Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I found a woodie!

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
sortepletter
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 3:57 am

I stopped at a thrift store a town over that recently started selling the toys it gets, and spotted a Breyer in the toy box! I'd found Breyers here in the past, it's in an older (by local measure- '60s-70s) somewhat distressed part of town with a lot of been-there-for-decades older residents, and doesn't usually price things outrageously like Goodwill often does. It has dark coloring on the contact surfaces of its hooves and few rubs; maybe it was originally glued on a lamp?

Some lady tried to take him from me, but I wasn't letting go! Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And his tiny Stablemate-sized knockoff brother found at a flea market last weekend (made by Nylint)-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Same dealer had a Paddock Pals QH mare, I have the foal maybe he'll still have it next time I can get there.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:04 am

That is a beautiful wooden horse and an interesting find. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 5:51 am

Phantastic find - I can really imagine you fighting for it. I would have done the same for this rare beauty. And the little brother is too cute
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 8:47 am

Two beauties ! What lucky finds cheers

Laughing Laughing I can just imagine you clinging on to your horse, while a nasty woman tries to force him from your hands affraid lol!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:42 am

congrats :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Congrats :)

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Congratulations! I picked up a woodgrain fighter not too long ago Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:27 pm

What is a Woodie? Is it any special Breyer series of Breyer horses made of wood? Are these in scale like other Breyer horses? scratch Sorry, I am so ignorant with Breyer. geek

LeeAnn

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 1:04 am

Roger wrote:
What is a Woodie? Is it any special Breyer series of Breyer horses made of wood? Are these in scale like other Breyer horses? scratch Sorry, I am so ignorant with Breyer. geek

Woodie is in reference to woodgrain Wink It's still made of the cellulose acetate of the regular Breyers but just painted in a way that replicates a woodgrain pattern, making the model appear as if it's carved out of wood. Most of the woodies date back to the 60's but there are a handful of modern woodgrains, such as Mu Wen Ma and Cyprus for example. They are indeed made by Breyer but are considered decorators since they're painted in unrealistic colors. Other decos include wedgewood, silver charm, silver filagree, gold charm, gold filagree, and more... modern decos even have designs painted on them, like Romance or Luna.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 11:16 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Roger wrote:

Woodie is in reference to woodgrain Wink It's still made of the cellulose acetate of the regular Breyers but just painted in a way that replicates a woodgrain pattern, making the model appear as if it's carved out of wood. Most of the woodies date back to the 60's but there are a handful of modern woodgrains, such as Mu Wen Ma and Cyprus for example. They are indeed made by Breyer but are considered decorators since they're painted in unrealistic colors. Other decos include wedgewood, silver charm, silver filagree, gold charm, gold filagree, and more... modern decos even have designs painted on them, like Romance or Luna.

Extraordinary explanation LeeAnn! It is great to have a Breyer expert as you are on forum! cheers

LeeAnn

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! EmptyTue May 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Laughing I still don't consider myself an expert (especially on the vintage models), but thank you! Wink

I found  a woodie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I found a woodie!   I found  a woodie! Empty

Back to top Go down

I found a woodie!
Page 1 of 1