Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
arafan
Roger
widukind
Ana
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana Empty
PostSubject: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello, friends!
Together with some other figures, I got also this Mojo 2017 tortoise! I think it's such a nice model that I wanted to make a walk around photos of it.

The model is 8cm long and 4 cm wide. I don't know precisely what species it represents, as I don't really know much about reptiles.  The painting is nice and detailed, the body is kind of olive green and the carapace is dark brown. The model, unlike the horses, for example, is made of hard plastic, similar to older models by Mojo. It makes a good impression and the paint sticks very well to the model. I like the overall quality of it!

Here some photos of this little friend! On the last two photos a comparison with Papo Galapagos Tortoise

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6920

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6921

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6922

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6924

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6925

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6923

mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana _mg_6926

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Great tortoise too :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Giant tortoises are really hard to determine which exact species they are. Maybe some expert on forum can tell it better. Very Happy
Since I saw the first official picture, I got the impression that this particular tortoise could be a fantastic model. I was right, it is really a high quality figure, very realistic with good proportions and detail. Your pictures are also wonderful with a nice background and an interesting comparison with the real giant from Papo. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 am

Thanks for the walkaround, it doesn't look bad, but the paintjob on the shell could be better, specially compared with the Papo one.
And it's a Galapagos, not shure with the exact species, but definitley not the Aldabran. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 11:20 am

It is a lovely model cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Excellent model, I want it so badly drunken

Very nice pics Anna, this newcomer is really glamour I love you

arafan wrote:
And it's a Galapagos, not shure with the exact species, but definitley not the Aldabran. :)

I can't remember why? confused
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

It's a very nice tortoise with a charming face. This is another new one I saw in-store and I will probably pick it up. Thanks also for showing the Papo- it's good to see that it isn't too large- they actually go well together as different-sized individuals. Paint-wise, it looks like the Mojo has just been bathing in water and washed off the dust. Smile

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Wow!

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
arafan wrote:

It's a just a really small detail, and difficult to expain but on the shell, just over the neck there's a little cavity, on the Galapagos this is completely open, but on the Aldabrans there's a very tiny plaque. I don't know how to explain, but you'll see it if you compare the two species. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 am

arafan wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
arafan wrote:

It's a just a really small detail, and difficult to expain but on the shell, just over the neck there's a little cavity, on the Galapagos this is completely open, but on the Aldabrans there's a very tiny plaque. I don't know how to explain, but you'll see it if you compare the two species. Very Happy

The nuchal scute! Okay I remember, Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Thank you for nice comments! It's nice to see you like this model and that little walk around too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 pm

love tortoises! This is amazing model and amazing photos, thank for sharing with us!

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana   mojo - Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo fun tortoise 2017 - walk around by Ana
Page 1 of 1