Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Am I weird?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 am

Whenever I receive a package with new animals I like to take my time opening it. I like to be all alone with nothing to disturb me, taking them out one by one and really study them and appreciate the moment.
I ordered a HUGE package from Spielzeug günstig - it arrived SIX weeks ago and I still haven't opened it! Because of summer vaccation my family are always around, I never have a moment to myself, so I haven't found the time yet. Now two days ago I received yet another BIG box of animals that I bought from someone here on the forum, and now both of these treasures are just standing there waiting for me to open them and enjoy them. I may have to wait until school and kindergarden starts!  Very Happy
Am I totally weird? I thought that if anyone could understand, it would be here on the forum!  Wink

This is what I have to look forward to:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:21 pm

WOW !!!! Unopened boxes full of goodies affraid cheers

I am sure I would not have the wilpower to wait , - but weird. No, no, - at least not more than many other of us collectors , for sure Laughing

I understand very well that you want to have a lot of time and peace to enjoy your new treasures !!!
But I am weird in another way : I also want to take models out of the box one by one. Slowly, preferably to stretch the joy over several days and enjoy each one for a long time.
So I take out one or two, and enjoy them. And then one more. Two more. And before half an hour I have all of them standing on the table, I don't know how it happens  Suspect  scratch  cheers

We are all different, thanks goodness Very Happy
My mother told that when she was a child, if she and her older sister got a piece of chocolate, Mom would eat hers immediately, while her sister would keep it for a looooong time !!
I can imagine how the little girl hated her sister, who still had chocolate What a Face Laughing

PS : What a wonderful photo. Do you live in a real Norwegian wooden house ? Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm

It is not weird to savor the moment. :)

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 pm

Razz Razz Razz

Yes, Susanne, I live in a wooden house, right by a lake, quite idyllic actually. Here is a picture of the view from my house the other morning:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 pm

HOLY HAMSTER !!!! That is the dream of Nowegian beautyful nature drunken WOW !!! cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Actually, I do the same thing!
I have no children and a boyfriend who helps me collect.
So most of the time, I open the package right up when it arrives.
I do take my time! Open every single animal with care and time to study them.

So, you are not the only one doing this.
But indeed, I also would not have the patience to wait! O.0 XD

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 am

I don't think you're weird, I would say, it is the best to open package when you really have a time for enjoying the content Smile I sometimes wait a little bit too with opening boxes, but usually not longer than until evening of the same day Very Happy
But what I think is REALLY incredible is the view of your lake, WOW!!! It is breathtaking! cheers cheers You live in a wooden house right by the lake aka paradise Very Happy

http://www.horseandbird.com
Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you, my friends! Luckily I am a patient person! I sometimes do what Susanne descipes too, that I take out the figures one by one, sometimes I can stretch it out over days or weeks. That way I can get something new very often and also I get to know each animal better if I get them one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I weird?   

Back to top Go down

Am I weird?
Page 1 of 1