Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lynxes comparison

Go down 
+2
widukind
cre8tivesoul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:33 am

Well... I've just received my Mojo Iberian lynx and I'm a wee bit puzzled. What is the scale ratio for this cat? Here he is, compared to the Safari bobcat, Canadian lynx and CollectA Eurasian lynx.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He looks a bit on the small size in my opinion, but then again, judging by the photo below, they are slightly bigger than a house cat. Here's a photo of Antonio Banderas next to one of these endangered treasures.

I dunno... Maybe it's because the head is a bit smallish compared to the other three.  scratch Opinions anyone?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 8:26 am

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 9:08 am

Yes ! Very interesting Shocked

The thing is that none of the big brands make any models to any scale. As far as I know there is/was only Britains and Noah's Pals Very Happy
Also intheresting to see how Mojo-pus has by far the most realistic size of head Laughing

cre8tivesoul wrote:
Ohhhh! Which one is more handsome drunken Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:03 am

Susanne is right! Almost none of modern companies makes animals in scale to each other, I think Southland Replicas attempts to do that with their fantastic Australian mammals (they chose 1:15 scale if I remember right) but most companies just ignore the scale and do "whatever" size. Also, agree about the head, the Mojo one has the most realistic head-body size ratio from that lot. Smile

And I think all 4 will look fantastic with a new paintwork from you! Very Happy Cause you're going to repaint them, aren't you? Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
cre8tivesoul

cre8tivesoul

Country/State : Australia

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Ana wrote:
Susanne is right! Almost none of modern companies makes animals in scale to each other, I think Southland Replicas attempts to do that with their fantastic Australian mammals (they chose 1:15 scale if I remember right) but most companies just ignore the scale and do "whatever" size. Also, agree about the head, the Mojo one has the most realistic head-body size ratio from that lot. Smile

And I think all 4 will look fantastic with a new paintwork from you! Very Happy Cause you're going to repaint them, aren't you? Wink
 Of course, I am!!!  Very Happy

Check out This info page. Scroll down to the medium size cats. It seems the Iberian lynx is way heftier than the Canadian lynx, and I think the reason that particular figurine appears bigger is because these northern beauties are just all fluff! Very Happy Iberian lynx are much slimmer (warmer climate, less fur.) It's all good! 

I'm amazed at how BIG the Eurasian lynx is (nearly twice the weight of the Canadian one.)  Shocked

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyThu May 04, 2017 11:01 pm

That is a truely great page !!!! cheers

Last year Mgarat mde the most fabulous flock of to-scale cats, but unforyunately his pictures are gon in the topic he made here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sad

However, fortunately you can see them on his blog cheers

See for instance the lynxes on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you scroll almost to the bottom cat cat cat cat

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyFri May 05, 2017 2:27 am

Mgarat have complete information to this topic study study study study

Thanks Susanne for the link. sunny

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyFri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

cre8tivesoul wrote:
Ana wrote:

Of course, I am!!!  Very Happy

Yay! I'm sure they will look fabulous with new paint works! Very Happy

cre8tivesoul wrote:
Check out This info page. Scroll down to the medium size cats. It seems the Iberian lynx is way heftier than the Canadian lynx, and I think the reason that particular figurine appears bigger is because these northern beauties are just all fluff! Very Happy Iberian lynx are much slimmer (warmer climate, less fur.) It's all good! 

I'm amazed at how BIG the Eurasian lynx is (nearly twice the weight of the Canadian one.)  Shocked

Thank you for the link, very interesting Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm

If I remember correctly, the Safari Canada Lynx and Bobcat are approximately 1:12 scale. The Mojo Iberian Lynx and the CollectA Eurasian Lynx are both approximately 1:15 scale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

Lynxes comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynxes comparison   Lynxes comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Lynxes comparison
Page 1 of 1