Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 pm

I knew from early proto pics that new Ancient Fishes were coming from Favorite, but I assumed the Atractosteus gar would be an alligator gar...

But they went with CUBAN gar! The most endangered of them all!

They've also teased a Scleropages arowana, but we'll see what species they do!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Interesting stuff :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

A true beauty cheers Applause Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Looks really great, exciting and of high interest! Please keep us up to date! bounce

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Very nice! I'm actually dying to get my hands on that gar. An alligator gar would have been my preferred species, but I love supporting endangered wildlife as well. Any help finding a site that sells them to US buyers at a reasonable price would be much appreciated.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:52 pm

@barracudacat wrote:
Very nice!  I'm actually dying to get my hands on that gar.  An alligator gar would have been my preferred species, but I love supporting endangered wildlife as well.  Any help finding a site that sells them to US buyers at a reasonable price would be much appreciated.  

To be fair there are a few gator gar figures out there (even a freakishly rare and expensive Aqualand one). I am personally thrilled to get a different species...and they should be releasing in a few weeks!

As for sources, Brett is taking preorders, and some of us know our ways! But I don't think there are any definite sources outside of Japan.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Quote :
To be fair there are a few gator gar figures out there (even a freakishly rare and expensive Aqualand one). I am personally thrilled to get a different species...and they should be releasing in a few weeks!

Thanks for the information. I didn't know it wasn't out yet. I had seen pictures and it was absolutely gorgeous!

I'm, just curious, but are there any 5-6" gator gars, or thereabouts? This is the size range that interests me most. While the Cuban gar is a different species and I do not know how big they get, this figure could realistically represent a large, 1:20 scaled gar in general. That and its overall beauty are why I love it.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:44 pm

@barracudacat wrote:
Quote :

Thanks for the information.  I didn't know it wasn't out yet.  I had seen pictures and it was absolutely gorgeous!

I'm, just curious, but are there any 5-6" gator gars, or thereabouts?  This is the size range that interests me most.  While the Cuban gar is a different species and I do not know how big they get, this figure could realistically represent a large, 1:20 scaled gar in general.  That and its overall beauty are why I love it.

I think the largest was the Replica Toy Fish one (called a 6" figure but I think closer to 5").

As far as Cuban gar go, they are pretty small--1.5 metres or so! So for scale, this figure is roughly 1/10 (it's about 16cm long). Of course, for a 3metre gator gar, that would make it 1/20 but their patterns are different.

I also just realized that a link to the Favorite site with the Ancient Fishes would be helpful! http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Quote :
As far as Cuban gar go, they are pretty small--1.5 metres or so! So for scale, this figure is roughly 1/10 (it's about 16cm long). Of course, for a 3metre gator gar, that would make it 1/20 but their patterns are different.

I also just realized that a link to the Favorite site with the Ancient Fishes would be helpful! http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

Thanks for the link. It definitely helps! The dimensions work for me.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   

Back to top Go down

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018
Page 1 of 1