Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repairing Lineols

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

Repairing Lineols Empty
PostSubject: Repairing Lineols   Repairing Lineols EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi there, I don't know if there was such topic, if there was I'd really appreciate a link to such discussion.

I have a growing collection of Lineols and Elastolins, many of them are quite well damaged, and require resculpts and repaints.

Does anyone know what sort of glue is safest with those oldies ? I don't want to destroy them, and I'd like to ommit all possible chemical reactions with glue, or paints.

I'd mostly care to keep them for another decades, without destroying the models.

Also I use vinyl/acrylic paints, and acrylic primer/gesso - is there anything dangerous about those that could cause any damage ?

Thanks for help!

http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

Repairing Lineols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing Lineols   Repairing Lineols EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

For stabilising crumbly bits I had some success with super-glue (cyano-acrylate) bled into the wounded area, however, it got very hot, I mean; too hot to handle for several minutes, but it did work on a bunch of Czechoslovakian figures. I was useing dirt cheap unbranded £-shop stuff and was pleased to find it didn't cause any white frosting either, and soaked in instantly.

For larger mends you need wood powder (not 'saw' dust, proper wood-flour) mixed with linseed oil, but I think you have to find special linseed ('Boiled'), not the stuff you buy for tennis rackets and cricket-bats! The Linseed will give you the colour of all that German, Czech and Belgian composition.

For a lot of French, Japanes and British composition you will will need pumice, for that whitey-grey look (but you can use PVA wood glue with is kinder and pretty inert), while the US (only a few small companies) used either, but with bull's blood as one of the constituents, theirs is usually brownish.

Antique sites/forums are better for research on this than toy/model figure sites/forums.

Drevopodnik on my Blog

Wikipedia Recipe

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Repairing Lineols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing Lineols   Repairing Lineols EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Repairing Lineols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing Lineols   Repairing Lineols EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Yes, very interesting !!! study Very Happy

Sponsored content

Repairing Lineols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing Lineols   Repairing Lineols Empty

Back to top Go down

Repairing Lineols
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: Lineol-
Jump to: