Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I thought the original Papo ocelot's face is not convincing. I felt like to repaint it but I don't have the right tools and I've never done this before. So I tried to fix it with a ball point pen on the facial painting. I'm not sure how other people feel but I think it looks better. Only one bad thing is the ink is light reflecting.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Nice work

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm

cheers We don't always need expensive, special equipment cheers

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Thank you for encouraging.
Could anybody please tell me what kind of paint and brush people usually do repainting?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Lovely work! If you're concerned with the glossiness to the pen, you can get a paint-on or spray matte varnish to match the rest of the model Smile

There are many different mediums you can use to paint models, such as pastels, oils, acrylics, and airbrush. I personally use an airbrush but acrylics would be a cheap and easy way to start. As far as brushes you'll be fine with getting a cheap variety pack with some smaller brushes for details and slightly bigger ones to paint larger areas. Basecoats can be done with a small sponge and dabbing the paint on the model in thin layers.
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm

@LeeAnn wrote:
Lovely work! If you're concerned with the glossiness to the pen, you can get a paint-on or spray matte varnish to match the rest of the model Smile

There are many different mediums you can use to paint models, such as pastels, oils, acrylics, and airbrush.  I personally use an airbrush but acrylics would be a cheap and easy way to start. As far as brushes you'll be fine with getting a cheap variety pack with some smaller brushes for details and slightly bigger ones to paint larger areas. Basecoats can be done with a small sponge and dabbing the paint on the model in thin layers.

Thank you so much, LeeAnn. The above is very informative. I'm interested in learning it. It must will bring much more fun in collecting.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 am

Of course! Any questions about customizing models feel free to PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   

Back to top Go down

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen
Page 1 of 1