Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection

Go down 
+15
Admin
SUSANNE
Sergey
lucky luke
ken yeo
Arrakai
Kristie
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
Roger
baltimore zoo
landrover
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So compared to the Schlecih jag...it must be a capybara on steroids!
Look out Schlecih jag....it's "CAPZILLA"!

Don´t worry, be happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 pm

To be perfectly honest, I won't be happy, until one of these companies, get's a clue and makes all the animals to scale, so that when placed together
they look proportional! I can't figure out why that's so hard?
And that's the bottom line, because I want realistic, artistic animals that depending on what diorama/display you are using, it will look correct(size/scale wise)!

So if you want to display your jag with a bunch of "Capzilla's" knock your self out!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 pm

I'll send an e-mail to Schleich to make a bigger jaguar next time!clown cat Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

Roger wrote:
I'll send an e-mail to Schleich to make a bigger jaguar next time!clown cat Wink

Yes... What is the kodkod near the normal size capybara Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 am

Congrats :) I´m waiting for my WW okapi by safari :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:52 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
...And that's the bottom line, because I want realistic, artistic animals that depending on what diorama/display you are using, it will look correct(size/scale wise)!
So if you want to display your jag with a bunch of "Capzilla's" knock your self out!
I understand you very well, but try to cope with the current situation with scales. For example, I placed my capybara closer to the edge of the shelf, and the jaguar - at the back. This way they look more or less well inside one display.

SUSANNE wrote:
Hey ... I just discovered, - your new otter is grey Shocked
Mine is brown Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yeah, mine is more grayish brown.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 am

I saw the Indian rhino, White rhino and lion figures today.
The Indian rhino's really really nice! An awesome figure! Unfortunately, just too
small! Why can't they make them larger? It's obvious they make the figures a certain size(I'd like to know their reasoning!), but for the life of me, why can't they make it bigger(6" tall x 8" long)?
I mean the new male lion is 3.25" tall and 5.5" long(Indian rhino is only 3" tall and 4.75" long)...
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:03 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I saw the Indian rhino, White rhino and lion figures today.
The Indian rhino's really really nice! An awesome figure! Unfortunately, just too
small! Why can't they make them larger? It's obvious they make the figures a certain size(I'd like to know their reasoning!), but for the life of me, why can't they make it bigger(6" tall x 8" long)?
I mean the new male lion is 3.25" tall and 5.5" long(Indian rhino is only 3" tall and 4.75" long)...

Glad you liked the Indian Rhino - can't wait to receive mine. I agree with you as always about scale - you'll have to email them and ask why they do it.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 am

E-mailing them, good idea! I just want to get to the root of it, because there's no rhyme or reason as to how/why they make each figure a certain size.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Congratulations on winning the photo contest and winning these wonderful animals. I definately need the capybara. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 pm

I guess not all sculptors/artists have a clue about scale...
In my book it's called common sense!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Congrats to you Kyrill! cheers
Winning the contest and these nice figurines.
The Indian rhino looks fantastic, although somewhat to small indeed maybe, i don't know what the reason in bigger figurines is Baltimore... Rolling Eyes
In smaller species i would say the fact, that they don't fir in childrens throats very good, but for the rest...
Anyway, the rhino looks very well, for sure in compare with the Schleich model, which misses detail as you can see now. Cool.
Yes, the capibara is to big in compare to the rest, the jaguar has a real fight going on catching this guy, but he is nicely sculpted. :)

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Good news: at their official Facebook page Safari Ltd. has told on which species are their prehistoric trees based.
Here's the answer:

The "Tree Fern" is modeled mostly after Psaronius, from the Carboniferous into the Triassic periods.

The "Cycad" is modeled mostly after Pentoxylon.

The Agathis Conifer was modeled mostly from "classic" paleo-illustrators. The Agathis Conifer is not a specific tree species, rather a part of the Araucariaceae family of conifers which existed from before Mesozoic times and has examples living today in southern tropical forests.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Great info cheers
Thankyou for sharing flower sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Congratulation!!! Very very nice animals!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection   Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seven new 2011 Safari figures in my collection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2