Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Collection - on shelves

Go down 
+5
Bloodrayne
widukind
Roger
Bowhead Whale
bmathison1972
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Blaine's Collection - on shelves Empty
PostSubject: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Today I am re-imaging my Collection on Shelves. I always love seeing other forum members' collections as displayed so I am sharing mine. Obviously, this is not everything. My shelves highlight taxonomic and manufacturer diversity. Because of space limitations, figures by unknown (and usually generic) manufacturers are not displayed unless they are unusual taxa. Also, a lot of Toy Major and Safari TOOB/K&M tube figures are not shown.
I do show large figures by major manufacturers and most Japanese stuff (although small Sega and some Kabaya figures are not shown unless they represent unique taxa). I also show most porcelain figurines except some of the flat feves.
Also, the make-up of what's on these shelves changes as new things come in, and sometimes things on shelves get pushed into the drawers...sigh

My availability to take pics will depend on lighting in my main room, so most pics will have to be taken mid-day on weekends when I am home.

Let's start with Lepidoptera:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Oh! My God! Those GIANT caterpillars!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 am

To have the chance of seeing how your remarkable and unique collection looks on shelves, is just a tremendous honour. Naturally you couldn't display them all considering how huge is your collection. Though, it is good to see that you find a balanced way to display your figures. I like how your butterfly and moths are displayed. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] stands surely among these. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 am

Wonderful collection !!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am

Your collection looks very nice.
The risers and steps really help to make it look very clean and tidy.
And I'm a big fan of that when it comes to collections. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 9:46 pm

HOLY HAMSTER affraid

I can't count how many time I have scrolled up and down !! Laughing

This is so beautyful, and interesting and unique ! I love you

Thankyou very much for sharing, - I just can't wait to se more bounce Very Happy Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 10:05 pm

What pops are the colors and this collection just shows how beautiful nature can be! Amazing display, fantastic!!

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

I love it! It's so colourful drunken Very nice, those moths and butterflies are gorgeous Smile Love to see how you arranged your other figurines!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm

OK, been a long time since I updated shots of my display cabinets. This time, the crustaceans. Like with the butterflies and moths, these are not everything. Smaller, generic figures are stored away and larger figures are randomly places around the house. Sorry the focus isn't great, given depth of space. I think I need units with more, but more shallow, shelves.

this last display is in my bathroom:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 pm

It is a collection of very very special figurines!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Marvellous shelves with rare figures everywhere.

Surprising collection. king king

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 am

Watching your collection is somewhat like taking fresh air. I believe the group you're displaying on your bathroom could work perfectly in your kitchen. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Collection - on shelves   Blaine's Collection - on shelves Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Collection - on shelves
Page 1 of 1