Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Going Downhill?

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
widukind
Takama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PNSO Going Downhill? Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 7:06 am

OK Im just going to post the original qhote from the DTF as it explains everything better then i can do

Quote :

An outraged former staff of PNSO came up with more leaks of Zhao Chuang's models which were finished in 2015 this morning..
He also said that PNSO has been in serious trouble for a long time, and these models may be suspended forever.

The story is:
"PNSO changed its management team last year, who focus more on capital returns instead of model quality.
The new head of the company also carried out a purge of more than half of the original employees, leaving the rest in complaint (explains PNSO's sudden disappearance from Amazon)
In the end, Zhao Chuang, the key player of the team, is *said* to have left PNSO knowing his models won't be produced as he desired (the demonic looking Wilson & Doyle, and so many bundle parts like booklet, deluxe box, stamps which are more profitable, and which on the contrary should have been used to improve the quality of the models).

In the future, either PNSO will continue to produce these models if Zhao Chuang returns, or Zhao Chuang will find a new partner to produce his models at his own will."

Told by the outraged former employee

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In the last picture the second one from the top is the original sculpture, others are mass produced models.

Now i have no idea if this will affect the Mondern Animals as well. But it explains why these products have become a pain for us to optain lately.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Beautyful models, but very sad news What a Face

barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 am

I'm sorry to hear that they've gone downhill. I really love these models, especially the Spinosaurus and Ichthyosaurus. It had seemed to me that they had difficulty figuring out consistent pricing and selling venues for a while now.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

If it happens, I think the big loss goes to collectors of prehistoric animals that love them in big size. I think the huge sauropods, were wonderful to use in dioramas together with many other figures from best known companies. The wildlife was not half as nice. I hope they find a way, PNSO was doing something really different occupying an interesting niche of the market. Thanks for sharing the information with us. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Bad story. Even the smallest PNSO models were very nice.
Back to top Go down
MilkyMoo027

MilkyMoo027

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:16 pm

Sorry, I can't see the images. I was going to buy a collection of PNSO figures but now I am worried if it won't be one pictured and just a bad make? Sad

Back to top Go down
https://milkymooabtme.carrd.co
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 pm

MilkyMoo027 wrote:
Sorry, I can't see the images. I was going to buy a collection of PNSO figures but now I am worried if it won't be one pictured and just a bad make? Sad

It is an old topic, a lot has happened meanwhile and people is acquiring PNSO figures and I've been watching video reviews and the quality of the PNSO models is irreprochable.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Going Downhill?   PNSO Going Downhill? Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Going Downhill?
Page 1 of 1