Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?

Go down 
+3
NightLioness
Kikimalou
WhiteLightning Wolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 am

Recently was on eBay casually browsing listings when I came across one advertising the Schleich Meerkat family.

I don't have the pups but I do have the two adult meerkats...so I am very familiar with what they look like.

Here are mine:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now take a look at the standing Meerkat being advertised as the official "Schleich" 14368 standing meerkat in this listing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know I am not losing my mind. That pose is completely different from the official 14368 Schleich Standing meerkat. (Although the bottom half and back view of the figure look relatively the same.)

I also notice no Schleich tag or text is present on this figure. I don't recognize it as belonging to another name brand so is this what I think it is? A slightly altered counterfeit version of the official Schleich meerkat?

The seller is getting $50 per set he sells with this mystery meerkat (And people ARE buying these sets) which I think is horribly wrong given the one is clearly not the official 14368 Meerkat.

I kind of want to report the listing as false advertisement as a result since he is selling a counterfeit figure as the 'Schleich' meerkat.

But I wanted to gather opinions before I do this. If it is from another name brand, please let me know!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 am

Even the material seems different, I guess you are right, it is a fake.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 am

Maybe a weird combo between the Schleich and Papo meerkat?
Mystery is everywhere on the Internet. But I think this one is a fake. Poor people who pay $50 if it is a fake! Sad

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 am

That's all very strange. I also don't recognize that meerkat and, if it is a fake, what seems to be, it is surely not decent from this seller. Sad
Where are the Schleich ladies that chased our forum because we have just shared some official pictures showing their new products? I am sure they surely know if it is Schleich or not. Evil or Very Mad

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 3:14 pm

It reminds me of the Brunnen meerkat adult, but again, it's slightly different. It looks pretty neat, even if it's a fake! But $50?!? That's a scam!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Roger wrote:
Where are the Schleich ladies that chased our forum because we have just shared some official pictures showing their new products? I am sure they surely know if it is Schleich or not.

I'm afraid that they're only interested in getting 2018 pictures off the internet silent

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
baimax

baimax

Country/State : Us/TX

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 6:08 am

Looks to be the Blip Meerkat model that comes in the Natures Wonder in HD set. Untruthfully listed, but I’d love to get my hands on one, I love the pose!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 8:41 am

So mystery solved Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TreAn

TreAn

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 4:59 pm

Sadly its fake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?   Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery Standing 'Schleich' Meerkat?
Page 1 of 1