Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem.................. Very Happy Give your suggestion for the SUY of February :Click here Very Happy

Share | 

Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 am

Panini is an Italian editorial company known for his albuns with stickers.
In 1992, they launched an album with stickers sold with small plastic prehistoric figures. This series was also released in different years and countries.
I noticed in several boards that it is not always easy to identify which ones are Panini because these moulds were exaustively used for several companies and maybe also copied.
I contacted several collectors, mainly tose that bought them with the Panini stickers and I compared the information marked on them with other brand moulds and it is with a good level of certainty that I can afirm that Panini are all consistently marked with China, animal name and a number.
From these sources I also noticed that the same numbers were always used in the same figures.
So, I started asking for pictures to use on TAI and who I've found with several of them? ... Susanne! Laughing
Page on TAI
Now, a big part of them are already pictured and you can see them also below in this post .
Those missing are:

2. Ankylosaurus
9. Protoceratops
11. Parasaurolophus
13. Elasmosaurus
15. Ichthyosaurus
17. Polacanthus
20. Cynognatus
21. Mamuthus
23. Diatryma
(all externally linking to pictures of our DTF friends)

If you have one of these figures, marked with these names and numbers, it is almost surely a Panini and we'd love to have a picture of it to use on TAI.
If you have similar ones but differently marked, sized or painted, it would be also interesting to know. I'll compile as much info as I can to find out what they are. study
If they're just marked China, they are much probably Playspaces and if they have other numbers and are colorful, they are Play Visions study
But that's not the whole story, there is still MECH whose figures I don't know and don't have any idea how they're marked, maybe Simba, Animal Planet and some more.

These figures are likely suplied by the Chinese manufacturer Wing Mau but more manufacturers may be envolved.

Figures already on TAI:

1. Corithosaurus

3. Pteranodon

4. Tyrannosaurus

5. Stegosaurus

6. Camptosaurus

7. Iguanodon

8. Brontosaurus

10. Triceratops

12. Dimetrodon

14. Tylosaurus

16. Palaeonscincus

18. Smilodon

19. Coelodonta

22. Moropus

24. Brachiosaurus

Last edited by Roger on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 am

Great work, Roger cheers

And now I know what brand these little ones are. Numan gave them to me about a year ago, which makes them valuable to me, and knowing what they are makes them even greater Very Happy

I hope you find the rest bounce

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 am

Hello Roger I think I have the Diatryma, but I am not sure if it's panini scratch It's marked ''China, Diatryma'' and number 23 Very Happy i can make a pic if you wish sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks Susanne! Even if these figures indidivually are nothing really special, they surely make a wonderful collection with some unusual species. Also, being gifts from Numaan and considering he treasured them since his youth, make it even more precious. I think it is a good idea that you try to complete it. They're not expensive figures at all and in lots of China figures we get them almost accidentally. Laughing I suspect I have an elasmosaurus but now I'm quite far from my collection to check it. Sad

@TheLastStardust wrote:
Hello Roger I think I have the Diatryma, but I am not sure if it's panini scratch It's marked ''China, Diatryma'' and number 23 Very Happy i can make a pic if you wish sunny

Yes! that's the number Panini gave to the diatryma! You can compare it with this one!
Of course I want a picture please.
If you have the chance of taking it in a similar format of Susanne's, 800x600 px, it would be great and fit perfectly in the wiki gallery. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 pm

@Roger wrote:

@TheLastStardust wrote:

Yes! that's the number Panini gave to the diatryma! You can compare it with this one!
Of course I want a picture please.
If you have the chance of taking it in a similar format of Susanne's, 800x600 px, it would be great and fit perfectly in the wiki gallery. Very Happy

ohh yeah that's the one I have, too! cheers Right now my camera is charging, but i'll make some as soon as the battery is full again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Okay, all done! Very Happy is this the right size...? I rezised the pixels with paint so i hope it's okay now Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:18 pm

What a cute model cheers

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 pm

That was fast, Nardien! cheers
It is now on TAI and the format is perfect. Very Happy Karin will also provide a picture of her Ichthyosaurus. I am positive we will complete it soon. bounce Very Happy

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 am

I think I have all those in a bulk box I bought at a store... from what I've read I think they're Playspaces though. Simply painted, hard plastic and just marked with China, species and a number. I don't have a neutral photo box but I can try to get some photos if wanted on my next day off.

there were also various wild animals and sea animals. I took group photos, they're in a sales ad I posted.

If you want photos, could I email them to you? Photobucket can be a real butt to deal with lately.

P.S. yes one of the figures is an elasmosaur.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am

@pipsxlch wrote:
I think I have all those in a bulk box I bought at a store... from what I've read I think they're Playspaces though. Simply painted, hard plastic and just marked with China, species and a number. I don't have a neutral photo box but I can try to get some photos if wanted on my next day off.

there were also various wild animals and sea animals. I took group photos, they're in a sales ad I posted.

If you want photos, could I email them to you? Photobucket can be a real butt to deal with lately.

P.S. yes one of the figures is an elasmosaur.

Very, very interesting! It is really important to get all information possible from these figures you've got and maybe all my theories need to be redefined. study
If you found them in a bulk box in a store, they're not Panini but Playspaces as you suggested. It doesn't remove their interest in any way.
The information Tim provided about Playspaces figures show some differences with the corresponding Panini.
Playspaces are just marked CHINA while Panini are marked CHINA, animal name and a number.
Playspaces have a monoclonius, a maiasaura and a velociraptor. None of these can be found on original Panini series.
Instead of these, we can find a Ichthyosaurus, an Ankylosaurus and a Coelodonta.
Though, it may all be wrong or these series suffered variations along the years according with what dinomania demands.
Yes, yes, please, send pictures and all info possible to my e-mail and I'll share everything here.
My e-mail is rogerio504@gmail.com

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:28 pm

I have all dinosaurs of this serie. Are 24.

I will take photos.

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Panini group of dinosaurs:

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

@landrover wrote:

I have all dinosaurs of this serie. Are 24.

I will take photos.

Your collection is a constant urprise! cheers
If you want to photograph them all it is fine but if you want to photograph only these missing it is also good.
Please just confirm that the numbers here provided match exactly your figure and do you know how your figures were marketed? :)

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Smile

I will take individual pictures with names and numbers

of the 24 figures.

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 pm

1 to 6:

Number 1      corythosaurus

Number 2              ankylosaurus

Number 3         pteranodon

Number 4               tyrannosaurus

Number 5       stegosaurus

Number 6      camptosaurus

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm

7 to 12

Number 7          iguanodon

Number 8   brontosaurus

Number 9    protoceratops

Number 10    triceratops

Number 11    parasaurolophus

Number 12      dimetrodon

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Smile

13 to 18:

Number 13:  elasmosaurus

Number 14:   tylosaurus

Number 15:     ichthyosaurus

Number 16 :    palaeoscincus

Number 17:  polacanthus

Number 18:  smilodon

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 pm

That is the Ichthy Very Happy cheers
Well, I suppose I do not have to take a photo of it anymore Laughing

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Smile

19 to 24:

Number 19:  coelodonta

Number 20:  cynognathus

Number 21: mammuthus

Number 22:   moropus

Number 23:   diatryma

Number 24:   brachiosaurus

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Fantastic Fernando! cheers
Now, there is a gallery with your Panini series on TAI! cheers I still need to complete the pages of each figure.Very Happy
I am so happy that numbering is consistent among several collectors. Now, I just need to find if it hasn't changed in more recent editions. The same for Playspaces. study

@NightLioness wrote:
That is the Ichthy Very Happy cheers
Well, I suppose I do not have to take a photo of it anymore Laughing

Laughing Laughing Yes, it was fast here, much easier than with the Play Visions dinos that is still needing to be completed. Your Ichty is not needing a photo session anymore. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!    

Back to top Go down

Asking pictures of Panini dinos and related!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1