Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia

Go down 
+3
Ana
widukind
A.R.Garcia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia Empty
PostSubject: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:34 am

Here are my pictures of the 2017 Mojo alligator. In the official pictures it looked good but upon finding it in person I liked it even more. It may be my favorite alligator (and a highlight in general) for its overall realistic appearance, fluid pose, and moving jaw. I also like the old Safari Ltd alligator (compared below). The jaw seam (especially when closed) may bother some, but I think it's worth it on this model. It is made from the material that feels durable and flexible at the extremities. (Note: there is also a walkaround by Ana here.)

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5899ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5900ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5901ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5902ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5903ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5904ed

Jaw completely closed...
Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5905ed

…and jaw completely open:
Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5906ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5907ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5908ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5909ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5919ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5910ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5911ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5912ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5913ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5895ed

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:37 am

Here's a comparison with the Safari alligator. It is dated 1997 and still stands out among reptile figures (and is still in production).  The paintwork is notably different between them- the Safari appears less detailed but the metallic paint on and around its eyes gives it a lot of vitality. The Mojo paint scheme is actually fairly simple, but it interacts with the sculpted textures to create the very nice, detailed appearance.

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5914ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5916ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5917ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5918ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5920ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5921ed

Looking closely (and past some of the paint), you can see how well-sculpted the old alligator is:
Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5922ed

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 am

Great pics :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 am

It was so fun to photograph, I couldn't resist setting up a little scenery to help the new alligator feel at home:

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5931ed

This is probably an atypical frog-catching technique but it makes use of the articulated jaw...
Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5943ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5945ed

Finally, some comparison scenes of compatriot river monsters: American alligator, alligator snapping turtle, and alligator gar! What a Face  Crocodile
(turtle from the Yujin series, gar from the Colorata fossil fish box)

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5924ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5930ed1

(a little murkiness added digitally)
Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5927ed2

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5929ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5940ed

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia IMG_5942ed

I hope you enjoy the pictures. The model has been a lot of fun so far. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 am

Beautiful photos of this model! I love especially scenes with underwater elements, wonderful! I think you chose a perfect background for the alligator! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Nice diorama pics and that alligator looks so much better than the catalogue pics

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks everyone. Anna, a number of my additions from the past year or two make me want to do more underwater pictures... but I need to find a thin sheet of glass or a sturdier sheet of plastic to make the water line easier to simulate.

James, I agree, and was pleasantly surprised to discover this model in person, and see how nice it looked. With most model animals it is a luxury to see them in person before buying.

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:09 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Thanks everyone. Anna, a number of my additions from the past year or two make me want to do more underwater pictures... but I need to find a thin sheet of glass or a sturdier sheet of plastic to make the water line easier to simulate.

James, I agree, and was pleasantly surprised to discover this model in person, and see how nice it looked. With most model animals it is a luxury to see them in person before buying.

I am not so lucky to enjoy to see them in person and buy , as in India nothing is available, except for a few years CollectA , it's only when I travel outside India I search for a toy store selling miniatures !! So it's on the forum or diff groups that I get the joy to see them and then hunt for them

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 4:40 pm

WANT ONE! WANT ONE! WANT ONE! WANT ONE!

It is my best surprise for 2017. I never thought I would fall in love for this alligator... But it's done drunken

Your walkaround, comparison pics and River scenes are great. I will come back to watch it again and again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 pm

That's indeed a nice guy! Very Happy I didn't expected that it would be that good. I really would have like to see a comparition with Schleichs (which looks childish, but isn't that bad). Thanks for the walkaround, it's on my wishlist for shure. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm

I am really surprised with this figure! I love the snout, the level of detail, the pelvic area, the movement... just look the way that hind right leg is posed! Everything looks natural on it and the motion was perfectly captured. The painting is very clever and makes it look realistic. No signs of toyishness on it. Even the ventral area is very well done! cheers That's surely one of best Mojö's and I am convinced it is my new favorite gator! Very Happy
I have to point also that this topic is absolutly fabulous and a huge gift to this forum! cheers

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks for the comments. Smile

James, for the most part it is hard to find much offline here, either. Happily there are some exceptions including some Mojo.

Christophe, these surprises are sometimes the most fun, yes?

Bryan, I think I saw the Schleich in person once and it is definitely more of a caricature (but still quite alligator-y).

Rogério, I agree. Though there is a larger Safari 'gator this year that I'd like to see in person- it may be another best.

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 5:29 am

Your presentation looks so much like a museum display !! Magnifico !! And I can only imagine and look forward for your presentation of an Amazon rainforest scene like this !! This Mojo alligator is definitely a want for me now.

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia   Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö Alligator- walkaround/comparison by A.R.Garcia
Page 1 of 1