Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 am

Review of the complete set of Japanese Crab Figure Collection by Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum. I do not remember the release date, but it was probably 3-5 years ago. As the name suggests, they are crabs endemic to Japan/southeast Asia.

There are seven figures representing six species, two of which are unique at the species level. They are all solid PVC however a few of them have articulated claws. They are also typical gashapon-sized and comparable with other Kaiyodo figures. The detail on these are amazing, some of the best of the small crustaceans made!

One to the figures, in the order presented on the accompanying paperwork:

1. Blue swimmer crab, Portunus pelagicus.
This species was made once more by Kaiyodo and twice by Cadbury, for the Australian and UK Yowies series. This figure is one with articulated claws. Other species in the genus and family have been made.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Box crab, Calappa lophos.
This species was made once more by Kaiyodo for one of the Aquatales sets, and will be re-released later this year or early next year. This one also has articulated claws.

3. Samurai crab, Heikeopsis japonica.
This is one of the two unique figures in the set!

4. Fiddler crab, Uca tetragonon.
There are two other figures of this species, a male and female by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. when they re-released the Yujin set (after T-TARTS bought Yujin). The male figure has an articulated major claw.

5. Soldier crab, Mictyris brevidactylus.
This is technically a unique figure, as I believe other members of this genus are attributable to M. longicarpus (although I am not 100% sure of the Epoch figure...).

6 and 7. Red-clawed crab, Chiromantes haematocheir.
There are two figures of this species, one mature and one immature. Furuta made this figure previously as part of their Choco Q Animatales series and Kaiyodo will be making a large figure in 2018 as part of their Sofubi Toy Box line!!! It has also been made by Yujin and Wing Mau.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 4:36 am

This set is absolutely fabulous Blaine. Eve if I don"t collect arthropods, I would love to catch those beauties though the prices are a bit hurting now.

For the Sofubi Toy Box Red-clawed crab, I will catch it for sure I love you

Thank you for showing the complete series. the Red-clawed crabs are the rarest of the batch isn't it?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 11:10 am

Wow, that are beauties :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)   Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum) Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese Crab Figure Collection (Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum)
Page 1 of 1