Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( Empty
PostSubject: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello everyone... I'm a bit confused today. I was trying to search one of the following animal models (please tell me if some of them are rare...)
African buffalo (cow)
African forest buffalo

I surfed through the web, but the Play Visions forest buffalo and the Merten cape buffalo set are out of stock. The only forest buffaloes available are homemade models, but too much money. Does anyone knows if there is a cheap brand model (like Schleich or Bullyland, etc.) of an African buffalo cow, or a forest buffalo????????

Oh, I forgot... If there is no model of those, which brands accepts and answers (don't worry, not quickly) submissions of model ideas?????

-TASG
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 pm

I dont no African buffalo cow and the only African forest buffalo is made by Play Visions and really hard to find

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 pm

If Andreas says so, it is true  Crying or Very sad

TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:

Oh, I forgot... If there is no model of those, which brands accepts and answers (don't worry, not quickly) submissions of model ideas?????

-TASG

CollectA has ofen ansvered our prayers, but I do not know if it is still the case with the new ownership scratch

Perhaps you can make them yourself ? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am

Well, I must say I don't really know about sculpting... But thanks for saying CollectA answers submissions :) I already submitted an idea, but no answer... Let me check if they answer me this time, but THANKS! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Unfortunately there are no known available figures from these animals as Andreas mentioned. However, 10 years ago, there were a lot of animals we never thought they could be made and now we have so many to choose that is being hard to keep collecting them all. Laughing
On these days, most collectors used a good technic, if it doesn't exist, just make a custom. You will find lots of topics with good tips, try our customs section and tutorials. I am sure that if you want them so much, you will feel motivated to try.
I think you could use the Terra Battat buffalo as your base to make a Cape buffalo cow.
About major brands, this forum is being relatively successful during last years, a respectable number of new releases, are direct suggestions from our members. It is not always easy and direct. The last decisions are always from the companies. Unfortunately Schleich discontinued their African buffalos, bull and calf, before introducing a cow. I wonder how this bull procriated? scratch scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Roger wrote:
.....Unfortunately Schleich discontinued their African buffalos, bull and calf, before introducing a cow. I wonder how this bull procriated? scratch scratch

lol!

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 am

Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko and Harriet Knibbs made a pair of First Buffalos. They can be found here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They can be found for sale here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also agree with Roger that the Terra Buffalo makes a good female cape buffalo.

PostSubject: Re: Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(   Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:( Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem: trying to find a buffalo cow or an african forest buffalo...:(
Page 1 of 1