Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) Empty
PostSubject: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Walk-around of a treehopper, gen. sp. by New Ray (1995). I have yet to attribute it to a specific species. I won this on eBay. It was among a lot of about 10 or so toy bugs (and one dinosaur). Most of the figures in the lot were garbage but when I saw a treehopper I had to have it. I didn't know who made it, when, or how big it would turnout to be (but based on other figures in the pic, I had a rough idea of the size). It turned out to be by New Ray. I am not too familiar with this brand, but I have a cicada and firefly from them as well (both courtesy of stargatedalek via a trade a year or two ago)

Treehoppers are rare as figures. Play Visions did one for their Exotic Insects set (that was rereleased as a 'transluscent' figure). There is one on Shapeways, that I also have (and painted to look like Umbonia crassicornis--see last image)

The figure is 45 mm long and 30 mm high (not including appendages). I cannot really calculate a scale without knowing which species it represents. The color is nice and natural, with variations in hues and color. The surface is textured with small bumps (which on the actual animal would probably be depressed punctures). The eyes are detailed but the mouthparts are not in the form of a hemipteran beak.

Overall a real treasure for someone like me! On to the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 'Umbonia' family:
1. Play Visions
2. New Ray
3. Shapeways

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 am

Nice figurine

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 8:57 am

A really great find cheers
So you actually have THREE treehoppers Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am

Probably the most interesting among these we know from New-Ray. You probably already know, once you're in touch with Beatrice. All we know from that series, is in this page - showing 8 different figures. study

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Thankyou for the link, Roger Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)   walkaround: treehopper (New Ray) Empty

Back to top Go down

walkaround: treehopper (New Ray)
Page 1 of 1