Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Choose Mojo 2012 collectors figure...
Asian black bear (Ursus thibetanus)
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
bongo (Tragelaphus eurycerus)
9%
 9% [ 5 ]
Clouded leopard (Neofelis nebulosa)
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Gaur (Bos gaurus)
20%
 20% [ 11 ]
Honey badger (Mellivora capensis)
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Red river hog (Potamochoerus porcus)
7%
 7% [ 4 ]
Sable antelope (Hippotragus niger)
30%
 30% [ 17 ]
Serval (Leptailurus serval)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
siamang gibbon (Symphalangus syndactylus)
9%
 9% [ 5 ]
Sun bear (Ursus malayanus)
5%
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 56
 

AuthorMessage
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:01 pm

sorry for my ignorance Robert but i haven't had time to actually look up the relative size of the Gaur to say a bull
Back to top Go down
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Another Idea would be to make it relative scale to the Tiger, this would be an asian diorama so could be separate to african?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Egbert wrote:
Another Idea would be to make it relative scale to the Tiger, this would be an asian diorama so could be separate to african?
Welcome to the forum Egbert Very Happy I see you're from the UK too.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14837

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Egbert wrote:
Its just a suggestion, but say this was possible?
Also if the Gaur was made in scale to a farm range would the size be more or less that of a Hereford Bull?
You never know who is reading the posts
pirat

A male gaur reach 170 to 220cm at shoulders... So the size is far bigger than a 150cm Hereford bull I guess

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Egbert wrote:
Another Idea would be to make it relative scale to the Tiger, this would be an asian diorama so could be separate to african?
I don't have tigers here, but the principle is the same. They would have to make gaur smaller than Asian elephant and with that - it's already too small

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello Harriet, nice to meet you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Correct me if i am wrong but i think Papo and Mojo Tigers are bigger than Schleichs.
The average height of a Bengal Tiger is 90cm so if the Gaur stood twice as tall at 180cm then he would be say the size of schleich Fresian cow? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 pm

elephants are difficult to make in scale, by virtue of their size.
If you made the elephant in scale to everything then the meerkat would be around 1-1.5cm high.
I think you have to find a balance between size and scale, making it in scale to say the Papo Tiger would at least give a good size model and at a reasonable price?
Back to top Go down
Egbert

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 49
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm

ok its nice to meet everyone! Very Happy
TTFN Sleep
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Egbert wrote:
Correct me if i am wrong but i think Papo and Mojo Tigers are bigger than Schleichs
I don't know about Mojo tigers
BTW welcome Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Egbert wrote:

If you made the elephant in scale to everything then the meerkat would be around 1-1.5cm high.
But making elephant larger wouldn't hurt, don't you agree? Very Happy
It would contribute in much more variety in sizes

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 pm

The scale of a toy animal has to be considered for it's principal consumer, is that the child who wants to play with it or the parent who has to pay for it? Most likely it is a combination of both. If the elephant is in scale with the rest of the figures the cost would be prohibitive. In scale the African elephant would be 15 inches long (14.75 cm) and probably cost $22 to $40 USD (based on Wildlife Wonders which is 12 inches long and Schleich new release which is an Asian war elephant that is a larger then their wildlife Asian elephant but still not to scale). At that price would parents buy one for their child?

Lets say they make a scale gaur, how popular will it be? If everyone on this site buys two that would be about 600 sold. That isn't bad, but could they make money on a figure that only sells that many copies? if the cost is $15 USD how many here would purchase 1 or 2? I would not buy one, not because of price but because I have a two males being custom made right now, and compared to Ana's figures there is no toy brand that comes close, so I'm out no matter what figure they produce. But still I would not have certain figures custom made because they are not going on the model. That is what I based my 3 choices and my vote on, a figure that I really want but not for the diorama, just to have in my collection. All of these thoughts I have are from a point of view that combines selling with collecting. Collectors are a small portion of the sales, but they are willing to spend the most money per item.

My choice was the siamang gibbon, but I hope the sable wins. Not only is that an impressive animal, it could be a very popular figure and it would end this debate as far as MOJO is concerned. Still the debate will go on for all of the brands when it comes to large animals, I hope there is a day when there are rhinos, hippos, and elephants in scale available for my display shelf.

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Philter4 wrote:
In scale the African elephant would be 15 inches long (14.75 cm)

Shocked
You mean 38cm? :-)

Philter4 wrote:
My choice was the siamang gibbon, but I hope the sable wins. Not only is that an impressive animal, it could be a very popular figure and it would end this debate as far as MOJO is concerned.
Agreed, all we need is to suggest our wanted animal which would also satisfy financial argument for producing it. Everybody's a winner

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Philter4 wrote:
In scale the African elephant would be 15 inches long (14.75 cm)

Shocked
You mean 38cm? :-)
Your right Robert, 14.75 is the exact size in inches, I rounded up to 15, the figure would be 38 cm.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

That would be one reeeealy heavy guy Shocked

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Welcome to our forum Egbert!cheers
First of all I love your name, I don't know why?!?! drunken
I hope you have a chance to vote in this poll and participate in future range of the Mojo Fun!Very Happy Wink

Phil, Aggree completly with you, choose a figure only because looks nice is not enough, we need to think in something good for us and for the brand because if the winner is successful I don't have any doubt that the brand will ask us for more! cheers Very Happy

Robert, don't hurt our new member because eggs are very fragile! Wink pale
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 am

Shardur wrote:
I've found this great picture of a gaur bull:


Sorry Sardur but this sable antelope doesn't look very impressed with your gaur!


Back to top Go down
nyarlahotep



Country/State : kentucky
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-31
Posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 am

Sable antelope, please.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:44 am

nyarlahotep wrote:
Sable antelope, please.

Thanks for voting! Now this figure will have something from you too!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 am

Roger wrote:

Robert, don't hurt our new member because eggs are very fragile! Wink pale
We're just having constructive conversation Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 am

Voted, finally Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Voted, finally Very Happy
What did you vote for? Very Happy

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 am

Indian gaur Wink Laughing

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
ze_neto

avatar

Country/State : Brasil
Age : 42
Joined : 2011-02-05
Posts : 321

PostSubject: Tough call   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 am

How can we choose among such beautiful animals? I voted for red river hog, but frankly I'd love to see them all on my display! lol

_________________
Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Indian gaur Wink Laughing
Laughing

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

ze_neto wrote:
How can we choose among such beautiful animals? I voted for red river hog, but frankly I'd love to see them all on my display! lol

All of these figures are available from different brands, most are fairly easy to get. Up until a few months ago I had every species on the list except gaur (which were made by both Britians and PlayVision) and even now I have 7 here and the gaur is being made so I'll have 8 of them. The two I don't have are the Asian black bear (made by Kaiyodo/ChocoQ) and the honey badger (Made by PlayVision and 1 or 2 others). I had so many figures I was not ever going to use that I traded/sold most of my figures away in the last few months and now only buy species that I really want in my collection or custom made figures for the diorama.

Here is the list with a few of the brands that make them: Please forgive me, sometimes I get Playvision and K&M confused, but where listed they are made by one or the other.
Asian black bear...Kaiyodo
Bongo...Kaiyodo, K&M
Clouded leopard...Kaiyodo, PlayVision
Gaur...Britians, K&M
Honey badger...PlayVision
Red River hog...
Sable...Britians, plus a number of "Made in China" figures
Serval...PlayVision, Colorata, K&M
Siamang gibbon...AAA, Marx
Sun bear... Colorata

I am sure some of these figures are made by other brands as well, but these are the most likely brands to find, even though PlayVision and K&M are by no means common.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 pm

...We have here (in the "customs models" part) some custom models of gaur (by Berlinzoo954 ???) and red river hog (by Yurumi)

gaur (Berlinzoo954)






Red river hog (Yurumi)
















Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

...And one more customs models of animals our top from the Forum members...

Serval (berlinzoo954)



Clouded leopard (Arrakai)










Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Zé Neto and Robert for voting! cheers Very Happy
I know Robert that you tried to vote in the gaur but the reumatism is not forgiving you anymore!!!Sad rendeer Wink
The votation is almost ended but is, unless, missing my vote!!!! Suspect tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 pm

...And of course the gorgeus bongo antelope from MASTER Ana! cheers






_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26255

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Thank you Phil for the informations.

The Clouded Leopard is also produceed by Wild Republic (Big Cats), the Asian Black Bear too and the Red River Hog by K&M. The Asian Black Bear is also produceed by Noahs Plas and Colorata (Bears and Dogs). And i think, a Bongo is also produceed by PlayVisions, but i am not sure.
I have the Bongo and the Red River Hog in stock for a trade!!


Philter4 wrote:
ze_neto wrote:
How can we choose among such beautiful animals? I voted for red river hog, but frankly I'd love to see them all on my display! lol

All of these figures are available from different brands, most are fairly easy to get. Up until a few months ago I had every species on the list except gaur (which were made by both Britians and PlayVision) and even now I have 7 here and the gaur is being made so I'll have 8 of them. The two I don't have are the Asian black bear (made by Kaiyodo/ChocoQ) and the honey badger (Made by PlayVision and 1 or 2 others). I had so many figures I was not ever going to use that I traded/sold most of my figures away in the last few months and now only buy species that I really want in my collection or custom made figures for the diorama.

Here is the list with a few of the brands that make them: Please forgive me, sometimes I get Playvision and K&M confused, but where listed they are made by one or the other.
Asian black bear...Kaiyodo
Bongo...Kaiyodo, K&M
Clouded leopard...Kaiyodo, PlayVision
Gaur...Britians, K&M
Honey badger...PlayVision
Red River hog...
Sable...Britians, plus a number of "Made in China" figures
Serval...PlayVision, Colorata, K&M
Siamang gibbon...AAA, Marx
Sun bear... Colorata

I am sure some of these figures are made by other brands as well, but these are the most likely brands to find, even though PlayVision and K&M are by no means common.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Danny's (Berlinzoo954) custom made animals are in 1:12 scale I think, so they're pretty big.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Roger wrote:

The votation is almost ended but is, unless, missing my vote!!!! Suspect tongue Very Happy
Suspect

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Yes Harriet, Danny's figures are in 1:12, and the gaur is huge! Ana is making mine in the same scale as all of my figures, 1:22 so when it is finished there will probably be one of the best gaur figures available at that point. She will post photos when it is ready, I have seen some of the first one which is almost done and like all of her sculptures I am pretty much speechless at the sight of the photos.




Last edited by Philter4 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Philter4 wrote:
Yes Harriet, Danny's figures are in 1:12, and the gaur is huge! Ana is making mine in the same scale as all of my figures, 1:22 so when it is finished there will probably be one of the best gaur figures available at that point. She will post photos when it is ready, I have seen some of the first one which is almost done and like all of her sculptures I am pretty much speechless at the sight of the photos.


Can't wait to see them Phil!
Ana, will you be making moulds from these or just from one?

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm

...The scale of Yurumi,s red river hog for example... Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:45 am

Today is the last day of votation!!!
Let's see who will win that hard race?!?!?!?!
And which of these beauties will be in our collections as our choice???? Suspect

Back to top Go down
Kristie

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2915

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:41 am

GO GAUR!!!!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:44 am

I wouldn't mind if they copy animal from Roger's picture Very Happy cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:25 am

c'mon siamang! you will win!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:40 am

Abu Rai wrote:
c'mon siamang! you will win!!! lol!
Photo finish will decide Laughing

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Come on serval!!! Sleep cat Sleep cat drunken

Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1361

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Sergey wrote:
...We have here (in the "customs models" part) some custom models of gaur (by Berlinzoo954 ???) and red river hog (by Yurumi)

gaur (Berlinzoo954)


My goodness that Gaur is fantastic....who made this? Did Berlinzoo make it or was it made for him? same for the river hog.

If the new gaur is made I hope it is in a strong and handsome pose with its head held high like in some of the pictures that have been posted...
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Sergey wrote:
...We have here (in the "customs models" part) some custom models of gaur (by Berlinzoo954 ???) and red river hog (by Yurumi)

gaur (Berlinzoo954)


My goodness that Gaur is fantastic....who made this? Did Berlinzoo make it or was it made for him? same for the river hog.

If the new gaur is made I hope it is in a strong and handsome pose with its head held high like in some of the pictures that have been posted...

...Yes Numaan, gaur was made by Danny (Berlinzoo954). He is the old member our forum! Maybe Mojo will buy gaur,s sculpture from Danny and sculpture red river hog from from Yurumi? Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

The gaur was made by a Japanese sculptor who does a lot of Danny's figures. He commissions several sculptors to do all of his figures and plants.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Philter4 wrote:
Yes Harriet, Danny's figures are in 1:12, and the gaur is huge! Ana is making mine in the same scale as all of my figures, 1:22 so when it is finished there will probably be one of the best gaur figures available at that point. She will post photos when it is ready, I have seen some of the first one which is almost done and like all of her sculptures I am pretty much speechless at the sight of the photos.


Can't wait to see them Phil!
Ana, will you be making moulds from these or just from one?

Harriet I will make mold of the gaur when it's ready. IT's very little part still missing but my box with Magic Sculpt clay is empty and I have to wait when the postman will bring me new one. I'm so impatient I want to finish my animals and see them ready!!! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 pm

ana wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Philter4 wrote:
Yes Harriet, Danny's figures are in 1:12, and the gaur is huge! Ana is making mine in the same scale as all of my figures, 1:22 so when it is finished there will probably be one of the best gaur figures available at that point. She will post photos when it is ready, I have seen some of the first one which is almost done and like all of her sculptures I am pretty much speechless at the sight of the photos.


Can't wait to see them Phil!
Ana, will you be making moulds from these or just from one?

Harriet I will make mold of the gaur when it's ready. IT's very little part still missing but my box with Magic Sculpt clay is empty and I have to wait when the postman will bring me new one. I'm so impatient I want to finish my animals and see them ready!!! Very Happy Laughing
Oh right! Come on postman!

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21821

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:


Oh right! Come on postman!

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Laughing
he's not riding fast enough

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 pm

flat tyre Wink

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mojo 2012 collectors figure - Final poll!!!
» The STS 2014 Dog Animal Figure Final Poll: Papo Siberian Husky
» The STS 2015 Dog Figure Final Poll - German Shepherd Puppy
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» Mojo 2012 WOLVERINE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: