Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018

Go down 
+8
Dum_my
lucky luke
Roger
bmathison1972
Ana
widukind
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018    Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm

9 choices...you have duplicated Decapoda (which I am not complaining about :-)

I just hope we get some taxonomic diversity. While we don't have 'Jaguars' and 'Mustangs' there are other options for both those groups already. And after that silly 'Conga Lines' I am in no hurry for 'All White' or 'Made in Portugal'. I would like to see more taxonomic or biogeographic diversity in SUY topics.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018    Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:14 am

bmathison1972 wrote:

I just hope we get some taxonomic diversity. While we don't have 'Jaguars' and 'Mustangs' there are other options for both those groups already. And after that silly 'Conga Lines' I am in no hurry for 'All White' or 'Made in Portugal'. I would like to see more taxonomic or biogeographic diversity in SUY topics.

I suppose people who collect only horses or only big cats would not have very many topics to participate in. But even though I have a relatively narrow collecting scope, I too enjoy seeing varied taxa and biogeographic regions. I only have one decapod in my collection, and only two lizards (both of which are mosasaurs), but I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing what kinds of interesting creatures other people may have, even if I can't contribute much if at all.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018    Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:01 am

halichoeres wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I suppose people who collect only horses or only big cats would not have very many topics to participate in. But even though I have a relatively narrow collecting scope, I too enjoy seeing varied taxa and biogeographic regions. I only have one decapod in my collection, and only two lizards (both of which are mosasaurs), but I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing what kinds of interesting creatures other people may have, even if I can't contribute much if at all.

All of us who specialize will have few options to participate in ;-). I also like to see critters even if I don't collect them, but please not another excuse to drag out horses ad nauseum.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018    Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
9 choices...you have duplicated Decapoda (which I am not complaining about :-)....

Ohh ! Thankyou Very Happy

I wished that wonderfully eager people would make it clear if they are just supporting a suggestion, - it is fine to do so, but sometimes my old head imagines it is a new suggestion farao geek Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018    Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of January 2018
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2