Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos Empty
PostSubject: Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos   Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 am

I was lucky enough to win the 3 day Kruger Adventure Safari and returned last week. What a spectacular adventure filled with aw-inspiring views. During our morning and afternoon game drives, we saw many different species of wildlife from giraffe to kudu to hippo. Our night game drive showed us the nocturnal spring hare, genet and a family of rhinos, plus so much more. It proved that animals are always alert. During safari, we saw a carcass of a cape buffalo with two male lions hanging around digesting while vultures perched in near by trees waiting their turn. It was incredible. A major highlight was witnessing a mother cheetah chasing a lioness away as she defended her two young cubs. We wished the best for the cheetah family. The food was fantastic and special thanks to Stephen for cooking it. The lodge was perfect for the bush setting, rustic and charming. Each night and morning a bush buck would present itself behind my room and feed on the scrubs. The weather was perfect; chilly brisk morning and warm 80 degree afternoons with plenty of sun. The other safari goers that joined me for my time were fantastic people, a family of 6 who "adopted" me. Our expert guide Gert was notorious at spotting wildlife that we would of missed ourselves. He was very knowledgeable about he birds and mammals we came to see. He identified each one. He was a great guide with a sense of humor. I want to thank Verity for answering my many email questions I sent to her before my journey to Africa. She helped prepare me as to what I needed and made me feel very welcomed!

The trip was fantastic altogether and I looked forward to it so much that I extended it another day so I could soak in as much as I could. Even the air in Africa has a unique smell to it; one I will not forget. The safari was a once in a lifetime experience, however, I hope to experience it again during my lifetime!

Here are some photos I took with my phone but have many more on my camera.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos   Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:15 am

What a phantastic trip and wonderful pics :) !! And great stuff for the SUY animals that you have seen in real :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos   Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 am

WOW ! WOW ! And more double-WOW !!! affraid

This is completely fantastic ! Holy Hamster affraid

What an experience for you cheers

Thankyou for sharing these wonderful pictures. To see your photos somehow makes these animals more "real" then seing them on TV Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos   Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Sometimes it really worth to be alive! Shocked That's surely an unforgetable experience that you'll never forget during all your life. Those experiences you narrated were surely exciting and it is nice that you used the chance to use all your senses to experience wild Africa. Many thanks for gifting us with these great pictures, some are really spectacular and put us crazy to be there too. Very Happy
Curious the strip pattern of one of the zebras. Quite unique, I guess! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos   Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Kruger National Park, South Africa--safari photos
Page 1 of 1