Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10

Go down 
+2
widukind
trovalsa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 Empty
PostSubject: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Finally, I have new models! I was going through animal figure withdrawal, without any to keep me company here in the UK.  lol!  lol!
This past Tuesday we had an event at the yard, with 40 people in attendance, so everything had to be organised, spotless and in its right place. On the day we were supposed to do that, one of the grooms didn't show up! So I had to work for two people, caring for the horses while cleaning tack, carting 40 chairs across the arena, scrubbing stall doors, de-cobwebing, sweeping up, pressure washing things... It was a mad rush so I really felt like I needed a reward  Laughing

I had a hard time choosing which horse I wanted, between Snowman, Cortes C and SBH Phoenix. I really like the Othello mold, and have wanted one for years, but the white streaks on Phoenix's mane really put me off. I also love Cortes C but the Carrick mold's legs are all different sizes!... But he has such a cute face and Thoroughbred-y look that I might just look past that and get him some day. I'd already met the Idocus mold in person, as a friend of mine had him, so I decided to just go for it and get this fleabitten beauty Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now I see why people complain about grey Breyers. He is plain, really really plain, with no shading whatsoever - there is a touch of grey on his face, but that is all. Comparing with the Breyer Snowman from 2005, you can see how truly plain he is. He has "Snowman" written on his belly, but I forgot to take a picture of it!

Still, despite this, I am very pleased with him. I took him outside for photos - the garden looks lovely with all the flowers in bloom - but it's so windy that I was afraid he would tip over, so I didn't take many.

Other than the tiniest bit of overspray on his hoof, he has no flaws. His colour also makes that very easy to repair if I ever feel like it. I might just re-paint his eyes and darken the shading on his face, just to give it a little bit of depth, but we will see.

I love this model's face, even if it is slightly lopsided! It is very kind and honest. He has a very Sport Horse-y look, with clean, solid legs and a level back. His mane and tail are neatly pulled and trimmed, and he has definitely been groomed to perfection, ready for a show. Very Happy

I have named him Utopia. I also ordered a rug for him so he can be warm and cosy, now that the weather is turning sour! I plan to add new straps, though, as the velcro closures are bulky and unrealistic.

And two more ponies jumped into the shopping cart before I could stop them. Laughing I got one of the Mini Whinnies surprise. These come in closed bags so you don't know what you're getting until you open them! It was very surprising, indeed, to see that I ended up with two fleabitten greys in the same parcel. lol!

I have named him Tulip.

A Stablemate came along, too, a red roan mustang with a blaze.

He is beautiful, so much detail on such a small model!! drunken

I have named him Twister, and already took him to the yard so he could explore. Very Happy

Now I am torn; I would like to get another model before I leave, but I truly can't decide which one! I had my mind set on Fantasia del C, but after seeing how plain these greys are, I'm not so sure. I also like the Irish Draught from the Best of British collection. Decisions, decisions... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.

Last edited by trovalsa on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Congratulations Tom

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Arrrhw !!! I sit here with open mouth !!! Surprised
Those photos with the white horse, the gorgeous flowers and the most awesome view almost to the end of the world !!! cheers

Your three new models are all very beautyful. Very Happy
I have never seen Tulip before, - such a stron, little horse pulling a heavy load !!!
Is she a Stablemate model ?

I am also the happy owner of the mustang, I adore that model, - so full of life and fun, - and a great colour Applause

Utopia is stunning !!! Personally I do not like shading. The shading must come from the sculpture IMHO.
But his colour is TOO white !
As Koats says again and again, there is no pure, completely white fur in nature.
Well, that is details, - I think he is beautyful cheers

Laughing Laughing I can imagine you cleaning everything like an angry tornado, throwing dirt and muck around, scrubbing, brooming, dusting with one hand , pressure-rinsing with the other, and mumbling abuse lol!

Thankyou for the lovely pictures again, and congratulations with your new model-friends flower

trovalsa

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptySat May 06, 2017 6:57 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulations Tom

Thank you! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrrhw !!! I sit here with open mouth !!! Surprised
Those photos with the white horse, the gorgeous flowers and the most awesome view almost to the end of the world !!! cheers

Your three new models are all very beautyful. Very Happy
I have never seen Tulip before, - such a stron, little horse pulling a heavy load !!!
Is she a Stablemate model ?

I am also the happy owner of the mustang, I adore that model, - so full of life and fun, - and a great colour Applause

Utopia is stunning !!! Personally I do not like shading. The shading must come from the sculpture  IMHO.
But his colour is TOO white !
As Koats says again and again, there is no pure, completely white fur in nature.
Well, that is details, - I think he is beautyful  cheers

Laughing  Laughing I can imagine you cleaning everything like an angry tornado, throwing dirt and muck around, scrubbing, brooming, dusting with one hand , pressure-rinsing with the other, and mumbling abuse  lol!

Thankyou for the lovely pictures again, and congratulations with your new model-friends  flower

It is a beautiful view! At home, I don't have a garden, only a balcony, so I wanted to take advantage of this beautiful one! I'll have to take more pictures on a less windy day... Laughing

Tulip is a Mini Whinnie! They're very tiny! They used to be sold in sets but now are only sold individually in the blind bags. Here he is with Utopia:

I agree that shading should come from the model, but even real horses have subtle colour differences in their coat, some bits darker and some lighter. I would be much happier if this boy had the slightest cream tint, or even something closer to a pearly colour, the plain white plastic colour is just a bit boring!

It wasn't too far from that... Laughing There was definitely a lot of rushing around and half-cleaned stuff. But the day was a success and that's all that matters!!

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptySat May 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Great horses! I also love the names and stories behind them. Even though Utopia may look plain, his color still seems like an accurate representation of many grey horses I've seen. BTW, I also love your guinea pig icon. It's very cute and funny!

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 3:52 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Great horses!  I also love the names and stories behind them.  Even though Utopia may look plain, his color still seems like an accurate representation of many grey horses I've seen.  BTW, I also love your guinea pig icon.  It's very cute and funny!

Thank you! And the guinea pig is my dearest boy, Barney. Sadly he passed away a few months ago, but he was very sweet.

Back to top Go down
trovalsa

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm

I got a few more models while in the UK, but didn't get around to taking their pictures until now. And yes - I did bring all these Breyer horses back in my suitcase! It was a miracle none of them got broken, though I packed them very carefully between my clothes.

I'd wanted Banjo for a while - after I got my first Breyer in Christmas 2008, I circled his picture in my catalogue, only to discover that he'd been retired the year after. I don't know why I fell in love with this model - compared to other Breyers, he's very ordinary, not showing any flashy paces nor painted on a shiny new mold. Maybe that is exactly why - he's got a very calm, kind look about him.

I found him for sale on Ebay, and quickly bid on him - and was very happy to win the auction! He's obviously second-hand, and has a few rubs, but I might repair him someday. They don't bother me too much, though.

Valentine & Heartbreaker - because Eberl models are beautiful, and apparently I have a thing for bays. Valentine has the sweetest, tiniest snip, and Heartbreaker is so delicate and has such a pretty face  drunken

I got Frankel because he was cheap - for some reason they're really cheap in the UK, and you can get one for less than  £15. But he's a really pretty model, too, with lots of movement and a really nice, deep colour.

Close to Easter, Copperfox Model Horses put up a contest of sorts on their Facebook - all you had to do was comment on the post, and you could win a Marble model, in the Connemara pony mold. Well, imagine my surprise when my name was drawn as the winner!! Very Happy

This is a lovely model, with beautiful shading and a lot of detail. Their masking could use a bit of improvement - there are places where the markings fade, where the paint was too thick and bubbled, or where the markings end abruptly and unnaturally. But it doesn't detract from his overall beauty, and for such a young company, CF are creating really good pieces.

The eyes are particularly detailed.

The documents in his box (COA, catalogue, and a photo of the model) came wrapped with a green ribbon, and a suggestion to make it into a headcollar, which I did. This sort of olive green really suits him.

These four, I got from Maja-Maus, along with the guinea pig. :) I still love the old Schleich horses, and these were missing from my collection. I'm still not sure whether I will paint them or not, even though they have some scuffs - I will think about it when my painting muse comes back, heh.

And, not exactly a model, but I got this little ceramic guinea pig at the Royal Highland Show in Edinburgh, here shown next to the Schleich GP. It was so cute that I couldn't resist, and my friends weren't exactly helpful, telling me to buy it!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Great newcomers and very nice photos! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:33 pm

WOW !!! You wond the Copperfox Model Horses competition, - and what a wonderful, beautyful model that is cheers

I also love the Breyers you have chosen, - and those Schleich horses are from the good, old days, what Schleich horses were horses and not cute ponies Very Happy Applause

So now you are no longer a horse groom in UK ? I bet they miss you Wink
Fantastic that all your Breyers made the trip to portugal safe and sound Applause Applause

Thankyou for sharing all those wonderful pictures Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Beautiful additions, congratulations! cheers I like Copperfox horses a lot! Smile Valentine, and Heartbreaker are always wonderful! Applause Great deal on Frankel too, it's a very good model Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
trovalsa

trovalsa

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats

75senta75 wrote:
Great newcomers and very nice photos! cheers

Thank you! I love you I love you

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!! You wond the Copperfox Model Horses competition, - and what a wonderful, beautyful model that is cheers

I also love the Breyers you have chosen, - and those Schleich horses are from the good, old days, what Schleich horses were horses and not cute ponies Very Happy Applause

So now you are no longer a horse groom in UK ? I bet they miss you Wink
Fantastic that all your Breyers made the trip to portugal safe and sound Applause Applause

Thankyou for sharing all those wonderful pictures Very Happy

Thank you, dear Susanne! :) I was very happy, and very surprised, to win the competition! These horses are quite pricey, so I already knew it was unlikely I would ever buy one. So I'm very thankful I got this chance!

Yes, I love the older Schleich horses, they were much sweeter, and have such good conformation! It's obvious that the old sculptor really knew how they moved.

I was in the UK only for three months on an internship, and had to come back to finish my college degree, which I finished a week ago! Now I'm just taking care of some medical things but I'm planning to move back permanently after that. I really love England, and I have so many friends there.

Ana wrote:
Beautiful additions, congratulations! cheers I like Copperfox horses a lot! Smile Valentine, and Heartbreaker are always wonderful! Applause Great deal on Frankel too, it's a very good model Smile

Thank you! I was surprised with how nice Marble is, I'd heard so many awful things about CF models!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10   Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom's new additions - 2017 - updated 20/10
Page 1 of 1