Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Safari 2018 - updated 13 november

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Ooh the rare grey tabby cat!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Massimo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like that Satyr and the Anzu Wyliei.

But what is that at the Ongole cows belly? Is she a hermaphrodite?  

whatever that structure is, it is apparent on both male and female specimens in online images...

Isn't the thing supposed to be "belly button" on something that remains after umbilical cord is removed? Some cows have it...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
even on some common European breeds: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:20 pm

It's the navel of the cow ..

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks for posting these fantastic new images! Overall, I still feel like they did a wonderful job on some, yet others may need improvements. I love the new paint job on the tabby cat and would be very happy to have her in my collection. The Anzu is truly a masterpiece! It's a shame it's not 1/40 scaled because if it was, I would consider it a must have. I like the personality of their new dragon and satyr as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the Amargasaurus, mainly because the model itself is gigantic (although I do hope the orange Titanosaur will be large, but they're known for being huge whereas Amargasaurus wasn't much bigger than a rhino). It also seems heavily stylized; almost like a Schleich sauropod. I also think the Komodo dragon seems a little too cute with its rounded edges and soft expression. If I recall, didn't they have a better one in the past?

Overall though, these are very worthy efforts with many more hits than misses. I can't wait to see what's next!
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks for posting these fantastic new images!  Overall, I still feel like they did a wonderful job on some, yet others may need improvements.  I love the new paint job on the tabby cat and would be very happy to have her in my collection.  The Anzu is truly a masterpiece!  It's a shame it's not 1/40 scaled because if it was, I would consider it a must have.  I like the personality of their new dragon and satyr as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the Amargasaurus, mainly because the model itself is gigantic (although I do hope the orange Titanosaur will be large, but they're known for being huge whereas Amargasaurus wasn't much bigger than a rhino).  It also seems heavily stylized; almost like a Schleich sauropod.  I also think the Komodo dragon seems a little too cute with its rounded edges and soft expression.  If I recall, didn't they have a better one in the past?

Overall though, these are very worthy efforts with many more hits than misses.  I can't wait to see what's next!  

I can tell you that the Amargasaurus is actually spot-on when it comes to accuracy,and not in any way stylized.It really was that odd looking. Smile
And size wise,it looks like Safari is doing like CollectA when it comes to their prehistoric line.Some are "standard" size (Daeodon,Anzu wyliei)and some are in larger "deluxe" sizes (American Mastodon,Amargasaurus) regardless of the actual sizes of the animals. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:11 am

I see that Carndinal has finally got a seperate release

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 am

OHHHH! I LOVE that frogfish !!! And the Angole cow cheers

And both dinos !!! How great they stopped their "beige-and/or-dark khaki " period Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:53 pm

I like the new presented releases. Prehistoric ones look excellent. The frogfish and cardinal are two very good choices for the Incredible Creatures series. The cow is an excellent addition to the farm series, I am sure all cattle enthusiasts are quite happy. The WW jaguar was expectable . Despite some new versions, most of the animals are new in Safari's range.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Oh wow! I really like that Amargasaurus and Anzu.

I know I am off topic here but Bloodrayne I love your avatar. I have four comical chipmunks living on my property that I feed year round so every time I see your avatar it gives me a chuckle. I have to ask what is its origin, where did you come up with it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 am

Bloodrayne has this picture from this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There i posted this picture as a wish. I want mutants like that. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 am

Bloodrayne has this picture from this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There i posted this picture as a wish. I want mutants like that. Very Happy

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Doug!
You ask, we answer. Laughing

(Thank you for your wonderful figures. I'm a big fan.)

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi Doug!
You ask, we answer. Laughing

(Thank you for your wonderful figures. I'm a big fan.)

Thank you and you are welcome. That picture cracks me up. I know it is supposed to be a squirrel but the head looks more chipmunk to me. If my chipmunks had weapons the way they like to fight over sunflower seeds it would be armageddon in my back yard.
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Quote :
I can tell you that the Amargasaurus is actually spot-on when it comes to accuracy,and not in any way stylized.It really was that odd looking. Smile
And size wise,it looks like Safari is doing like CollectA when it comes to their prehistoric line.Some are "standard" size (Daeodon,Anzu wyliei)and some are in larger "deluxe" sizes (American Mastodon,Amargasaurus) regardless of the actual sizes of the animals.

Thanks for explaining this better. I was thinking stylized more in terms of the skull-like face and the over the top colors. The Schleich Barapasaurus has a similar face. I agree that the accuracy looks good. It could be a decent figure for some, but it's not for me.

Quote :
Thanks.

It's nice to meet you, Doug! I'm very impressed with your sculpts, both past and present. Overall, the prehistoric line is looking fantastic, particularly the mammals and the Anzu.
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:24 pm

It's nice to meet you, Doug!  I'm very impressed with your sculpts, both past and present.  Overall, the prehistoric line is looking fantastic, particularly the mammals and the Anzu.

Thank you, the Anzu isn't mine so far the only ones of mine revealed are the Mastodon, Daeodon, Florida Panther, Muskox, Pygmy Hippo and new version of the WW Jaguar.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 pm

It's nice to meet you, Doug!  I'm very impressed with your sculpts, both past and present.  Overall, the prehistoric line is looking fantastic, particularly the mammals and the Anzu.

Thank you, the Anzu isn't mine so far the only ones of mine revealed are the Mastodon, Daeodon, Florida Panther, Muskox, Pygmy Hippo and new version of the WW Jaguar.

You are one of the Safari sculptors?! Nice!! Very Happy I want to say: thank you so much for these wonderful animals <3
The muskox is surely on my Wish List for next year! Very Happy

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm

You are one of the Safari sculptors?! Nice!! Very Happy I want to say: thank you so much for these wonderful animals <3
The muskox is surely on my Wish List for next year! Very Happy

The mastodon and Daeodon as well !! Thank you Doug !!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 pm

It is wonderful to see Doug commenting here! It is unavoidable to praise and thank his work over these years. However, I know Doug is not wanting our praises but just to keep us informed. One day I hope I have the chance of listing on TAI all figures Doug sculpted. I think it is an interesting information to share with toy animal collectors. study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Doug Watson

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 pm

It is wonderful to see Doug commenting here! It is unavoidable to praise and thank his work over these years. However, I know Doug is not wanting our praises but just to keep us informed. One day I hope I have the chance of listing on TAI all figures Doug sculpted. I think it is an interesting information to share with toy animal collectors. study

Thank you for your comments NightLioness, JamesPanda and Roger.

Roger I could provide that list someday if you want. It is over 200 pieces now.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:16 am

I'd love to have that list, please. I intend to make a little entry about you and your work and add the name of the sculptor on all pages with figures you sculpted. Very Happy
Please send the list, when you have time, to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for your reply. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 am

Nice to meet you here, Doug.
I like Safaris prehistoric, mythology and some animals.

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 am

Nice to meet you here :)

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Nice to meet you and Tupolew Tu-154, I actually feel like I already know you all since I have been reading all your comments on my Safari Ltd pieces for years now, probably since the beginning of the forum. I prefer to read and not comment since as I have mentioned before I don't want to look like I am fishing for praise. I just like to see how the pieces are received and take in any criticism. I prefer not to argue about my pieces, you either like them or you don't but if you have a valid critique I do take it into consideration.
I comment more on the DinosaurToyForum because I have a dinosaur toy collection dating to the 1940s so I comment more on collecting dinosaur toys that I didn't make.
I don't spend a lot of time on forums so I may miss a comment directed at me so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't answer.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Nice to meet you and Tupolew Tu-154, I actually feel like I already know you all since I have been reading all your comments on my Safari Ltd pieces for years now, probably since the beginning of the forum. I prefer to read and not comment since as I have mentioned before I don't want to look like I am fishing for praise. I just like to see how the pieces are received and take in any criticism. I prefer not to argue about my pieces, you either like them or you don't but if you have a valid critique I do take it into consideration.
I comment more on the DinosaurToyForum because I have a dinosaur toy collection dating to the 1940s so I comment more on collecting dinosaur toys that I didn't make.
I don't spend a lot of time on forums so I may miss a comment directed at me so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't answer.

No matter, i know the time problem. But you have a collection with figurines from the 40s?

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:59 pm

No matter, i know the time problem. But you have a collection with figurines from the 40s?

Yes a dinosaur & prehistoric animal figure collection. I started around 2000 buying toys I had in the sixties and that spread to buying all kinds of vintage dinosaur toys until I have some from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, and 90s. I have a thread on the collection section on the DinosaurToyForum but I lost all my images through Photobucket and I am slowly restoring it with Postimage (fingers crossed)

I have some but not that many non-prehistoric toys that I had as a kid and bought back on places like eBay and flea markets, they are animals by Marx, Lido, Auburn from the 50s and 60s.

P.S. As I stated I started collecting in 2000 and I then started my Toy sculpting career shortly after in 2002.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes a dinosaur & prehistoric animal figure collection. I started around 2000 buying toys I had in the sixties and that spread to buying all kinds of vintage dinosaur toys until I have some from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, and 90s. I have a thread on the collection section on the DinosaurToyForum but I lost all my images through Photobucket and I am slowly restoring it with Postimage (fingers crossed)

I have some but not that many non-prehistoric toys that I had as a kid and bought back on places like eBay and flea markets, they are animals by Marx, Lido, Auburn from the 50s and 60s.

P.S. As I stated I started collecting in 2000 and I then started my Toy sculpting career shortly after in 2002.

That's so cool Doug !! Your sculpts have reached many corners of the planet ! In India we may be not more than a handful of collectors but your Prehistoric sculpts are know n to the few of us ! Most of the Ceratopsians you sculpted are classics ! And it's good to know you are now also making extant animals for the Safari collection .

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Thats very interesting

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:39 pm

That's so cool Doug !! Your sculpts have reached many corners of the planet ! In India we may be not more than a handful of collectors but your Prehistoric sculpts are know n to the few of us ! Most of the Ceratopsians you sculpted are classics ! And it's good to know you are now also making extant animals for the Safari collection .

Actually about 90% of my Safari Ltd pieces have been extant animals. When I started in 2002 except for a couple special projects and the first prehistoric mammals most of my pieces were extant. I only did my first piece for the regular WS dinosaur line in 2009. These days I am doing more extinct animals than extant but I always have a few new extant animals.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 am

Actually about 90% of my Safari Ltd pieces have been extant animals. When I started in 2002 except for a couple special projects and the first prehistoric mammals most of my pieces were extant. I only did my first piece for the regular WS dinosaur line in 2009. These days I am doing more extinct animals than extant but I always have a few new extant animals.

90% ! That's something I never knew Doug, the Toy wiki definitely needs a section for Sculpts by Doug Watson ,as Roger suggested ! Brilliant idea by him !! Some collectors would also want to collect figurines made by certain sculptors (very much like a signature collection) and this makes collecting more interesting! Thank god you decided to start sculpting Doug , these different 'toy'miniature species are one of the best ways to preserve our planets treasures ! Thank you once more !

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:12 pm

All well and good, but I can not wait to see pictures of birds, I seem to have seen a raptor in the new collection! Very Happy Cool Cool bounce drunken
Maybe more .... cheers study Wink
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:07 pm

How interesting that they are re-releasing the 2001 tabby cat model in yet another color.

I have the very first 2001 Tabby model (a pale silver tabby) from when I was a kid. It's not in the best shape and I think it needs a good washing but I still love it even years later! This one must also be quite rare since I have NEVER seen it for sale online anywhere...even ebay! I do see the ginger tabby quite a bit tho.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DeviantART: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Instagram: _whitelightning_wolf_
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Nice cat

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Oohh it s beautiful your cat!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Massimo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Nice cat. ^^
When will Safari show us all their news?

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Quote :
I have the very first 2001 Tabby model (a pale silver tabby) from when I was a kid. It's not in the best shape and I think it needs a good washing but I still love it even years later! This one must also be quite rare since I have NEVER seen it for sale online anywhere...even ebay! I do see the ginger tabby quite a bit tho.

Wow, very nice find!  I'm glad they're releasing another grey tabby. I've noticed on their website that the new tabby seems to be priced a lot higher than the older orange one.  I guess this is because he's newer, but it may be a good idea for me to wait until the costs on these go down.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Siamese Cat

Incredible Creatures Flying Frog

Wild Safari Sumatran Rhino

Wild Safari Babirusa

Wild Safari Sealife Sei Whale

Wild Safari North American Wildlife American Bison

Winners Circle Przewalski's Horse

Wild Safari Prehistoric World Uintatherium

Wild Safari Prehistoric World Regaliceratops

Wild Safari Prehistoric World Megacerops

Incredible Creatures Corn Snake

Wild Safari Prehistoric World Ankylosaurus

Last edited by sphyrna18 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:06 pm

The latest releases....
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Ohh they are beautiful!!!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Chad, thanks for sharing these pictures! I am in complete extase... pure delirium.. I don't know what to tell! drunken Shocked
I love absolutely every single piece here presented. From the very beautiful and surprising Sumatran rhino. The spectacular babirusa. The consensual looking Prezwalski, the powerful megaceraops and uintatherium. A sei whale... why not... a lovely owl, a Siamese for Susanne. A imposing bison, etc. I know CollectA is now getting our atention with their new releases but Safari is showing a prodigious group of releases for 2018. Where can I find money and room enough to get everything? affraid

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Just seen their website and am astounded with the Sumatran Rhino , Sei Whale !!! All are brilliant in this batch !! Magnifico drunken

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Safari ltd. sure is giving me some very interesting candidates for my To Buy List.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Very very interesting pics. There are some Safari ltd models that I absolutely must have.
the Babirusa looks so cool.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Next must have is the Sei whale, sumatran rhino and the little squid. The snake is nice but i am sure not the right size. Also interesting is the babirussa and przwalski horse :)

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 pm

That Tinker, woah, so handsome. I do like the Siamese, but the eyes are a bit off. The Sumatran rhino will move in eventually too and the Uinthaterium and the chicken too.

Papo: 24
Safari: 41
Mojo fun: 11
Playmobil: 70
Other: 89
~
schleich count: 691
~
Total: 1005

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
Caspian

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:04 pm

The Sumatran rhino is a must-have for me. I also like the Przewalski horse. So many good models for 2018...
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Safari did a great job this year, a lot of new species that were completely unexpexcted. The Babirusa is definitley the best of its kind you can find at the moment, but I'm not really happy with its legs.
And the Sumatran Rhino is absolutely wonderful! cheers It's nice to see that this species, that was for such a long time on my wishlist, has been made! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:27 pm

To anyone who cares about these things (like me),
on the Safari ltd. website the chicken is labeled as: Ameraucana Chicken.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Should it be a reef squid in mini?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

I revisited the batch of releases and the figure I am most excited with is defintely the Sumatran rhinoceros. I think our favorites always tell something about our collecting personality. Wink
I'd love the babirusa to be another species but it is the same species of CollectA's, Sulawesi Babirusa. Though, babirusas are always very welcome. Very Happy

To anyone who cares about these things (like me),
on the Safari ltd. website the chicken is labeled as: Ameraucana Chicken.

Yes, and I find it fantastic that even chickens are made up to the breed level. We are really living a glorious era in this hobby. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - updated 13 november   

Back to top Go down

Safari 2018 - updated 13 november
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next