Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 pm

hey all,

This is my first walk-around, and it's for the castor bean tick, Ixodes ricinus (Linnaeus, 1758) by 3B Scientific out of Germany.

This is an amazing figure and is VERY accurate, even down to the inverted U-shaped anal groove that defines genus (along with having long mouthparts, no eyes, and no festoons).

This is a European species. Members of the genus are vectors of Borrelia burgorferi (Lyme disease), Babesia spp. (babesiosis), and Anaplasma phagocytophila (human anaplasmosis].

My new favorite figure :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3B products are made in Germany but their distributor is here in Georgia [where I lived at the time of the original pst]. The US National Tick Collection is in Statesboro, GA (coincidence? LOL).
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Sorry, this should have been placed in the subcategory of Unclassified Reviews and Walkarounds. Please feel free to move it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm

This brand is in my hometown :)

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Blaine, be careful that this tick won't feed on your blood. Putting that huge tick on your hand like that could be very Dangerous for you.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Impressive animal and impressive model too Shocked

What scale is it?

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 am

I should say it is a unknown figure to me but not... actually I am very familiar with it! Laughing
It is again amazing the diversity of creatures we can find replicated. The size is also impressive. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I should say it is a unknown figure to me but not... actually I am very familiar with it! Laughing
It is again amazing the diversity of creatures we can find replicated. The size is also impressive. Very Happy

We're ALL familiar with it: it's his avatar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

I was referring to it in a subtle way but, as always, you are very observant. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:20 am

Uhh, I HATE those little b****s !! Suspect

But is is a wonderful model ! Thankyou for a great walkaround cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 pm

I was referring to it in a subtle way but, as always, you are very observant. Very Happy

Maybe it's discretion that I lack... silent
Back to top Go down
75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Great walkaround, many thanks! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)   

Back to top Go down

Walkaround: Castor Bean Tick (3B Scientific)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1