Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Soma toys: anyone knows them?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anybody knows about the toy manufacturer Soma? It's a company that was very strong in the 1980's. Here is a toy that I bought back in 1986, when I was nine years old. It's a glow-in-the-dark ankylosaurus that belongs to a line of Godzilla-shaped dinosaurs. Soma is also known for having made a line of Masters of the Universe that was called, if I remember well, "Fantasy World".

I uploaded the toy and the card pictures in my TAI Contributions page. If Roger agrees, I will add Soma and my pictures into TAI.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

AGAIN you show us a brand that most of us have never heard of cheers

It is really amazint so many brands there are or have existed !
Especially in the 80ś, when moulding tools were so expensive to make, - thankyou for sharing flower

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
AGAIN you show us a brand that most of us have never heard of cheers

It is really amazint so many brands there are or have existed !
Especially in the 80ś, when moulding tools were so expensive to make, - thankyou for sharing flower

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

Never heard before :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Valérie, I didn't know about the company and it is always very interesting to check a lot of brands from 1980's and 1990's that you bring to the forum. Most of them surely would keep anonymous if it was not you.
You don't need my agreement to edit on TAI. Nobody needs, I am only there to give my support when needed. If any editor ever thinks that something shouldn't be there, we can always discuss it on forum or solve it through contact or editing work.
I opened a page for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I hope we are talking about the same company. You can now include your pictures if you wish. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Great! I will include my pics as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Pictures included in page. I also added the names of the other species represented: the Stégosaurus (obvious), the Triceratops (obvious as well), Iguanodon (the one standing, with a crest on its back and big Blunt teeth in its mouth, at the extreme right of the picture: ancient representation of Iguanodon), Megalosaurus (the carnivorous, multiple-fingered  one facing the Iguanodon) and the Tyrannosaurus (the one that looks like Godzilla, Godzilla being inspired by ancient représentations of Tyrannosaurus).  By the way, Roger, what other companies have I introduced here, that you didn't know about?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am

Pictures included in page. I also added the names of the other species represented: the Stégosaurus (obvious), the Triceratops (obvious as well), Iguanodon (the one standing, with a crest on its back and big Blunt teeth in its mouth, at the extreme right of the picture: ancient representation of Iguanodon), Megalosaurus (the carnivorous, multiple-fingered  one facing the Iguanodon) and the Tyrannosaurus (the one that looks like Godzilla, Godzilla being inspired by ancient représentations of Tyrannosaurus).  By the way, Roger, what other companies have I introduced here, that you didn't know about?

Good work introducing pictures and adding the list. Very Happy
It is hard to remember exactly which brands I've read before about them or not once they are a lot. Probably, some of them, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could have read before about them but I am not sure. Larami is a good example, I've seen it before for sure but it was thanks to your topics that I have a good overview of what it is. We still have NF, if it is a brand. I think Beatrice asked me a long time ago if I knew it and we still keep ignoring what it is in fact. Though, thanks to your topic, now we know how their figures look like. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:35 am

Good work introducing pictures and adding the list. Very Happy
It is hard to remember exactly which brands I've read before about them or not once they are a lot. Probably, some of them, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could have read before about them but I am not sure. Larami is a good example, I've seen it before for sure but it was thanks to your topics that I have a good overview of what it is. We still have NF, if it is a brand. I think Beatrice asked me a long time ago if I knew it and we still keep ignoring what it is in fact. Though, thanks to your topic, now we know how their figures look like. :)

Talking about Tyco... I think it would be a good idea for us to introduce DinoRiders animals on TAI. First, I will have to add them to my TAI Contributions page. I will do it sometime next week (I am using my brother's IPad right now, and I don't know how to upload pictures with it. I only know how to do it with a regular computer). What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soma toys: anyone knows them?   

Back to top Go down

Soma toys: anyone knows them?
Page 1 of 1