Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 am

Nice nice nice.
Love the mixed finds, i really want to go to a fleamarket my self soon but i have no time.
every time i see your additions it ceeps hunting my mind that i maybe can find some of those beauty's my self Razz
But nevertheless CONGRATZ on those beauty's Very Happy

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Grats with your new additions Saarlooswolfhound!
Quite the collection you have there cheers So how do you display them?
Do you have cabinets from IKEA like most collectors have?
Like me too lel Laughing

Looking forward to see alot more from ya friend Crocodile RAAAWRR!! xD Crocodile

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Congratulations again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 3:31 am

Ok, here goes another round. I went out of town for a few days to visit my sister and she has one of my favorite farm and ranch stores and kid toy store I had to visit. And because I have zero self control I had to buy a few (a lot actually) models for my collection, but now I need to relax a little and not drain my bank account...

I love these deer from Papo and have eyed them for a long time. I especially the sort of vintage styling of the stag, and I wish so badly that a brand would make a Rocky Mountain Elk cow and calf as magnificent as these red deer. The moose is also really impressive actually, I really his relaxed ears and more rounded curves that are so similar to the large bulls you see around here. I also found the little chocolate lab puppy to join his mother and the border collie fostered him for a few days during my trip. I was originally not interested in the BC, but as usual he grew on me and I had to get him if I wanted his red and white buddy in the new set this year. The chickens are nicer than their catalogue photos and I like the coloring of the rooster although its just a revamp of their old one, and the little goat was too charming and now seeks his mother too. Then I got the stallion to my Andalusian foal and also the Hanoverian pair although now I need to track down the foal... the fun never ends huh?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 am

WOW !!! Again I missed all the wondeful additions you got lately !!! Sleep

I will have to go back an enjoy now Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:

Could you make a walkaround of teh Schelcih kangaroo? Very Happy

It is here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 am

Nice newcomers :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 pm

With 0 self control surely the fun never ends! Laughing You are a collector in every sense of the word and you have a taste very open to several styles of figures. I agree the Papo stag has a vintage touch and it looks a really proud creature like those from British islands. Laughing Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:21 pm

I agree, - that stag is perhaps the one I love most of all cheers

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Greet additions
i feel you with the sell control... same here hahaha

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Thank you everyone for your comments on this post and the previous one. If anyone needs another walk-around of the kangaroo I am more than happy to help, just let me know. I adore the stag, though his cow and calf are great too. The stag is really a piece of art, but the other two are nice from my perspective and as I said I hope someone makes a Rocky mountain elk version of them too sometime.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:18 pm

@Tylo: being a poor college student I don't have money to throw at Ikea shelves (though I'd love to). What I've done is repurposed book shelves for my main collection and modified some drawer organizers for smaller stuff and made my own wall shelves for my breyers. I have a few designing projects I was hoping to get done this summer and post photos of them, so hopefully updated pics will be posted here sometime in summer.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
@Tylo: being a poor college student I don't have money to throw at Ikea shelves (though I'd love to). What I've done is repurposed book shelves for my main collection and modified some drawer organizers for smaller stuff and made my own wall shelves for my breyers. I have a few designing projects I was hoping to get done this summer and post photos of them, so hopefully updated pics will be posted here sometime in summer.

Sounds like wonderful dispaly, personal and individual Very Happy

I look very much forward to see what you are making this summer Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 pm

PS : I just checked Ikeas Danish pages, and found the nice and not too expensive Billy vitrine shelves .

It says that they estimate that there is sold a set somewhere every 5 seconds, even if they were sold since 1979 ...for almost 40 years  !!!! That is what I call a success Laughing

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Wonderful additions,especially the Breyers! Smile

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Wonderful additions Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the link Susanne, it won't work right for me but I googled the shelves and Ikea on US sites and they are nice. Someday I will have a whole room dedicated to floor to ceiling shelves that will have doors etc to help with dust and kids. But for now the bookshelves suit me just fine, I like the wider shelves and they are cheap to buy usually and modify. One of my projects is to apply plexiglass to some of them so my nieces and nephews won't get into them. Like I said whenever I get around to it I will post photos.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 am

I have had these for about a week now and was just able to post them due to lots of work from school and other events that have kept me busy. But I decided to finally order some replica toy fish before they go out of business and morph into a new improved company. Here are the three sets I bought:

I bought the following sets: Midwest Tackle box, the trout/salmon box, and the 5 six in fish set.
These are the fish included in those sets (in order as above): Walleye, Northern Pike, Brook Trout, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Yellow Perch, Pumpkinseed, Crappie, Muskellunge, Tiger Musky, Smallmouth Bass, and Largemouth Bass. Greenback Cutthroat Trout, Colorado River Cutthroat, Brown trout, Rainbow Trout, Kern River Golden Trout, Brook Trout, Coho Salmon, Chinook Salmon. and lastly, large Northern Pike, Tiger Musky, Alligator Gar, Longnose Gar, Shovelnose Sturgeon.

I am not the greatest at ID-ing fish to begin with, let alone with very small models that don't have 100% accurate painting but I love these fish nonetheless. I've gotten a recent new appreciation for the intelligence and fabulous nature of these guys and think they are very undervalued and underestimated, so I appreciate the work of a company like this. I just hope that they make some new sturgeon in the future (probably my favorite family of all the fish species) and that he branches out to worldwide freshwater fish in the future. In the meantime, enjoy looking at these great detailed little guys.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 am

Great fish additions :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 12:07 am

You got a complete collection at once. I also love these Replica Toy Fish, they are not the same usual sharks or popular tropical fish, they are lots of species that we could never expect to see released in toy shape even if some of them are very known. Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 am

I love this company. I'm glad I have been able to get many in for my store--and my shelves!

Were you not able to get the 3" lake sturgeon, longnose gar, and juvenile & adult alligator gars?

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 am

When I purchased from his store I just got the three sets, and everything else was bulk models. I'd been stalking his website for years but never got around to buying any for myself until now, and that's what was left. I'd love to get my hands on more models but it seems that many weren't produced in mass etc. as you described in your thread.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 4:31 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
When I purchased from his store I just got the three sets, and everything else was bulk models. I'd been stalking his website for years but never got around to buying any for myself until now, and that's what was left. I'd love to get my hands on more models but it seems that many weren't produced in mass etc. as you described in your thread.

Well, if you need the 3 small gars and the lake sturgeon, I have a fair number--I'm sure I can help you out. On my trip I am hand delivering some to a Dino Toy Forum member in Atlanta!

Oh, and the Striped and Guadalupe bass.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 pm

These are some models I found recently (the toob was discounted) so I brought them home. I was very happy to track down the sloth bear at a local store, and complete the Asian black bear species. Now Papo just needs to make a spectacled bear and that's all the species isn't it? I ended up liking the summer coat fox more than I thought, though his smile is a little crooked with the paint so he looks like the Joker... What a Face Laughing I finally found the mama goat and Hanoverian foal to finish off those families, and the toucan brought some color to the lot. The duck I like a lot more than I expected too, he even has little curled tail feathers! The toob is nice as well, not painted very professionally but I enjoy these small dolphins and whales and sharks and they don't take up much room either. Anyways, that should be it until I return from my vacation in two weeks, and if I'm lucky I will bring home some coastal treasures! bounce

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Congratulations for your new figures and please enjoy your holidays. I am looking forward to see what the coastal area has to offer. Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 5:46 am

Nice additions again :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next