Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

I started with repainting - Schleich horses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maja-Maus

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:16 pm

I started with repainting a few days ago.

The first model is the older andalusian mare from Schleich. I am hornest, this is a difficult model to start with, but I didn't think about it before. I will take some time I finished her, the shading is still missing at all.
But here are the first pics of her:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 pm

She looks good so far. Can't wait wait to see the progress.

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Great colour cheers

I so totally agree ! One has to try it to realise how darned difficult it is to repaint a model tongue Laughing

But you are doing really well !
Especially I notice the socks and the hooves Applause

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

It look nice already.
I can say, if you want to make it ''prepped'' with white you can better buy a spray paint with.
Not make it white with your brush , it will not be as smooth as a spray paint.
But for the color already GREAT choice and i look nice.

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Updated pics from andalusian mare "Maja" :)

Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:38 pm

my andalusian mare "Maja" is almost ready :)

Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm

And my appaloosa mare wants to become a pinto mare someday :)

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 am

That is very nice, the colors suits here!
Watch for the amount of water on you brush before getting paint on the brush, if there is very much water the paint will finn out a lot and will be lighter on the horse, and if there is little tot non water it wil be darker. Just a little advice Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

More models i am working on :)

Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:49 pm

@Dum_my wrote:
Watch for the amount of water on you brush before getting paint on the brush, if there is very much water the paint will finn out a lot and will be lighter on the horse, and if there is little tot non water it wil be darker. Just a little advice Very Happy

Thanks for the advice :)

But the problem is the colour, it just doesn't cover really good. I think I have to spend some money in better colour someday :) i have to paint 3-4 times before the colour covers.
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:48 pm

@Maja-Maus wrote:
@Dum_my wrote:

Thanks for the advice :)

But the problem is the colour, it just doesn't cover really good. I think I have to spend some money in better colour someday :) i have to paint 3-4 times before the colour covers.

maybe that wil help ! :)
It could also be that the white u use reject the other paint.. then it will be maybe woth it to try another prep white.

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am

The next models are ready :) gray horses made of frisian stallion and foal :) Pics will follow soon. I think this time I will sell them. i can't keep every repaint, even because of lots of other figures are still packed in boxes, because I don't have much space Sad
Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Now my gray horse stallion and foal are ready :) I decided to sell them, because I don't have space for them... but i love them anyway <3

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Very nice! Very Happy

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Good job!
Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks everyone. They are already reserved Sad i will miss them Very Happy Some kind of funny, that those repaints mean so much to me. But it is impossible, that I keep them all, although I love them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I started with repainting - Schleich horses   

Back to top Go down

I started with repainting - Schleich horses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1