Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* Empty
PostSubject: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 am

Thanks Yvette! I've waited so long for the giraffe and calf and I got them for a pretty good price too. And what you said is true, those models really are something special and hey did great job on the sculpt.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:11 am; edited 96 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Here are my new additions, I seem to have hit the jackpot this year and my family and friends got me lots of new models which I am so so excited to share with you. So let's get started.

Here are my new Breyers. Picasso was a long wanted model and he is wonderful and interesting to look at due to his unique patterning. The Ram and deer and stablemates my mom found at various craft sales in these past few months and got them all for extremely cheap! The deer for instance were only .99 cents each. And I adore the ram particularly, he will stand next to my elk bull and maybe someday I can get the rest of that line of models from Breyer.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here are my Schleich farm animals. The cows aren't what they used be, and neither are the horses frankly but I can still find some charm in some of their models. I love all the foals, and the Clydesdale gelding is a great model to me. The knapstrupper had to grow on me, and the bulls are a little odd proportion wise but again, there are little characteristics that I can enjoy for each model.

And lastly, my wild animals from Mojo, Schleich, and Safari. The zebra has nice painting if his pose is a little boring, the leopard had surprisingly good detail on the spots (in my opinion) I think they are getting a little better at that, the dunklosteus is a little bit of an "Extra" model for me, I need to find his safari companion but I love that species of fish so much I wanted him badly. The Chimp is interesting because of his coloration, and the rest are nice too, though the raccoon has an interesting paint job...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 1:15 am

Glad to be of help with Grand Champions info! Laughing
You got really loaded with Christmas! Shocked I want, however, give a special focus to these Breyer wild life figures. The bighorn is really beautiful and doe got that fragile looking that these creatures have. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 am

What a wonderful christmas you have  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

....... but I can still find some charm in some of their models. ........ but again, there are little characteristics that I can enjoy for each model.

Paige, you are the most wonderful, positive person I love you queen  cheers

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:55 am

What a great lot of Christmas goodies!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 4:17 pm

Love the Breyer Deer and Bighorn Sheep! Applause Applause Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Congratulations, the Santa Claus was very kind to you :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Great Christmas collection! You received so many amazing figures this year. I love the dunkleosteus and Piccasso. The breyer ram and deer set are amazing finds as well.

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 7:29 pm

that bullyland pair of mama and calf are wonderful !! nice christmas haul !! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks everyone! This year people finally listened to me, this is basically all my Christmas stuff... but its so worth it. Laughing It took a lot off my wishlist.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 am

Here are my New Years additions!

I had to get some of them because I waited so long and my "local" (its the closest toy store to me a few hours away) was getting rid of them so... I brought them home with me. The Schleich sets pictured are really great in my opinion, I LOVE the little piglets, black snake, ostrich chick, and crocodile baby and was so happy to have them. The last two I was surprised that they were rubber but I suppose that was a necessity due to their small size. I really like the coloration of the Chocolate Palomino mustang, and decided to nab the little shampoo commercial Icey for my shelves as well, the cheetahs are some of my favorites for that species. The pangolin was very nice, the tail a bit shorter than I thought it'd be, but his Mojo cousin (I hope to get sooner rather than later) can make up for it I'm sure. The Papo birds and fox are all lovely, the marabou stork especially! The rest are all thrift store finds including an XX iguana, no name china salamander/newt, two twin lion cubs, the gray version of my brown breyer stablemates donkey, and another Collie dog (I forget the brand... I will find it somewhere). The nicely colored orange one I already had and pictures to show a little difference, the new one has quite a bit of paint loss but has more brown coloration so it's either a variant or an older model I think. Anyways, enjoy.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 am

Again you got a very interesting flock of different brands and species and ages! Great photo - a joy to watch ! cheers
I also enjoy to read your comments - the little shampoo commercial Icey lol! -and that you tell us what brands they are study

Those lovely collies..hmmm, at first glance I thought they were Bullyland, but they probably aren't scratch

Thankyou for sharing and congratulations with your great finds Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 am

I also enjoyed the shampoo commercial Icey comment! Laughing It goes very well with what I dreamed this night. In that dream I've found a girl with a bag full of Schleich horses and I got surprised that among them there was a 13609 Camargue mare. I asked her how was possible to find a horse that is retired for more than 5 years and she told me it was new. Over closer inspection, I noticed that the horse was heavily braided although it was clear that it was remastered from the Camargue mold. So, I dreamed with a figure that do not exist but it seems my Subconscious is worried with Schleich horses. Laughing Weird, I only have 3 Schleich horses at the moment in my collection and horses are not definitively my main collecting subject. Well, enough from my own belly. Important is that you acquired several fantastic figures and it is incredible the pleasant way you can show all of them in a single shot. bom

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Lovely additions again :) Congrats :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Great additions! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 12:44 am

All great additions Paige. I love that Maribou Stork! (and the arctic fox, and the pangolin...)
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Congratulations on all your additions, Paige! cheers It's always a treat, scrolling down this topic and watching your latest and wildly varied newcomers Very Happy Can't wait to see the next bunch!

I see you acquired some of the GI Joe wolves - I got myself one as well, a few weeks ago. I saw a few of them in Fallon's ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wolf) collection, and they are lovely! I got the one from the GI Joe - The Rise of the Cobra | Snake Eyes - Paris Pursuit set, which you acquired as well. I just noticed there's a black variation as well!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Sorry again for belated replies (I'm famous for them) but school keeps me pretty busy. Thank you for all the nice comments, the "shampoo" commercial icey just makes me laugh, she truly does look like one of the women from those types of commercials with perfectly styled hair so I couldn't help myself.

Thanks Julie for the info on the GI Joe models, I hope to be able to track some more down. Of course they aren't "collectors quality" in terms of realism but they really are nice little guys nonetheless as you said. And, one cannot have too many wolves (though mine are about ready to outgrow their shelf!).

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 am

Here is my lot of new additions. Everything in the first photo are AAA/ELC models from Taos, excepting the little jaguar cub and mystery brand rubber hatching dino baby. I LOVE all of the AAA/ELC models, they have such a unique quality and charm and a realism of their own. The elephant seal and highland bull is especially great, so thanks Taos! Then in the second photo is my group of thrift store and store purchases. The Schleich's and otter were old actually and I kept forgetting to include them in photo shoots, but the Breyers, Chap Mei (?) barracuda, Tree House kids Labrador, etc. are all nice models too, though less realistic or a little damaged from their past lives, but I love them anyways. I do not however, know anything about the indian rhino other than its vintage-like plastic quality, solid, and not other than China. I haven't decided if I want to keep him yet, but any information about that guy is most welcome. Anyways, I hope everyone's New Year start of collecting is off going well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 am

Again you got wonderful new models cheers
I agree that AAA and ELC models are wonderful.
That llama !!!
And the goat is just an awesome model !!!
Actually they all are cheers

The mixed flock is ever so charming !!!
Is the fish from Chap Mei ? He looks like it Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

Big congratulations again , all are wonderful :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks guys. sunny

I really love AAA models. They can make it hard to store them because of their size and sometimes they aren't the most absolutely realistic of models, but they seem more realistic to me because they capture the real personality and charm and spirit of animals as individuals. And you also get some bonuses since many of them really are quite realistic in detail, the Llama is case in point. He has a little mane going down the back of his neck and his coloration and curly hair and sly smirk on his face...

And yes, the barracuda is Chapmei I confirmed after I googled. He is only marked with a China stamp but he looks just like the set he would've come in.

Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Lovely collections old friend I hope you are doing well Saarlooswolfhound Crocodile cheers flower

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Here are my new additions, some are from trades but most are thrift store finds. The safari toob of prehistoric crocs was exciting, I heard it was being retired ad could not find it online anywhere for a decent price but I went to my "local" toy store and they had one left. Now I need a grab the last two retiring toobs I want before they are gone. Then I bought a bunch of goats and sheep and a pig from CollectA, all are wonderful and splendid figures and very welcome to my collection. I also finally got around to the goat family from safari as well. And I also found the silver versions of my golden colored Fjords so I was very happy to find them both as well in the same place. The two Tree House kids models are leftovers from trade I am helping Jarda with and they have some chew marks on them unfortunately, but I couldn't bring myself to throw them away since they are so hard to find. And lastly, I found a safari sperm whale (my favorite whale species), an TM GSD, an unknown swan, and a bunch of cheap little fishes, which most have a few doubles of and will make a great reef display.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 am

Really lots of new great figures. I am sure if Emma was here as before, she could easily identify all your fishes. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next