Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My equine-additions

Go down 
+4
widukind
Songbird
Dum_my
SUSANNE
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

My equine-additions  Empty
PostSubject: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm going to use the free time I have now in August to show you my new additions.

First, let's start for the last parcel. They arrived today! I'm getting quite addicted to a second-hand app I found. If you are a patient person, you really find good treasures and very good prices (because the sellers don't use to be collectors, just parents who want to sell all the toys Laughing )

I really bought these group because I was after this schleich model for a looooong time ago!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By far, this is my favorite schleich special model and I think the paint it's better than the regular buckskin.

As I have to pay the shipping costs, I bought some other new horses for my collection. As this white rearing up old papo model. As you can see, the figurine isn't in the best condition - but I don't care.

Here, with the newest model - black and white!

All my rearing up horses (except the Chinese schleich model, who is still in the box) From left to right - blip toy, collecta, papo (x2) and schleich (x3)

And now my Safari Ltd. acquisitions. For me, this is a brand hard to find -so I'm very happy with these additions. First, one of the very first models of safari: the clydesdale horse. Although he is an old model, he also has a lot of good details.

More heavy horses. Now time for Jutland heavy! I like this model, for me it's also better than the Winner's Circle line. The plastic is hard, and the model is well done, maybe the horse hasn't got so many details. He reminds me the old schleich models.

An other old model: the hannoverian horse. He, as also the Jutland horse, isn't in the Winners Circle Collection.

And now, my Winner's Circle line additions. First, the andalusian. I think the idea is good: andalusian horse doing piaffe. But, in a technical way, the position of the horse doesn't look good. It's like if the horse has pain in his back.

And also the figurine reminds me the dressage safari model a lot. But Dancing With Bells is in better position, more relaxing movement.

Finally, the lipizzan stallion. The plastic (at least the legs plastic) isn't so good, so the horse can't stand up without help

I hope you like the pictures, more additions will come in few days

Thank you!

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

I've forgot one model - feeling a bit shaming! Embarassed

This old and charming Papo horse ^^

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Such a joy to scroll down and discover one old beauty after the other cheers

It warms my heart to see how the old Papos, - rearing one and the dear Boulonnais gelding have found a new, loving home with you I love you
The Boulonnais is even the really old one with caramel-coloured hooves Very Happy

And the old Safari horses : Full of charm and personality cheers

The picture with the rearing horses, - how absolutely wonderful Applause Very Happy

Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Thank you Susanne, you are very kind :) I also love the old models, maybe they aren't as good as the new ones, but I think they have a lot of charming!

By the way, I sent you a PM few weeks ago, I don't know if you received it
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:54 am

This jewel arrived at home few weeks ago, but I didn't have enough time to take some good pictures.

The model is a Breyer traditional figurine, inspired in Mistral Hojris, a dressage horse. Mistral Hojris won the gold team medal and the bronze individual medal in London'12.

I think the model was made for Salinero, but it fits well with Mistral Hojris.

The horse is in piaffe. The legs are quite up, which means a good an energetic piaffe, but the expression is quiet, as a good dressage horse!

PD: I have opened a new post in breyer section about this model with more pictures and info :)

Last edited by Songbird on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Nice addition :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:33 am

I have spent part of my holidays putting all the horses I want in my search list. One day, I received a message from castlerrig telling me they have two safari horses.

Today, they have arrived at home. After eating a bit of hay and playing with other horses, it's time to take pictures of them!

They are quite old Safari models (the belly says 1997) and I have to admit I'm impressed for the quality of the figurines. I think neither Schleich or Papo did better horses in 1997. The models are elegant and thin, with a lot of details. Proportions are well calculated. Maybe the paint will be better, but in general they are a "Must it" in every horse collection!.

First, the chestnut one

Now, the black horse

And both together

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 am

Congratulations! First, it is always great when we have news from Sue and Lesley! flower flower
These old Safari horses, were almost unknown for most of us, not long ago, fortunately, we could list all of them on TAI with the help of the company and the precious pictures of Susanne's collection. cat
We knew only that some old horses existed, from their Farm series but we had no idea that they were so many and so nice. Very Happy It is good to know that you are one more member appreciating these less known but rare figures. Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:47 am

Thank you Rogerio! I didn't know there are more models to discover. Now, I feel like Indiana Jones and I have to find all of them pirat
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Very nice ^^

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 am

Dum_my wrote:
Very nice ^^

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 am

I bought these two models last Monday, but I was a bit busy since that.

They are the two last models to complete my schleich regular collection, so I'm very happy with them.

First, the ardennais foal. I love that known brands as Schleich create heavy horses figurines. They aren't as popular as the warmbloods and sometimes it isn't the best idea make a model that kids won't like it. But I was a bit disappointed with the stallion - I don't like it. Enormous curves and no realistic model. But the foal looks like different.

And I also bought the no-new Tinker. I didn't buy before because I don't like re-paintings made as regular horses. And also I'm a bit tired of Tinkers. They are beautiful but, listen animal replica companies: WE HAVE ENOUGH!

Anyway, I think this coat is better than the other one. And maybe this horse isn't the best in my collection, but, at least, isn't also the worst.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 12:25 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 12:29 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 pm

I would like to revive this topic because I added some new models for my big (although not-enough-big) family :! Laughing

Fist. I bought in Alibaba this Ravensburger foal. I think is a copy but if it is, it's a really good one. True or not, this little guy is my first Ravensburger horse Applause

I like the figurine. The model is well done and the painting is ok. Maybe isn't a perfect model, but it isn't also the worst. Looks like these old schleichs models which aren't the best but they are fine. The only problems are the legs: too thin. The foal can't stand up for his own. Maybe something was wrong in the shipping (the model arrived with this problem and the baby isn't so protected in the package. And this copy hasn't got the UGLY yellow point (it's painted with the same colour as the foal coat)

A month ago I found in a facebook group a sweet Norwegian girl who was selling a lot of horse models. I bought some of them that you can see below. The first one is this Safari pinto. I think the anatomy of the horse is quite similar as the USA horses (at least, the ones used for western) good muscles, not too tall and small and cute face. Also the model has this "Safari style" which is so recognizable: angular face and maybe a bit small (smaller than other brands) figurine. As you can see in the picture, the painting is great (good details in the head and clean painting in the rest of the body). For me, the only bad point is that the horse looks like he is suffering or something similiar Laughing

The package also included two cute Safari foals. I think the bay one is one of the most popular (with the adult horse) models done by Safari. Figurines are fine: well done, good colour... but maybe, for me, the position isn't very natural for a horse.

I also bought a CollectA horse. I think this one is the fjord model. I know CollectA is selling the models in two different colours and I like this one more. As all CollectA models the horse is just perfect. Painting is also an artwork (yeah, I'm the biggest fan of CollectA horse in the world Laughing ) I'm not a big fan of this type of horses but this model is great (maybe it isn't a good replica, the horse is quite thin and tall)

I bought also some Schleichs models I was looking for. As I have already most of the regular horses, I'm focusing on special editions, different coat models in sets... So, let's see which horses arrived at home from the cold Norway

Here is the Riding set horse. I only bought the animal because I don't like at all Schleich riders, saddles or briddles. I like that Schleich makes new models for sets (and not just re-painting old models) so this one must be in my collection. I think this isn't best Schleich model. The plastic is tough and the anatomy is good but... I don't know. I don't like the face (too long for me) neither the colour (too white, not so many marks or shadows) And here you can see the real model with the copy I bought in Alibaba last summer. Last picture is this copy with the real mold that Chinese used to copy the Schleich one lol!

One of the model(s) I'm most proud to achieve are these two jewels: the Marbacher mare and foal SE. The knabstrupper mare is one of my favourite models ever, so this SE is a totally "must" for me. I would prefer that the foal were also the knappy one, but nothing is perfect in this life... The mark with the M is very well done and the painting, although this is a dark colour, very detailed. Here you can see also the SE with the original coat.

And last but not least, the arabian mare and the foal advent calendar! I hate this arabian mare model, I think this is one of the ugliest models Schleich made and this one also like the first step in the decline of horse models for me (the first where the body, the colour, the position or the breed doesn't matter, you just need a lot of brains to sell the figurine) but I have to admit also that the model wins a lot with this coat. The shadows are pretty well done and the mare looks like less ugly... the foal is better for me, but I don't like this SE; the only difference with the regular model is the marks on the legs.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Maybe some of you remember that I asked for a set of 5 horses I thought they were Breyer but they were also so cheap.

Finally I took the risk to buy them (only 4 were available for this moment) for 30 euro (including shipping costs) and... what a lovely surprise! They were REAL Traditional Breyer models!

This handsome and proud little man is Milton. Milton was a real showjumping horse. The mould was created for Big Ben (an other showjumping horse) so it fits fine to Milton. I love the position, the expression and, specially, the colour. As you can see, this isn't white, is like pearl or shiny white. The poor horse has a broken ear (I thought that these figurines were owned by a child) but, without that, the model is in perfect condition (which isn't always easy with a white figurine)

My second-favourite acquisition has also a broken ear (I should call the vet Laughing ) I think this is an American Saddle model. I think this one has all that a good replica horse must have: proud expression, not-calm-type (his face and his manes have a lot of movement) well proportionate, good painting...

I got also a Pinto model. Maybe this one is a Breyer-type. It doesn't say anything to me: not good but not bad also. As I don't have so many Breyers in my collection, he has a good hole in my family.

The last one was this black horse. I don't like so much: the eyes are too separated, the position isn't so good and the colour is quite homogeneous. But I discovered something wrote in one of his legs: "20th century fox". So I looked for more info and I found this was a Black Beauty replica. At least, I have a famous horse in my shelves!

So that's all for today. I hope I have more time tomorrow to show you more new horses at home :)
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 pm

widukind wrote:
Applause Applause

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 10:57 pm

It is great that you have revived this topic. Very Happy
Although I am not a Breyer expert, I think your last one is a real treasure and you should really feel lucky. Very Happy
The pearl colored horse is extremely beautiful. However, something is intringuing me... which Safari Pinto is that one? scratch

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Thanks Roger!

I think The Safari one is The 154205 Abaco Barb Mare [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 11:35 pm

Songbird wrote:
Thanks Roger!

I think The Safari one is The 154205 Abaco Barb Mare [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, it is! When I tried to find it on TAI I missed the Barb mare. Thanks! Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 am

I strongly understand you, Roger. I'm only collecting horses and I'm focus, at the moment, in the big brands; so my "field" of work is quite small and I'm still feeling lost sometimes I saw a model I don't remember affraid

Anyway, a lot of horses are still waiting to jump to the ring!

I think I've talked few times in the past about a Spanish app called "Wallapop". It is like ebay but still crazier. So, when I have free time, I look for new jewels to my collection. Like a month ago I found one of the schleichs figurines which was in my whislist: the palomino shetland pony. After weeks of (frustrating) tries to contact with the girl, finally this little guy arrived at home.

The model isn't one of my bests. I don't like pony replicas at all but this one, specifically, isn't so good for me. The body is quite fat and small. But this new coat makes the miracle: the colour is just great and I think the pony looks like totally different.

I bought some animals to Maja-Mous too. I want to say thank you to her, because she is really helping me a lot to complete my collection. She is always quick in send the animals and also in answer aaaaaall my messages! cheers

This proud lady arrived at home few months ago. I'm an andalusian horse riders so I'm always happy to see new models of this breed. As this is a breed which I'm familiar with, I'm also a bit strict with the replicas. Schleich didn't bad in the past, but these new models are quite better. I'm still thinking that this mane doesn't help: in Spain, Andalusian mares hasn't got long mane, they live free in the fields so their mane and tail are shaved. But, as I said, I think is a good model. The body is fine and it's quite similar as Andalusian horses (don't forget this breed is a barroque type) The colour for the SE is perfect for me. I know palomino isn't a very popular coat in Andalusians (it was prohibit until 5 or 8 years) but I think that SE have to be VERY different than the originals, adding something that change completely the model. And here, Schleich did. Here you can see the SE mare and the regular one.

In an other purchase, the spotted darley arabian was added to my big family. I bought also the Artist's line foal, but I've just noticed I didn't take pictures of him yesterday Embarassed Embarassed

I'm not a big fan of this model. I know this is one of the oldest mold but the position is a bit strange. Also the face. I have already had the bay one and when I saw Maja Mous was selling this one, I haven't got any doubt. I think the bay coat looks like better. In this model, the spotted doesn't help; marks are quite diffused and, for me, they seem to be dirty than spotted Laughing

I found also one of the trakehner foal editions. I love this little foal. The position is great. Also trakkis is one of my best breeds, so I'm crazy trying to get all the different editions of this one. I prefer this type of coat instead the pinto one. Trakehners are sport horses and I don't think pinto is the best coat for them.

Next one is an other SE. This one is inspired in one of the pinto schleich stallions. The new coat is great (for me, better than the regular one) but it remembers me a lot the quarter horse stallion (same coat and quite similar position) so maybe it wasn't the best option. I think schleich can still pays with the pinto pattern and did, for example, a knabstrupper or a splash.

Now, I'm talking about one of my favourites: the hanoverian stallion edition with shower set. I love the regular model. I think it has the essence of old hanno horses: quite heavy, very strong. I prefer them than the new sporty horses. And this new coat is great. Buckskins always do great and, as I said, I love this totally changes that Schleich something did with SE.

I acquired also the black arabian mare. I'm not going to repeat what I said: I don't like the mold. Anyway, this color is good (I still prefer the bay one) and fits better with her. I'm not a big fan of arabian horses, but I think black is the best coat for them.

An other great buckskin coat: the TW mare. I don't know so much about TWH, but schleich always did great job with them. Maybe this model hasn't got a lot of movement or hasn't a difficult and risky position, but it is well done, good proportions, good colour, amazing eyes...

And my last Maja Mous purchase (at this moment!) the silver dappler icelandic horse. In the past, I spent a lot of time looking for this model with a reasonable prize and it didn't work. But, as I said, Maja Mous is helping me a lot so finally this little man travelled to Spain and found a new home Very Happy
I think the figurine is quite small and thin. Colour is great (I'm still looking for the chestnut version) It hasn't got anything that identify him as a icelandic horse, which maybe I don't like so much (I'm not talking about an other icelandic doing tolt -we have enough- but this breed is very special and Schleich could do a better job)

That's enough for a single post. I'll prepare an other later with last animals :)
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 am

Let's see the final round (spoiled: new horses are coming)

First, I've noticed I've forgot one model I bought to the Norwegian girl I talked about in the first post. This is one of the riders sets schleich did. As I wrote, I like this models because are real different ones (not just repaintings) but I find absurd spend a lot of money in buying the whole set when I'm just looking for the horse, so I'm trying to acquire just the animal.

This model reminds me a lot the curly horse figurine. The position is ok (maybe we have enough schleich horses trotting) and the colour makes a great job getting the model light and personalty.

Last week I found (also in fb groups!) a german girl who was selling some schleich horses. I took these two SE foals: the andalusian and the trakehner. As I said, these are one of my best breeds. I like the bay coat on the andalusian foal. Schleich chose a very lightly and shiny colour. And I'm crazy about chestnuts so this is my favourite trakehner foal edition.

Last month I have to go to Madrid each week for job interviews so I use this time to buy some new models. I acquired two CollectAs and one of the new pintoarabian schleich (I didn't take pictures of this one) As I wrote, CollectA is my favourite brand and I have models I really like so It was very difficult to make my "best" model... but they did! I love these two figurines. I put the Schleich dressage sets in the bay one because the horse is doing piaffe.

I don't have so much to say that you can't see below: great and risky position (except the Schleich lipizzaner stallion, how many horses do we have doing piaffe / passage?) amazing expression, perfect coat with shadows, marks... and look that expression!

And, finally, the GREAT GREAT GREAT gift ludichris1 did to some members in this forum. I want to say a big THANK YOU again! I got some safari models I didn't have (and, for me, it's hard to find this brand as I don't know any shop in Spain where they are selling) one mojo (one brand I appreciate a lot, but I have the same problem as Safari) and this amazing Terra (my first terra!) icelandic horse.

That's all for this time. Next week a parcel with McDonalds horses will arrive, so new pictures are coming Wink
Back to top Go down
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Oh so many lovely models ! Congratulations!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  Empty

Back to top Go down

My equine-additions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next