Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Klick HERE to vote for the SUY of October Very Happy

Share | 

Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher

Go down 
AuthorMessage
postsaurischian

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 pm

This Wiener Bronze figure was made around the turn of the century in Vienna / Austria.
                             The founder of the best known bronze manufacture of these days, Franz Xaver Bergmann
                                        lived from 1861 to 1936, which is about the time period we're talking about.
                        The figure is pretty heavy and incredibly beautiful. I hope I could capture this a bit in these pics.
                                                 I found it at a flea market in Zürich / Switzerland.  cheers Lucky me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

compared to the figures of Nature Techni Colour (left) and Kaiyodo (center):
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Oh wow, this truly is a King among the Fishers! Shocked cheers I'm a bit speechless, for it's such a magnificent figurine.. I was just hoping to see a common kingfisher by one of the major brands in the upcoming years, but if I'm ever able to catch this, that would be good enough. What a catch! The paintjob looks great, almost magical - as if this bird came flying off a renaissance/barok painting. Gorgeous! And thanks for sharing your incredible clean pictures, it completes this perfect figurine. Incredible! drunken

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Beautieful figurine :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Beautiful catch Applause

was it expensive?

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:09 pm

A beautyful, beautyful, beautyful, wonderful bird cheers

Yes !! Lucky you !!! :Applause

You write it is from "the turn of the century" . Does that mean it is about 20 years ol ? Not 120, I suppose, with the great condidtion of the model Very Happy

Thankyou for shring the perfect photos sunny

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I was not really expecting to see such a beautiful piece! You're really lucky indeed but, you surely deserve to be lucky! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 am

This is a beautiful model!
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 am

Very Happy Thank you all for the comments!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

You write it is from "the turn of the century" . Does that mean it is about 20 years ol ? Not 120, I suppose, with the great condidtion of the model Very Happy

It is indeed very old. Having compared it to similar models of that period, my guess is 1910 - 1920, but I'm definitely not an expert on this.

Beautiful catch Applause

was it expensive?

Yes, it was pale . I tried, but I could not leave it behind.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Beautiful catch Applause

was it expensive?

Yes, it was pale . I tried, but I could not leave it behind.

I understand

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher   

Back to top Go down

Wiener Bronze - European Kingfisher
Page 1 of 1