Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 am

Review of the complete set Aquatic Museum by Wing Mau. While in recent years, it appears Wing Mau is producing and marketing figures by Play Visions, Club Earth, and K&M International, this appears to be an original set of theirs. The set consists of six species of crabs, two of which are unique figures (see below).

There are six figures, each a solid piece of PVC/plastic. Each figure comes with a plastic base (there is no attachment method for the base) that when assembled with each other, forms a large base that can be used as a diorama-style play set. I do not remember if each crab figure had a specific base associated with it, so the bases I have for individual species below is random. The figures are typical gashapon-sized, roughtly 25 mm across the carapace (I do not have one handy at the moment for measurements).

This is a recommended set, especially for those interested in aquatic/marine species. It shows up on eBay periodically and is still on the Wing Mau website so it should still be in production.

Here is a group shot of the crabs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the assembled base:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Individual crab figures (in no particular order):

1. Chasmagnathus convexus, the mud-flat crab.
This is to my knowledge a unique figure.

2. Chiromantes haematocheir, the red-claw crab.
Previously also made by Furuta, Kaiyodo, and Yujin.

3. Mictyris longicarpus, long-armed soldier crab.
Interestingly, the paper for this figure is mislabeled as Uca arcuata which is also part of the set (see below). Previously made by Cadbury (Yowies) and Epoch.

4. Uca arcuata.
A fiddler crab previously made by Koro Koro (Toba Aquarium).

5. Uca crassipes.
A fiddler crab, technically unique by major/professional manufacturers but Jetoar made one for Paleo-Creatures (Unknown Depths).

6. Uca lacteael.
A fiddler crab previously made by Epoch.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 am

Wow, you found these crabs! Where? Big congrats

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:24 am

widukind wrote:
Wow, you found these crabs! Where? Big congrats

I think I bought them on eBay. They pop up on eBay every now and then!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 am

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

Love this set! Wing Mau surprise me every time!
Really like the tiles, that you can connect, looks very cool!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)   

Back to top Go down

Review: Aquatic Museum (Wing Mau)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1