Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Traditional-sized New Ray horse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

Traditional-sized New Ray horse Empty
PostSubject: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 pm

In a mixed lot of horses I found this New Ray horse. It is the same size as the Breyer Traditionals and is marked on the inside of the hindlegs. On the right leg it says New Ray with the typical logo and on the other leg is written 'Made in China Popak New Ray Mfg. Ltd. Dongguan China'. This is it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Here compared to a Breyer horse
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Simone, the horse looks very interesting. Perhaps it´s an unusual size ?
So far I only know the small horse models by New Ray, they are much smaller than the horses by Schleich for example.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 10:47 pm

WOW ! I have never seen such a large New Ray horse model before affraid

What a great and interesting find ! Congratulations, and thankyou for sharing Applause Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 pm

New-Ray is a salade of surprises! However, while researching a little about the brand, I remember seeing some pieces in that scale. Though, New-Ray has such a huge lot of toys that it is hard to have a decent idea of what really exist. :)
It is also different when we read an information or see an online sale when compared with these great and very illustrative pictures you are sharing. Now I am shocked. Shocked Laughing To be fair, it is a good looking horse. What's its weight?
By the way, you can find the set for sale here! Very Happy

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 am

Thank you for finding the set. I never knew there was a whole family available. The foal is quite similar to one of the Breyer foals. The horse I have is made of hard plastik, hollow and very light, about 200 grams.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 12:20 am

sortepletter wrote:
Thank you for finding the set. I never knew there was a whole family available. The foal is quite similar to one of the Breyer foals. The horse I have is made of hard plastik, hollow and very light, about 200 grams.

Thanks for these informations about the figure. I had seen it perfectly in your pictures, now I almost can feel it in my hands. Very Happy
About figures that are similar to Breyer, that is a kind of common subject. Though, I find it hard to make a horse that Breyer hasn't made it similar before. Laughing Their range is huge! Is there any chance that you point me to that Breyer foal? Now I am curious. bounce

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 am

Hi Roger, sure, I took a quick photo of the foal I was thinking of. It is this one here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank you and very well observed! Very Happy they surely bear some ressemblance. :)

PostSubject: Re: Traditional-sized New Ray horse   Traditional-sized New Ray horse Empty

Back to top Go down

Traditional-sized New Ray horse
Page 1 of 1