Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1346

PostSubject: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

I would like:

Serval or Caracal

Spotted Civet

Fossa


Last edited by Schleichzoo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Puma
Caracal
Asian Golden Cat

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Rio

avatar

Country/State : South Wales, UK
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-05-07
Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Ocelot

Caracal

Serval
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2813

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:40 pm

1. Puma
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Clouded leopard
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. Caracal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Sergey on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

avatar

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Puma
Ocelot
Caracal
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
m.davis.15

avatar

Country/State : Scotland
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-06-20
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Caracal

Serval

Clouded Leopard
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

avatar

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1055

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Clouded Leopard
Ocelot
Caracal




_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
remrock02



Age : 57
Joined : 2010-04-07
Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Sand Cat
Ocelot
Puma
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20986

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Sorry Numaan, this is not a pool so I think my choices can be these:
First let me say that this beautiful animal is really almost extinct, is the big cat species more endangered of extinction in the world and probabily I will never see a modern brand make it!
1. Male pardel lynx;
2 female pardel lynx
3 Pardel lynx baby

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3562

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 pm


Ocelot

Clouded Leopard

Serval

________________ Luc
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Serval
Caracal
King cheetah

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
pm64

avatar

Country/State : Firenze,Italy
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-09-27
Posts : 473

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 am


OCELOT

SERVAL

PALLA'S CAT
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:05 am

Caracal

Puma

european wildcat
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5412

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 am

Ocelot

Caracal

Serval

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Shardur

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 33
Joined : 2011-01-17
Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 am

Caracal
Clouded Leopard
or one of the smaller cat species in a nicely arranged group (a family or so)
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 24584

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 am


Margay
Asian Gold Cat
Fishing Cat
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Clouded leopard
Caracal
Palla's cat (I love their grumpy faces Wink )

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1405

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry Numaan, this is not a pool so I think my choices can be these:
First let me say that this beautiful animal is really almost extinct, is the big cat species more endangered of extinction in the world and probabily I will never see a modern brand make it!
1. Male pardel lynx;
2 female pardel lynx
3 Pardel lynx baby

I have to argue with the most endangered cat in the world, but maybe it is a technicality, the amur leopard has only about 30 (28 by last count) living individuals left in the world, and the Florida panther has only 26 living ones left. While both of these are considered subspecies, the pardel lynx was just recently elevated to full species status and there are 84 known wild individuals and 143 in captive breeding programs. Species and subspecies are very well defined and one of the most important requirements is the separation of breeding populations, and both the amur leopard and FL panther are not only separated but can be visually told apart. The amur leopard has a much thicker coat with distinct spotting pattern, and the FL panther is a much smaller and more slender cat compared to the rest of the population.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very beautiful and extremely endangered animal, the other two are in much greater risk of being lost and they are distinct enough to be told apart. To me it is the same as a quaaga, they are extinct, but in reality they are just a subspecies of the common plains zebra which is the most numerous zebra species in the world.

As to my choices, I think I would choose
Jagaurundi
ocelot
leopard cat
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20986

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry Numaan, this is not a pool so I think my choices can be these:
First let me say that this beautiful animal is really almost extinct, is the big cat species more endangered of extinction in the world and probabily I will never see a modern brand make it!
1. Male pardel lynx;
2 female pardel lynx
3 Pardel lynx baby

I have to argue with the most endangered cat in the world, but maybe it is a technicality, the amur leopard has only about 30 (28 by last count) living individuals left in the world, and the Florida panther has only 26 living ones left. While both of these are considered subspecies, the pardel lynx was just recently elevated to full species status and there are 84 known wild individuals and 143 in captive breeding programs. Species and subspecies are very well defined and one of the most important requirements is the separation of breeding populations, and both the amur leopard and FL panther are not only separated but can be visually told apart. The amur leopard has a much thicker coat with distinct spotting pattern, and the FL panther is a much smaller and more slender cat compared to the rest of the population.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very beautiful and extremely endangered animal, the other two are in much greater risk of being lost and they are distinct enough to be told apart. To me it is the same as a quaaga, they are extinct, but in reality they are just a subspecies of the common plains zebra which is the most numerous zebra species in the world.

As to my choices, I think I would choose
Jagaurundi
ocelot
leopard cat

Unfortunately some creatures are desapearing and we can count how many are! Anyway I don't know why he called it big cat, sometimes we writte without thinking, I meant feline! Fortunately you understood it! :)
And I know that some friends of us have some figures of pardel lynxes!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1405

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unfortunately some creatures are desapearing and we can count how many are! Anyway I don't know why he called it big cat, sometimes we writte without thinking, I meant feline! Fortunately you understood it! :)
And I know that some friends of us have some figures of pardel lynxes!

Sad but very true, my problem is the way it is reported and by whom. Take for instance the tomato horn worm, an ugly pest that eats tomatoes and pepper plants but has no value as far as a fund raiser is concerned. The animal will be extinct unless action is taken because they eat a valuable food for humans but there is no outcry over them. Then look at the baby harp seal, they are not endangered but people hunt them and there are all sorts of protests and interference with the hunts. Consider this, do we want to save the whales? I say "YES!!!" Well, you can't save the whales and stop the harp seal hunts, so take your pick. Here is why, and this is all humans fault but the facts remain so you have to make a choice. Harp seals eat, among other things, shrimp and krill (the whales main food) and when humans hunted the whale population down to almost nothing the krill population exploded. The harp seals reproduce much faster then whales and with the abundant food source the population grew to match the new food availability. The krill and seal population stabilized and the krill population was now enough to feed the new, greater numbers of seals and the fewer, smaller population of whales. To bring back the whales you have to increase the population of krill and not only lower the population of seals but stop the population from growing. Makes sense but try to tell that to the people who protest and boycott fir for coats and clothes.

There are so many examples of animals that are on the brink that most of us don't ever hear about because like the tomato horn worm they have no "cute" factor. The lynx deserves our protection and a place on the planet, it is just sad that we destroy so much in the hunt for resources and space, along with the fact that the cat has such a beautiful coat that we want to wear it.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are so many examples of animals that are on the brink that most of us don't ever hear about because like the tomato horn worm they have no "cute" factor. The lynx deserves our protection and a place on the planet, it is just sad that we destroy so much in the hunt for resources and space, along with the fact that the cat has such a beautiful coat that we want to wear it.

Very well said and I totally agree with you. I find it so heartbreaking to hear of animals going extinct for no reason other than due to man. If it is natural selection then so be it but we should protect all creatures great and small.....things like this frustrate me about humanity but that is another debate!

I have some books on recently extinct animals and birds and whenever I leaf through them I find it incredibly sad.......
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 am

Clouded leopard, snow leopard and an ocelot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats   

Back to top Go down
 
CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» CollectA Suggestion: Carnivores - Wild cats
» Wild cats fact sheets and many pics
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» New CollectA horse models for 2016
» CATS Musical

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: