Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen Empty
PostSubject: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I thought the original Papo ocelot's face is not convincing. I felt like to repaint it but I don't have the right tools and I've never done this before. So I tried to fix it with a ball point pen on the facial painting. I'm not sure how other people feel but I think it looks better. Only one bad thing is the ink is light reflecting.

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen Origin13Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen Origin14Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen 1110
Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen 2210
Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen 3310
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Nice work

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm

cheers We don't always need expensive, special equipment cheers

Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Thank you for encouraging.
Could anybody please tell me what kind of paint and brush people usually do repainting?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Lovely work! If you're concerned with the glossiness to the pen, you can get a paint-on or spray matte varnish to match the rest of the model Smile

There are many different mediums you can use to paint models, such as pastels, oils, acrylics, and airbrush. I personally use an airbrush but acrylics would be a cheap and easy way to start. As far as brushes you'll be fine with getting a cheap variety pack with some smaller brushes for details and slightly bigger ones to paint larger areas. Basecoats can be done with a small sponge and dabbing the paint on the model in thin layers.

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Lovely work! If you're concerned with the glossiness to the pen, you can get a paint-on or spray matte varnish to match the rest of the model Smile

There are many different mediums you can use to paint models, such as pastels, oils, acrylics, and airbrush.  I personally use an airbrush but acrylics would be a cheap and easy way to start. As far as brushes you'll be fine with getting a cheap variety pack with some smaller brushes for details and slightly bigger ones to paint larger areas. Basecoats can be done with a small sponge and dabbing the paint on the model in thin layers.

Thank you so much, LeeAnn. The above is very informative. I'm interested in learning it. It must will bring much more fun in collecting.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 1:38 am

Of course! Any questions about customizing models feel free to PM me Smile

PostSubject: Re: Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen   Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen Empty

Back to top Go down

Fix Papo Ocelot's painting with ball point pen
Page 1 of 1