Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources) Empty
PostSubject: Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources)   Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Review of the complete set of Jumbo Insects by Learning Resources. Taking the forum back to its roots to examine a set of actual TOYS! Yes, the figures in this set are specifically designed to be educational toys for children.

There are seven figures, all large (size comparable to K&M Polyvinyl Bag or Safari LTD Hidden Kingdom figures), solid-piece PVC figures. While they are all fairly generic, the sculpts are not duplicates of anything else I have seen or have. The figures come in a sturdy cardboard carrying case and are accompanied by a pamphlet with 'fun facts' for kids to learn more about the largest group of animals on the planet!

The figures represent a butterfly (presumably a monarch), lady beetle, bee, fly, ant, dragonfly, and grasshopper (I am particularly fond of the ant and grasshopper).

Normally, when I review a set, I recommend it for the superior quality or interesting species choices. This time I cannot give such recommendations. The only people that might be interested in this set are 1) those with children interested in the natural world or 2) entomologists that like to have representatives of as many different companies' versions of different species as possible. Can you guess which I am? Hint, I do not have kinds LOL.

Other animal sets in the Jumbo series include: Farm Animals, Ocean Animals, Pets, Jungle Animals, Zoo Animals, and Dinosaurs.

One to the pics!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload a gif

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources)   Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Nice !

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Review: Jumbo Insects (Learning Resources)
Page 1 of 1