Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hubby is worried

Go down 
+3
Ana
SUSANNE
cre8tivesoul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:04 am

So I said to my husband "I'll stick to collecting cats (wild and domestic)... Promise!" But today, while we were at Kmart rummaging in the toy section, I found a trio of small house cats for 5$. "Suhweet bargain!" I thought. But then my dear other-half sees this cute little brown horse and just hands it to me. Err... BIIIIIIG mistake! He was only 5$ as well, so of course... He HAD to come home with us. lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What started off as a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a few weeks ago has now metamorphosed into 21 felines and now, one horse. He looked at me and said "why do I get the sinking feeling this horse isn't going to play solitaire for long?" He knows me too well. Laughing He's a cute cobby horse... Anyone have an idea what breed he could pass off as? To me, he looks like a Canadian Horse.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:22 am

lol!

So you fell in cheers
Welcome in the club Laughing

That is surely a gorgeous horse. I think it is the wonderful Hanoverian from 2009. Is he marked 2008 ? This model was retired last year.
The paintwork is unusual, and you found a magnificent rarity Applause

The kitties are lovely too. The Schleich one to the left is one of my favorites . She was only made from 2011 - 2014, which surprises me.
The two to the right look like Papo, - but the paintwork is more detailed than on mine Very Happy

You can see mine here : Black/white and Ginger cat cat cat

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 am

OMG! affraid Are you serious, Sus? These are Kmart rip-off copies of original Schleich and Papo models! There are no codes nor markings at all. No wonder they were cheap. lol! It's all good... I'm happy with them. They'll look even better when I put the brush to them.

Would you happen to have a photo/link to the Hanoverian?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

WOW !!! They are copies ? Shocked affraid Laughing

Very good copies, I'd say Laughing

Yes, the original, beautyful old hanoverian is here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But if you look at the breed in TAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , tou can see that Schleich also used this model for several "copies" ...or re-use, as we call them in this case Wink

But this kind of models are perfect for re-paiting !!!
Often it is a pity to repaint a beautyful, older model, but with these it is wonderful to give them a glorious new life cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

Laughing That's a lovely story! I'm 100% sure a horse can not live alone for long and he will wish for other equine companions Very Happy Are you officially addicted now? Wink

Last edited by Ana on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 12:54 pm

A question : Was there a copi of Papos Siames cat ? cat Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 pm

That's getting serious! I am also surprised with these copies. At least they have good taste once they used my favorite Schleich horse to copy. Wink
Well, copying a little Susanne's question but in variation mode. Do they copied foxes? Laughing

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Ah, you fell down the slippery slope like the rest of us! Cheers! Laughing  cheers  Very Happy

My only consolation is that at least most of these figures are small compared to other things I collect.  Embarassed  What a Face

Lovely additions! Wow, now I need to go check my Kmart to see if they have any copies. I love the Schleich kitty copy.  cat  drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Yup! Looks like the Hanoverian from Schleich, alright. Even has the brown colour gradation around the belly. I didn't see any Siamese nor foxes at the store. Here's a link to what these guys sell over here. Kmart Figurines Because I'm a noob at collecting (and yes.... VERY MUCH addicted, now! LOL!) I can't really know for sure if any of these figurines are copies, but y'all seasoned salts would know. Wink

I'll be going on a short camper-trailer holiday soon, so that should slow down my "loving hoarding" for a while, but when I get back, I have a woodworking project awaiting me... I'll be building a cabinet for all these beauties (or should I call it, a "catinet"?! Laughing  There's sure going to be more than one cat-in-it!) Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Interesting, I looked at your link and it looks like they have copies of a variety of models by a variety of brands. I used to have a Kmart but they closed now (they never had anything as interesting as what you found). Big congrats on your models! I think once you start collecting it only gets worse! (or better?) Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Gosh ! There are also copies of Mojo models Shocked

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 am

Saarlooswolfhound... It's getting worst, mate! I have two more models coming in the mail. lol!

Are you serious, Sus!? Wow! Shocked Is this even legal for them to do such a thing, I wonder.

cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 pm

You're right, Ana! Horses are gregarious creatures by nature, so I couldn't let him suffer... So I got him a buddy. Wink

This is my favourite breed of horses; a Friesian. I fell in love with the breed many moons ago, when I saw the movie Ladyhawk. Captain Navarre's trusty steed, Goliath, stole my heart.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Hubby is worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubby is worried   Hubby is worried Empty

Back to top Go down

Hubby is worried
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: