Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonette29

Dragonette29

Country/State : UK

Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates Empty
PostSubject: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi everyone  Smile
I'm planning my second handmade model and this time I'd like to make it to scale.
Does anyone know of a straightforward way to print an image to a specific size so I can use it as a template for wire armature?
I know how to calculate size to scale, I just don't know how to achieve that size on paper. I know I could just make a drawing, but I don't feel that my skill is quite adequate yet and I'm worried I will mess up the proportions Embarassed
I would really appreciate some assistance with this. Otherwise, it's back to trial-and-error printing. Help me save some trees, would you? Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 am

I am not sure I am understanding exactly what you need but I will try. Make a copy of the original file to not miss your original work and resize, with a metric system, your copy to the desired size. If you just print it normally, it will print with the given dimmensions.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 am

Roger wrote:
I am not sure I am understanding exactly what you need but I will try. Make a copy of the original file to not miss your original work and resize, with a metric system, your copy to the desired size. If you just print it normally, it will print with the given dimmensions.

Aaaaah Shocked So the rulers on the top and sides of most word processing programmes are CENTIMETERS affraid  Idea
How strange, - I never even thought wbout what they are Embarassed geek lol!

Starting the morning by learning something new, - how wonderful sunny cheers:

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 am

Agata, I look forward to see your next work(s) bounce Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Roger wrote:
I am not sure I am understanding exactly what you need but I will try. Make a copy of the original file to not miss your original work and resize, with a metric system, your copy to the desired size. If you just print it normally, it will print with the given dimensions.

Yes, most graphics programs have the rulers with metric system so you can check the size of the elements.
Later, just don't forget to check if your printer has turned on an option of printing in 100% size. Printers are often initially set to print smaller pictures to fit on the paper (usually 3-5% smaller).

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Dragonette29

Dragonette29

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Sorry about the very late reply!
Thank you for the tips, I'm playing with my printer and MS Word right now and this appears to be working! :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Dragonette29 wrote:
Sorry about the very late reply!
Thank you for the tips, I'm playing with my printer and MS Word right now and this appears to be working! :)

Fantastic ! Great to know cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates   Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates Empty

Back to top Go down

Printing images to a specific size, to use as templates
Page 1 of 1