Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 20:44

Walk-around of the Scorpion by Papo, Wild Animals, new for 2016. A species is not assigned to the figure but it appears to be an Androctonus sp., probably A. australis (Linnaeus, 1758).

This is the second arthropod by Papo this year, a new realm for them, the other being the previously-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Papo is off to a GREAT start with these two, and if they continue to add arthropod figures, then I am sure I'll be investing in more Papo. These rival CollectA for non-Japanese, major companies.

The figure and its tail (metastoma) are harder plastic, the pincers (pedipalps) and legs are a little softer (but not as soft as the wolf spider's legs). The figure is hard to measure, but the body (minus appendages) from the head to where the tail starts to raise is 45 mm. This should make it slightly larger than 1:1 or thereabouts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017 - 18:18

Looks like real :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017 - 19:24

I love it cheers Thanks for the great pics!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptyMon 16 Oct 2017 - 10:38

We still don't know what Papo will release in 2018. It won't take too long to be revealed. I have no idea if they are releasing more arthropods but I own and I was really positively impressed with the European wolf spider. Anytime I see pictures of the scorpion, I get equally impressed and I must see this figure in real. Your pictures show how detailed this figure is. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptyMon 16 Oct 2017 - 21:39

Great walkaround of a great model cheers

Thankyou for determining the species.
I found it in Wikipedia, and it surely does look exactly like the Androctonus australis, - which, funny enough - is not at all from Australia lol!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) EmptyFri 24 Nov 2017 - 13:51

SUSANNE wrote:
Great walkaround of a great model cheers

Thankyou for determining the species.
I found it in Wikipedia, and it surely does look exactly like the Androctonus australis, - which, funny enough - is not at all from Australia lol!

The term 'australis' refers to the south, and this species is distributed in southern Palearctic, from where it was initially described.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)   Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals) Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion (Papo - Wild Animals)
Page 1 of 1