Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!

Go down 
+3
NightLioness
SUSANNE
landrover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! Empty
PostSubject: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Not long ago, I was contacted by a manager of a HK toy company about some Nayab figures.
He told me that most of the figures we identify on forum as Nayab, are not exactly what we think but, from his company.
Also, that most we also assign as manufactured from Nayab to other brands, are actually from his company either.
I asked for catalogues, official pictures or an online source but it doesn't exist. That just a manufacturer and not exactly a brand.
But the confirmation was made in a much nicer way, I received the wild dogs set as sample gifts! Very Happy
Yes, as you can see in the label where figures are inserted, it reads the manufacturer's name: "Toy-Mate Manufacturing Company".
We can read also the article number "113".
Of course I am making several questions, including the most important, where can we find their sets? I really believe that all thematic sets we know as Nayab, are Toy-Mate instead.
I also asked the species here represented, but I don't believe I'll obtain that information.
I truly am convinced that these wild dogs are based in real species. I can't identify them all, but the fennec is more than obvious. Likely there is a bat-eared fox, a grey fox... maybe you could give me your ideas about what they are.
They were already listed on TAI but those non foxes, were not my personal identification and I haven't changed it. It is just conjectural as all of them.
Obviously, it is also a big bonus for my collection. I owned already two of them, gifts from Fallon, but other 4 were missing. So, the fennec, is for sure, one more fox for me. I hope some of the others are also.
To conclude, I wanted, basically, to share that info with you, most we know as Nayab, are Toy-Mate instead. I'll informe you all as soon as I find more info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

.Interesting information.

Thanks Roger. Wink Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Interesting information. Could it be that the grey figurine is a coyote, the striped a jackal. Also a dingo in pic 4 and a maned wolf in pic 6 ?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 am

BIG congratulations with the fox (?) set, Roger cheers
Hard to tell, if they are indeed foxes, as Andreas says scratch

The question of brand is thought provoking, - but my thoughts keep going round and round Shocked

If we say that Toy-Mate Manufacturing Company PRODUCES them, and Nayab is distributor, we could compare to almost all brands, who have their models made by other compagnies . Actually I can only think of Bullyland and Schleich, who MAKE part of their models themselves. M&B is the exception  scratch

Looking at THIS PAGE , they do sell as well, though.
The guy also said that they have made the "nice ones" in new colours, which indicates that they themselves are decition makers .

If we look at AAA, we still call them AAA no matter who sells them, makes them or owns them, - but fortunately they are marked AAA  Rolling Eyes

I often regret that we were so hard on the guy "NAYAB". Never understood that he was booed out. He was only doing his job, and could have been a good source of information to compare with Crying or Very sad

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:27 am

Hmm, interesting!
First, big congrats on this canine group Very Happy

We do not know much about Nayab.
Neither about this new manufacturer.
The fact that they have no catalogue or online source, makes me question this.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I am sorry, but NAYAB guy sold copies from the bigger brands and was RUDE!
We only wanted answers which he could not answer or he got in a nitfit. (calling me racist and other members stupid and idiots)
But I understand your point! He could have some answers, if he was really from Nayab.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:06 am

A very elusive pack !

I can't tell for the species, they are a bit far from reality. For example the otocyon coud also be a Maned wolf.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 11:32 am

I think it could be more common canid species in a set of 6 :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Accidentally I opened a kind of double topic. Laughing
I will then reply to the question of Nayab/Toy-Mate, Susanne and Karin are pointing very interesting points.
Now, my collector instinct is making me want to know if we can find the exact species if possible.

As polybag figures are known as made by Nayab, there is the chance that they're also made by Toy-Mate. I find some similarities between the polybag dingo and one of the canids of this set. It is identifyied as an African wild dog on TAI, but I tend to think in it as a dingo, is this one you're suggesting too, Andreas?
However, these ears are really more like an African wild dog. Laughing

Toy-Mate wild dog

Wild Republic polybag dingo

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Accidentally I opened a kind of double topic. Laughing
I will then reply to the question of Nayab/Toy-Mate, Susanne and Karin are pointing very interesting points.
Now, my collector instinct is making me want to know if we can find the exact species if possible.

As polybag figures are known as made by Nayab, there is the chance that they're also made by Toy-Mate. I find some similarities between the polybag dingo and one of the canids of this set. It is identifyied as an African wild dog on TAI, but I tend to think in it as a dingo, is this one you're suggesting too, Andreas?
However, these ears are really more like an African wild dog. Laughing

Toy-Mate wild dog

Wild Republic polybag dingo

Or this?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Oh! geek I used the wrong picture and I haven't noticed! That's quite silly from me. I really wanted to use that picture instead. Fortunately I commented it was identifyied as a wild dog on TAI or it could result even more stupid from me. Thanks for fixing it Andreas. These two, exactly! I think it works reasonable for a dingo. Very Happy

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Very interesting info, thanks Roger!!!

Some questions are growing up in my mind... for example... how many brand will do the same as nayab? paying for models?

And... if one brand buys the models but makes the painting... how can we consider that? For example, there are a lot of artists re-painting Breyer models and the works are amazing, much better than the brand works.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Have this brand also the bigger and better detailed models?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Roger wrote:
Oh! geek I used the wrong picture and I haven't noticed! That's quite silly from me. I really wanted to use that picture instead. Fortunately I commented it was identifyied as a wild dog on TAI or it could result even more stupid from me. Thanks for fixing it Andreas. These two, exactly! I think it works reasonable for a dingo. Very Happy

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!   Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids! Empty

Back to top Go down

Do we really know what is Nayab? ... check this topic of wild canids!
Page 1 of 1