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:54 am

Hm... that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. And also welcome here. Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 am

Interesting☀ sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 am

Thankyou for the info Applause 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?   Noah's Pals bought by Schleich? Empty

Back to top Go down

Noah's Pals bought by Schleich?
Page 1 of 1