Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

My equine-additions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: My equine-additions    Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm going to use the free time I have now in August to show you my new additions.

First, let's start for the last parcel. They arrived today! I'm getting quite addicted to a second-hand app I found. If you are a patient person, you really find good treasures and very good prices (because the sellers don't use to be collectors, just parents who want to sell all the toys Laughing )

I really bought these group because I was after this schleich model for a looooong time ago!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By far, this is my favorite schleich special model and I think the paint it's better than the regular buckskin.

As I have to pay the shipping costs, I bought some other new horses for my collection. As this white rearing up old papo model. As you can see, the figurine isn't in the best condition - but I don't care.

Here, with the newest model - black and white!

All my rearing up horses (except the Chinese schleich model, who is still in the box) From left to right - blip toy, collecta, papo (x2) and schleich (x3)

And now my Safari Ltd. acquisitions. For me, this is a brand hard to find -so I'm very happy with these additions. First, one of the very first models of safari: the clydesdale horse. Although he is an old model, he also has a lot of good details.

More heavy horses. Now time for Jutland heavy! I like this model, for me it's also better than the Winner's Circle line. The plastic is hard, and the model is well done, maybe the horse hasn't got so many details. He reminds me the old schleich models.

An other old model: the hannoverian horse. He, as also the Jutland horse, isn't in the Winners Circle Collection.

And now, my Winner's Circle line additions. First, the andalusian. I think the idea is good: andalusian horse doing piaffe. But, in a technical way, the position of the horse doesn't look good. It's like if the horse has pain in his back.

And also the figurine reminds me the dressage safari model a lot. But Dancing With Bells is in better position, more relaxing movement.

Finally, the lipizzan stallion. The plastic (at least the legs plastic) isn't so good, so the horse can't stand up without help

I hope you like the pictures, more additions will come in few days

Thank you!

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

I've forgot one model - feeling a bit shaming! Embarassed

This old and charming Papo horse ^^

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Such a joy to scroll down and discover one old beauty after the other cheers

It warms my heart to see how the old Papos, - rearing one and the dear Boulonnais gelding have found a new, loving home with you I love you
The Boulonnais is even the really old one with caramel-coloured hooves Very Happy

And the old Safari horses : Full of charm and personality cheers

The picture with the rearing horses, - how absolutely wonderful Applause Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Thank you Susanne, you are very kind :) I also love the old models, maybe they aren't as good as the new ones, but I think they have a lot of charming!

By the way, I sent you a PM few weeks ago, I don't know if you received it
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Congratulations :)

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:54 am

This jewel arrived at home few weeks ago, but I didn't have enough time to take some good pictures.

The model is a Breyer traditional figurine, inspired in Mistral Hojris, a dressage horse. Mistral Hojris won the gold team medal and the bronze individual medal in London'12.

I think the model was made for Salinero, but it fits well with Mistral Hojris.

The horse is in piaffe. The legs are quite up, which means a good an energetic piaffe, but the expression is quiet, as a good dressage horse!

PD: I have opened a new post in breyer section about this model with more pictures and info :)

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Nice addition :)

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:33 am

I have spent part of my holidays putting all the horses I want in my search list. One day, I received a message from castlerrig telling me they have two safari horses.

Today, they have arrived at home. After eating a bit of hay and playing with other horses, it's time to take pictures of them!

They are quite old Safari models (the belly says 1997) and I have to admit I'm impressed for the quality of the figurines. I think neither Schleich or Papo did better horses in 1997. The models are elegant and thin, with a lot of details. Proportions are well calculated. Maybe the paint will be better, but in general they are a "Must it" in every horse collection!.

First, the chestnut one

Now, the black horse

And both together

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 am

Congratulations! First, it is always great when we have news from Sue and Lesley! flower flower
These old Safari horses, were almost unknown for most of us, not long ago, fortunately, we could list [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI with the help of the company and the precious pictures of Susanne's collection. cat
We knew only that some old horses existed, from their Farm series but we had no idea that they were so many and so nice. Very Happy It is good to know that you are one more member appreciating these less known but rare figures. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:47 am

Thank you Rogerio! I didn't know there are more models to discover. Now, I feel like Indiana Jones and I have to find all of them pirat
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Very nice ^^

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 am

Dum_my wrote:
Very nice ^^

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 am

I bought these two models last Monday, but I was a bit busy since that.

They are the two last models to complete my schleich regular collection, so I'm very happy with them.

First, the ardennais foal. I love that known brands as Schleich create heavy horses figurines. They aren't as popular as the warmbloods and sometimes it isn't the best idea make a model that kids won't like it. But I was a bit disappointed with the stallion - I don't like it. Enormous curves and no realistic model. But the foal looks like different.

And I also bought the no-new Tinker. I didn't buy before because I don't like re-paintings made as regular horses. And also I'm a bit tired of Tinkers. They are beautiful but, listen animal replica companies: WE HAVE ENOUGH!

Anyway, I think this coat is better than the other one. And maybe this horse isn't the best in my collection, but, at least, isn't also the worst.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:25 pm

cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:29 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content