Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Am I weird?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 am

Whenever I receive a package with new animals I like to take my time opening it. I like to be all alone with nothing to disturb me, taking them out one by one and really study them and appreciate the moment.
I ordered a HUGE package from Spielzeug günstig - it arrived SIX weeks ago and I still haven't opened it! Because of summer vaccation my family are always around, I never have a moment to myself, so I haven't found the time yet. Now two days ago I received yet another BIG box of animals that I bought from someone here on the forum, and now both of these treasures are just standing there waiting for me to open them and enjoy them. I may have to wait until school and kindergarden starts!  Very Happy
Am I totally weird? I thought that if anyone could understand, it would be here on the forum!  Wink

This is what I have to look forward to:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:21 pm

WOW !!!! Unopened boxes full of goodies affraid cheers

I am sure I would not have the wilpower to wait , - but weird. No, no, - at least not more than many other of us collectors , for sure Laughing

I understand very well that you want to have a lot of time and peace to enjoy your new treasures !!!
But I am weird in another way : I also want to take models out of the box one by one. Slowly, preferably to stretch the joy over several days and enjoy each one for a long time.
So I take out one or two, and enjoy them. And then one more. Two more. And before half an hour I have all of them standing on the table, I don't know how it happens  Suspect  scratch  cheers

We are all different, thanks goodness Very Happy
My mother told that when she was a child, if she and her older sister got a piece of chocolate, Mom would eat hers immediately, while her sister would keep it for a looooong time !!
I can imagine how the little girl hated her sister, who still had chocolate What a Face Laughing

PS : What a wonderful photo. Do you live in a real Norwegian wooden house ? Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm

It is not weird to savor the moment. :)

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 pm

Razz Razz Razz

Yes, Susanne, I live in a wooden house, right by a lake, quite idyllic actually. Here is a picture of the view from my house the other morning:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 pm

HOLY HAMSTER !!!! That is the dream of Nowegian beautyful nature drunken WOW !!! cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Actually, I do the same thing!
I have no children and a boyfriend who helps me collect.
So most of the time, I open the package right up when it arrives.
I do take my time! Open every single animal with care and time to study them.

So, you are not the only one doing this.
But indeed, I also would not have the patience to wait! O.0 XD

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 am

I don't think you're weird, I would say, it is the best to open package when you really have a time for enjoying the content Smile I sometimes wait a little bit too with opening boxes, but usually not longer than until evening of the same day Very Happy
But what I think is REALLY incredible is the view of your lake, WOW!!! It is breathtaking! cheers cheers You live in a wooden house right by the lake aka paradise Very Happy

http://www.horseandbird.com
Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you, my friends! Luckily I am a patient person! I sometimes do what Susanne descipes too, that I take out the figures one by one, sometimes I can stretch it out over days or weeks. That way I can get something new very often and also I get to know each animal better if I get them one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   

Back to top Go down

Am I weird?
Page 1 of 1